PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jan 19 2002 - 22 years ago last game played at Schaefer/Sullivan/Foxborough Stadium

Was at the Snow Bowl as a 10-year old kid. Our tickets for that game were in the 300s. My dad and I were walking out of the stadium after the “fumble.” We saw the play was being reviewed on a TV at one of the concession stands, so we rushed back in. By that time, a sizeable chunk of the crowd had left and we were able to get seats about 30 rows up at the 50-yard line to witness history.

Nothing will ever top that.

Yeah and first playoff win of the dynasty.

I was there. It really didn't seem that cold and the snow was very light and fluffy (I remember it piling up on people's heads and shoulders). I also recall a guy sitting a couple rows down from me (sec. 204) who had an air horn in each hand he held up blaring when Oakland was on offense. No way something like that would be allowed these days in Gillette.

Wow, the memories are coming back pretty clear ... Wiggins making a ton of catches ... We couldn't see Vinatieri's tying field goal because it was snowing so hard and lights in the old stadium weren't the brightest, so we were happily surprised when the refs raised their arms. His OT winning kick everyone pretty much took for granted because it was closer. I still have the souvenir playoff hat I bought at that game. Great stuff.

Section 209

Me, my father, and my brothers. First of.....I lost count. Spoiled.

I remember starting to feel a little cold and then all the sudden it warmed up with those beautiful words "the quarterbacks arm was going forward it is an incomplete pass."

Seems like just yesterday. I wasn’t at the game but sea term on the training ship with mass maritime. I was a little late for my watch as we were able to get the game and scurried off to it after the non-fumble. Found out a little later the good guys won.

It’s amazing how fast time flies. You can’t appreciate how true that statement is when you’re young.

Why do people care so much?

I don't get it. I go to some Bills games and the stadium is absolutely fine.

It's about how much the Krafts are committed to paying for the best.

It's about how much the Krafts are committed to paying for the best.
Considering they're 29th in cash spending and have one of the worst-rated facilities from that player poll..

I like how the song "In the air tonight" is playing as the review goes on. Seems poetic.

This play did not lose the game for the Raiders. They could have stopped NE from getting into fg range. In overtime, they allowed them to go right down and score.

The rule itself may have been controversial. But the call that night, going by said rule that existed, was correct.

I was there.

Section 209
Section 12, row 6

and you're welcome, our roar from the south end zone let you all know the kick was good a half second before everybody else knew...

epic, ethereal, exciting, and walked out of the game ecstatic...

Foxboro was a ****hole, but man, what a great place to see a game... rowdy, raucous and sometimes rough... no visiting team fans in the endzone, ever... seats always filled by the same drunken fools (me included) week in week out... all things a football game should be...

Last edited:
Section 209

Me, my father, and my brothers. First of.....I lost count. Spoiled.

I remember starting to feel a little cold and then all the sudden it warmed up with those beautiful words "the quarterbacks arm was going forward it is an incomplete pass."
Walt Coleman did a MNF game between 2 NFC teams (IIRC) earlier that season and ruled the exact same way on a identical play.

The Raiders had it coming for the Ben Dreath call alone.

Last edited:
For some the last piss in a trough.
View attachment 56051
Much quicker to "relieve" yourself in this area than wait in line to take a beer fueled leak...

lEzrFKX.jpg

Was at the Snow Bowl as a 10-year old kid. Our tickets for that game were in the 300s. My dad and I were walking out of the stadium after the “fumble.” We saw the play was being reviewed on a TV at one of the concession stands, so we rushed back in. By that time, a sizeable chunk of the crowd had left and we were able to get seats about 30 rows up at the 50-yard line to witness history.

Nothing will ever top that.
As Pats fans youre just trained that bad things will happen and that there will be disappointment.

So, the only logically thing to do is beat traffic.

Why do people care so much?

I don't get it. I go to some Bills games and the stadium is absolutely fine.
Then why is Buffalo building a new one?

The Chiefs have plans to replace Arrowhead as soon as the Royals move downtown.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back