PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jay Cutler is an ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
espn shifted the hate to rivers in that cutler rivers thing a few years ago

at least the last couple years people are finally seeing cutler for the douchebag that he was all along

That's because Rivers was a douche and Cutler had the beetus and was everyone's 'sleeper' binky in the 2006 draft.

That perception only changed once Rivers played the AFCCG with a torn ACL and people compared it side-by-side with Cutler sitting frowney-faced on the sideline during his Championship game.

If people hate winners then who do they love?

Underdogs. Until those underdogs become winners and then America begins the process of trying to knock them down. I could go into this deeper, but it would get the thread sent to the Political toilet.

Underdogs. Until those underdogs become winners and then America begins the process of trying to knock them down. I could go into this deeper, but it would get the thread sent to the Political toilet.

"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain." -Harvey Dent

espn shifted the hate to rivers in that cutler rivers thing a few years ago

at least the last couple years people are finally seeing cutler for the douchebag that he was all along

I expect you mean this video of the exchange.

At the time, Cutler had the "dealing with diabetes" story and Rivers looked like a clown. I was actually rooting for Cutler, and wasn't too fond of Rivers.

Fast forward a few years, and Rivers earned my respect playing with a torn ACL in the playoffs while Tomlinson sulked. Cutler is a poor imitation of Favre on the field (all the dumb interceptions without the big wins) and has repeatedly shown a knack for stupid comments and lack of a sense of team. It speaks volumes when a QB, the centerpiece of the offensive team concept, halfway through his contract demands to be traded. I don't care how bad McDaniels was, but good QBs weather the storm of lousy coaches and do not dump their teammates to address a perceived insult, whether there in fact or not.

There is way too much on Cutler at this point for me to think he deserves much more than celebration over his individual failures for as long as he plays the game.

Last edited:
"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain." -Harvey Dent

"Perhaps he's wondering why you'd shoot a man... before throwing him out of an airplane." -Bane

I expect you mean this video of the exchange.

At the time, Cutler had the "dealing with diabetes" story and Rivers looked like a clown. I was actually rooting for Cutler, and wasn't too fond of Rivers.

Fast forward a few years, and Rivers earned my respect playing with a torn ACL in the playoffs while Tomlinson sulked. Cutler is a poor imitation of Favre on the field (all the dumb interceptions without the big wins) and has repeatedly shown a knack for stupid comments and lack of a sense of team. It speaks volumes when a QB, the centerpiece of the offensive team concept, halfway through his contract demands to be traded. I don't care how bad McDaniels was, but good QBs weather the storm of lousy coaches and do not dump their teammates to address a perceived insult, whether there in fact or not.

There is way too much on Cutler at this point for me to think he deserves much more than celebration over his individual failures for as long as he plays the game.

It was my understanding that McDaniels took issue with Cutler's attitude off the bat, and that's why he was traded. McDaniels looked like a jackass at the time because Cutler was Denver's golden boy, but Josh was proven right. He just couldn't find a competent replacement.

you guys are wrong about the rivers cutler thing

cutler wasn't diagnosed with diabetes till spring 2008 , the MNF game in which rivers and cutler had their espn thing, was december of 2007

rivers , sticking up for his defense, said atta boy baby

and espn twisted it, like only espn can, into rivers calling cutler a baby

when brady shows emotion it's cool around here

when other qbs do it, they're apparently douchebags

funny how that works

oh and i'm completely unbiased

i was the first to call out LT on his classy bs comment

first to defend brady after he talked **** to marty schottenheimer after marty tried to make excuses for a ne loss

and ALWAYS first to love when ANY qb in the nfl shows emotion and that they have a heart....

even called out the chargers for kicking an onsides kick at the end of this weekends sd kc game, which was totally uncalled for....

I like Cutler.. I feel like he gets hated on for things a lot of QB's do. It looks douchey but if he's upset then maybe he just doesn't want a confrontation.

It really boggles the mind that there is so much Brady-hate when there are prima donnas like this out there.

Everyone hates a winner. New England has an undefeated season, no losing seasons, 3 super bowls in 5 appearances, 4 #1 seeds, Tom Brady MVPs in little over a decade. Hell, New England is almost averaging a Super Bowl appearance every other year! I don't see how people can hate Brady other than the fact that he is a winner. It's just jealousy.

i dumped cutler from my fantasy team. he was a bad influence in the locker room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back