PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jaguars franchise sold: should they move - and if so, where?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Los Angeles gets its Team, it will solve two problems at once. While there is no reason to doub that metro NYC can support two teams. albeit in one Stadium, the San Franciso Bay area does not have enough population in the long term for two Teams.

Plus the Raiders ALREADY have a fan base in Los Angeles and Al Davis was always careful to not be trapped with a Stadium lease. They are the logical Team to move back to LA. Plus Davis was always ready to sue the NFL for driving him from LA; and his heirs would easily re-institute that suit to make magabucks, if another Team actually tried to move to greater Los Angeles.

The Vikings stadium issues are being worked out. Sharing the Buffalo Bills between the Buffalo, and Toronto is the obvious way to solve the Bills smaller market problems. while Buffalo may be a declining city, Toronto is the largest and wealthiest city in Canada. The Team sharing works for the Green Bay Packers, who until very recently always played a few games in Mailwaukee, so as to become the Team for the entire State of Wisconsin, and earning the Cheese head title.

The largest city by far, not to be represented with an NFL franchise, (other than LA), is in a State utterly mad about football. So it would succeed there just as the NBA has.

Welcome the San Antonio Jaguars to the NFL.

Shouldn't there be some sorta penalty for LOSING two teams? At the very least.

Totally LA. It's been way too long since they had a pro football team to ignore.

Last edited:
Sharing the Buffalo Bills between the Buffalo, and Toronto is the obvious way to solve the Bills smaller market problems. while Buffalo may be a declining city, Toronto is the largest and wealthiest city in Canada.

It seems likely that the Bills Toronto Series is being used to gauge support for an NFL team in Toronto itself. Could Toronto get the Jags?

Jacksonville can sustain a team, they just need one that doesn't suck. Face it the Jags have MJD, and that's it! Now they are stuck with Gabbard. As I said yesterday, the mistake was not drafting Tebow WHO IS FROM JACKSONVILLE!!! That stadium gets filled every year for the Georgia-Florida game. So there are plenty of football fans around.

I know this sounds dumb, but if I owned the Jags, I would try and get them in the AFC East! The only reason that the the Tampa Bay (nee Deivl) Rays are still a franchise is the 16 guarenteed sell outs they have every year when either the Sox or the Yankess come to town. If I'm the Jags, maybe try and move Miami to the SOuth and move the Jags into the AFC East. This way you can guarentee that you will have three sellouts a year with the Jets, Bills (I can't tell you how many people from Buffalo live down here), and the Pats! Sure you would most likely be staring up at the Pats every year, but hell they can't beat Indy or Houston either.

I've been to a few games there and I'm really looking forward to bringing a clan there next year. The downtown is small but a pretty good party spot, lots of empty retail space since the Superbowl and you know who taking office, but still plenty of restaurants, bars (Hooters is still there) hotel rooms, all within walking, water taxi ride to the stadium.

Jacksonville is growing, like the rest of Florida and Coastal Georgia. The right owner, with a winning team, and you can do well there. Plus about what 30-40 percent of the players in the NFL are from Florida, no state income tax, pretty low cost of living, great weather. I'm sure that if you had an owner committed to winning (Weaver was committed to making money), you could do well in Jacksonville.

San Antonio is the obvious choice unless the nfl is ready for a Toronto franchise.

If I were Jacksonville GM I'd call Elway and offer him Gabbert for Tebow and a draft pick! BAM-2 teams happy all at once! Otherwise it looks like they will move to LA and the muslims will be blamed!

If I were Jacksonville GM I'd call Elway and offer him Gabbert for Tebow and a draft pick!

Throw in a sugar cube and a carrot, and you got yourself a deal. :cool:

Last edited:
I think a third team in New Jersy and sharing the new "Giants Stadium" would be a great idea :)

Louisville ..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case