PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is this it for Mac?

At this point i would like to see Cunningham on the field

At this point why not ?
Because he never practice as a QB. It’s basically the same as wanting Julian Edelman to play QB.

Because he never practice as a QB. It’s basically the same as wanting Julian Edelman to play QB.
Still...at THIS point at least play him...
We exactly know what we have (do not have...) in Mac and Zappe...

It wasn’t the last eight games. Both Tennessee and Jacksonville were in the last eight games where he had over 120 passer ratings. It was six games at the end of the season, with one being a game where he threw three passes and another was the Jacksonville game where he was great. So you are talking four games where he was inconsistent.

And let’s look at those games. Yes, Mac threw a pick six in Miami, but he was good the rest of the game. In both Buffalo games, the defense fell apart and allowed the Bills to score on every drive in both games asking Mac to carry the team himself and being forced to score on every drive which he was not up to the task.

yes he threw only 3 passes in Buffalo because the coaching staff recognized that if they made him throw the ball with that wind it would have gone backward.

You are probably the 2nd one behind @sb1 ;) to dismiss what Zappe did last year because he faced bad defenses. Jacksonville had 25 players on the COVID list.

I’ll make it simple for you. Take the 2023 Patriots and remove 25 players and you get the level of opposition Mac Jones faced in that Jaguars game.

It wasn’t the last eight games. Both Tennessee and Jacksonville were in the last eight games where he had over 120 passer ratings. It was six games at the end of the season, with one being a game where he threw three passes and another was the Jacksonville game where he was great. So you are talking four games where he was inconsistent.

And let’s look at those games. Yes, Mac threw a pick six in Miami, but he was good the rest of the game. In both Buffalo games, the defense fell apart and allowed the Bills to score on every drive in both games asking Mac to carry the team himself and being forced to score on every drive which he was not up to the task.

Cool, he was good against the literal worst team in the sport and a team that had probably the longest and most significant injury report I can remember in all my years watching the NFL coming into that game. 10 TDs, 0 INTs against the two worst teams in football in the Jaguars and the Jets and the injury ravaged Titans and Browns, 12 TDs, 13 INTs against everyone else. That's how much those 4 games skew the stats.

Agree completely. If you at his last 8 or so games with Josh and every game after that he's been inconsistent, erratic and plain old bad.

Mac can't improve and when he tried he regressed.

He might have a chance as a 3rd QB. That's it.

I think he’s shown enough at least to get a shot somewhere as a backup. Might even make a career as another Brian Hoyer. Not here though.

Still...at THIS point at least play him...
We exactly know what we have (do not have...) in Mac and Zappe...
For what ?? The guy is not a QB. Hasn’t practice at QB all year.

By the same account maybe we should play Mac at WR.

Why? Because I think if Belichick goes back to Mac which I am not advocating, the only way I think they can get any production out of him is if they give him time to get his head on straight. My post was clearly not a pro-Mac post.
Production?

The Pats have the 32nd ranked offense in the NFL.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
Cool, he was good against the literal worst team in the sport and a team that had probably the longest and most significant injury report I can remember in all my years watching the NFL coming into that game. 10 TDs, 0 INTs against the two worst teams in football in the Jaguars and the Jets and the injury ravaged Titans and Browns, 12 TDs, 13 INTs against everyone else. That's how much those 4 games skew the stats.
Everyone ignores the truth.

Nobody will step up and explain why Jones only threw 3 passes in Buffalo 2021.

yes he threw only 3 passes in Buffalo because the coaching staff recognized that if they made him throw the ball with that wind it would have gone backward.

You are probably the 2nd one behind @sb1 ;) to dismiss what Zappe did last year because he faced bad defenses. Jacksonville had 25 players on the COVID list.
Appreciate the shout out ;)

They were bad defenses but I also saw nothing special from this guy in those 2 games. At all. I’d even say the offense wasn’t really any better than it was with Mac up to then. Lions coughed up the ball on downs 6 times and Zappe only got 1 TD out of those opportunities. So is that really an improved offense? Just imagine what Brady would have done with that…

QBW likes his trade value.
Week 5 is coming up. Zappe is taking over the NFL in week 5. Just watch you’ll see. It’s inevitable.

Everyone ignores the truth.

Nobody will step up and explain why Jones only threw 3 passes in Buffalo 2021.
He was saving them for week 5 when Zappe takes over the NFL

Probably half and half ... except for tanking neither one is much better than the other.
Mac has more talent but his head remains the problem ... Zappe has the head not the talent.
I honestly don’t know if Mac has more talent. He had a stacked wide receiver room at bama , zappe led the college ranks his senior year in yards and tds I believe. Mac exudes zero leadership up on the podium, can’t imagine in the locker room.

Week 5 is coming up. Zappe is taking over the NFL in week 5. Just watch you’ll see. It’s inevitable.
How was your rendezvous with Mac?

Did you wear the new shoes I bought you?

I’ll make it simple for you. Take the 2023 Patriots and remove 25 players and you get the level of opposition Mac Jones faced in that Jaguars game.

Do you see me talking up what Mac did in Jacksonville as a great accomplishment? He played well though. It goes against the false narrative that Mac was inconsistent the last eight games.

Yep. Past time for Bill to call it a career.
71NFEMfprDL._AC_SX425_.jpg

Remember when we had the best QB in the league? good times.
Fir over 20 years, while 30 teams pretty much did what we are doing now lol.. worrying about where we picking in the draft. In those 20 years, how many great hall of fame qbs were picked versus draft busts. I’m afraid we gonna be in this position for a few years. It’ll definitely get rid of the fair weather fans …

Yes thanks.

Mac is probably better if he wasn’t broken and hasn’t regressed this badly. I agree with the fact they should never and shouldn’t keep starting and pulling him over and over. It’s just adding unnecessary pressure and confusion. Just start the guy or pull the guy. This isn’t working.
Wonder if the decision is coming from Kraft?

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back