PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I've Figured Out Which Top Seed Is Going to Lose This Weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a very tricky game.It can go either way.Holmgren knows Farve very well.I'll take Green Bay only because its at Lambeau field.
Don't be so hasty. Remember when Vick and the Falcons went up there and beat them in a wildcard game in 2002? I don't predict the Packers to be upset this year though.

Boomer on EEI picked the Jints to beat the Cows. Said Romo (Jessica) & TO (hamstring) are in turmoil.

Got to agree with you on the AFC, but think that there is a pretty good chance that the upset will be the other game. Seattle has an underated defense and with Kerney up front and Truffaunt in the secondary they have enough to get old #4 slinging them off his back foot again. I can just about see Seattle doing enough on Offense to squeak by.

On the Giants Dallas game, I think that Eli will find it extremely difficult to string 3 good games together, especially high pressure ones. The Dallas D is overated but if Eli starts stuttering skittishly then they only have to deal with Jacobs and they are better at closing down the running game than covering the pass. The Giants strength on the Defense is the pass rush, and they struggle more in the secondary, which is where Romo will be lethal if his thumb isnt improperly placed and chicken-of-the-sea isnt in the arena.

The Pats should cope with the Jaguars, but they are susceptible in the main to strong running games and Taylor/Jones Drew can run up some yards. That said I just dont see the Jags closing down the air attack. So your prediction looks like it will be pretty close.

And the Colts get the easy one - cos as bad as the Chargers were they werent as bad as the Titans, who should never have made the playoffs. Guess Indy didnt want to get the Steelers or Jacksonville, as the Browns would easily have beaten the bolts. Letting the Titans win in week 17 not only made the division look stronger but it also ensured that the classy Chargers get suckered into believing that they are any good, and that the harder team went to play the first seed .

I am still not persuaded that the Colts are playing at a higher level though. Tampa Bay was the only division winner they beat, and the only teams with a winning record that they faced were from their own division. I think that Dallas or GB could beat them, but hopefully we will never find out (at least for this season). Again you look pretty good for the score in the RCA dome - it might even be more of a blow out, as the Chargers implode.

Good post. And I don't really disagree.....I put up a poll a couple weeks back on which of the top 4 would fall, and at that point I was leaning toward none of them. It just seems that there's ALWAYS an upset--if you wanted to be real simpleminded about it, I'd say that if Seattle knocks off GB on Saturday, then Dallas will probably win on Sunday! Which is obviously silly stuff.

More seriously, I agree that Seattle can hang close, and at that point you never know--there's a lot of people expecting Favre to revert to his old ways at some point, maybe sooner rather than later.

On the Colts, your point is fair--they might really just be playing to the level they should play at. It's just that at this point I see the Pats & Colts on another level than the rest of the league......as you say, here's to never finding out how Indy would fare against the Packers or Cowboys.

I don't know about the blowouts but I do agree that the Giants are

the team most likely to pull an upset.
Me, too. They were the only team to play well this weekend

I think the likely heads to roll are both on the NFC side...

GB will lose to the Seahawks (despite Lambeau field advantage and history, Packers fans, Favre comeback, etc. etc..) and Dallas will lose to the Giants...

Seahawks will beat the Giants in the NFC championship game and get ready to play NE in the SB .... That's my prediction for now.

As for the SB, I predict a close game with NE winning by 10 points (that's pretty close with our high scoring offense)..

Can't see it.

The Chargers have already beat the Colts, but that was when they were suffering from a post Patriots hangover; incredibly banged up and at home. They will not do it again. The best we can hope for is the Colts get "tuckered" out in a hard fought game.

Obviously, I can't imagine Jacksonville beating the Pats. They are not as bad or as weak as some on this board imagine; nor are they as good as the media hype machine would like us to believe.

Seattle's pass rush was impressive. If anyone they could upset the applecart - but to do so Favre would have to revert to the Favre of 06 not 07.

The Giants are not going to beat the Cowboys. I doubt this game will even be close. So the Cowboys have had some unimpressive games, but they were unimportant games.

All four 1 and 2 seeds advance.

Seattle was my preseason pick and I'm sticking with them. I really like them though and don't want to play them in the Super Bowl.

Loves how Hasslebeck already came out with the "we want the ball and we're going to score" quote. Can't help myself, really like the guy.

GOD!!!.....what i'd do to be in Romo's shoes

GOD!!!.....what i'd do to be in Romo's shoes

To be a quarterback who's never won a playoff game?

Or to have your girlfriend be a bubbleheaded divorced chick with a creepy Dad hanging around?

Either way, I'll pass.

Now, if you'd like to be in Brady's shoes, you might be on to something.

Seattle was my preseason pick and I'm sticking with them. I really like them though and don't want to play them in the Super Bowl.

Loves how Hasslebeck already came out with the "we want the ball and we're going to score" quote. Can't help myself, really like the guy.

I think Hasselbeck is going to play well this weekend. What concerns me about Seattle is Alexander--he just seems like another back now, and while you can win that way, a lot of times teams go to that well expecting more than they're gonna get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3