Welcome to PatsFans.com

Is this a good trade for me or for the other guy?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by Terry Glenn is a cowgirl, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Terry Glenn is a cowgirl

Terry Glenn is a cowgirl Banned

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I get:

Manning, Peyton
    Pittsburgh(DEF-Pit)

He gets:

Johnson, Andre
    Johnson, Larry

I need a good qb, as I have Carson Palmer and Kyle Orton.

I know that Andre Johnson is of the better wr's...

Is this good for me or good for him?
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
  2. 3RPatsfan79

3RPatsfan79 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

JMO but if it was me I would get Manning especially if you have depth at RB and WR. Palmer is hurt and hasn't played well even when he wasn't, and will soon be facing Pitt, Jacksonville, and philly with a bye mixed in. And Orton has a bye in week 8 so you may not have a healthy qb that week. Manning is past his bye and has performed better in the last couple weeks.

After that maybe you can unload Palmer or Orton for a RB or WR if you need. Just a thought.
  3. jmt57

jmt57 Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +166 / 0 / -0

It all depends on how much of a drop off you have at WR and RB by losing Johnson & Johnson. In other words, is the delta (expected points per game) between Manning and Orton more or less than the combined delta between Andre Johnson and your new WR plus the delta Larry Johnson and your new starting RB? Without knowing who J&J's replacements will be (I'm assuming they start for your team), it's impossible to say, but my guess is that your team's total points will go down - making this a bad trade. As 3R said, it all depends on your depth at RB & WR.