PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jan 19 2002 - 22 years ago last game played at Schaefer/Sullivan/Foxborough Stadium

Was at the Snow Bowl as a 10-year old kid. Our tickets for that game were in the 300s. My dad and I were walking out of the stadium after the “fumble.” We saw the play was being reviewed on a TV at one of the concession stands, so we rushed back in. By that time, a sizeable chunk of the crowd had left and we were able to get seats about 30 rows up at the 50-yard line to witness history.

Nothing will ever top that.
That is exactly my story of that game
After the fumble we were walking out. Just as the referee was coming back out from under the hood we stopped and watched it on one of those small TV’s they had
We went running back in when he said” the quarterbacks arm was coming forward. Incomplete pass”
After Adam kicked the field goal and we went into OT and we won the toss an Erie calmness came over the stadium. We knew the tide of failure had changed in that moment on that snowy night.
The rest was history

Much quicker to "relieve" yourself in this area than wait in line to take a beer fueled leak...

lEzrFKX.jpg
Saw guys like you pissing downhill towards the racetrack thru the chain link fence.....

Then why is Buffalo building a new one?

The Chiefs have plans to replace Arrowhead as soon as the Royals move downtown.

Both Buff and KC have stadiums built over 50y ago.
My neighbor has a carburetor engine BMW that old that won’t pass emissions testing
Only college stadiums and Lambeau field deserve to remain standing.

That is exactly my story of that game
After the fumble we were walking out. Just as the referee was coming back out from under the hood we stopped and watched it on one of those small TV’s they had
We went running back in when he said” the quarterbacks arm was coming forward. Incomplete pass”
After Adam kicked the field goal and we went into OT and we won the toss an Erie calmness came over the stadium. We knew the tide of failure had changed in that moment on that snowy night.
The rest was history
When the Pats came out as a TEAM in SB 36 I could not have been more proud and I was 75% sure that the Pats would win.

If Weis didnt tell Brady were going now instead of waiting for OT, I believe the Rams were coming back and winning.

Both Buff and KC have stadiums built over 50y ago.
Lambeau is over 60 years old.
My neighbor has a carburetor engine BMW that old that won’t pass emissions testing
Tell him to put a new engine in there. That is what KC just did with Arrowhead updating heating for the field, plumbing and electrical to the tune of millions.
Only college stadiums and Lambeau field deserve to remain standing.
And Fenway

Gillette stadium is already inadequate and in need for a new one.

Time flies.

So happy they spent all that money on a TV and lighthouse and now a new field just to put lipstick on a pig.
FYI stadium operations says they plan on getting another 20 years out of Gillette.

Why do people care so much?

I don't get it. I go to some Bills games and the stadium is absolutely fine.
It's...not. It's 50 years old, built less than 2 years after Shaefer - and is the identical cheap design. Maybe that's why it seems fine? Seems like home?

Lambeau is over 60 years old.

Tell him to put a new engine in there. That is what KC just did with Arrowhead updating heating for the field, plumbing and electrical to the tune of millions.

And Fenway
Lambeau and Fenway have been fully refurbished multiple times. You can't refurb Highmark Stadium, because it's that cheap piece of **** stadium that Schaefer was.

Meanwhile Tennessee is already working on their next one
I mean, grifters gonna grift, too. Atlanta is on dome #2 already after all, the last one only lasted what, 20 years?

Lambeau and Fenway have been fully refurbished multiple times. You can't refurb Highmark Stadium, because it's that cheap piece of **** stadium that Schaefer was.
They have actual seats.

Didnt Schaefer have bench seats that were aluminum?

I mean, grifters gonna grift, too. Atlanta is on dome #2 already after all, the last one only lasted what, 20 years?

If you look at the new stadiums being built, it's no question that Gillette is antiquated.

Is it practical or even useful to rush into a new stadium? Obviously not.

But it really is quickly becoming a relic.

I watched them build it.

Atalanta built a NFL Stadium and a MLB stadium at the same time. Most cities cant get 1 stadium built.

They have actual seats.

Didnt Schaefer have bench seats that were aluminum?
Except in the 100s up front, yes. Rich Stadium had benches until pretty recently.

I watched them build it.

Atalanta built a NFL Stadium and a MLB stadium at the same time. Most cities cant get 1 stadium built.
Because most cities can't push through tax hikes required to pay for them, because it takes public money that they don't actually get back - even though they pretend like they will.

Pity i was never able to see a game, i would have loved it for sure

Except in the 100s up front, yes. Rich Stadium had benches until pretty recently.
Bottom line is that its all about NFL owners making more money.

Buffalo is going to lose a significant amount of 2nd level seating to new corporate luxury boxes that lease to high rollers for a pretty penny. All that lease money goes directly to the owner. Same with Arrowhead when they do their deal. The beer and hotdog fan can move up to the nosebleeds and like it.

Section 12, row 6

and you're welcome, our roar from the south end zone let you all know the kick was good a half second before everybody else knew...

epic, ethereal, exciting, and walked out of the game ecstatic...

Foxboro was a ****hole, but man, what a great place to see a game... rowdy, raucous and sometimes rough... no visiting team fans in the endzone, ever... seats always filled by the same drunken fools (me included) week in week out... all things a football game should be...
Awesome post
That would have been my feeling

Much quicker to "relieve" yourself in this area than wait in line to take a beer fueled leak...

lEzrFKX.jpg

As a season ticket holder in this dump, I have more than once seen drunken a-holes actually relieve themselves on the benches in front of them.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back