PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is there ANY way David Patten makes this team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol - Patten gonna also come off of major holidays and be an ace special-teamer?
No not at all but I think we have a bunch of rookies that will be deployed on special teams leaving a situation where Aikens st ability is not important and he loses out purely as a WR.

Let me be clear. I did not say it is LIKELY that Patten will beat out Holt, only that it is possible. I thought that is what this thread is about, to the degree that it was serious at all.

If Holt shows that he just doen't have very much left in the tank (which I do not EXPECT to happen), then Patten has the possbility of a place on the roster.

I can't. Holt is just that much better a receiver than Patten. I just don't see it happening..

Last edited:
I can see Patten making the team. Weirder things have happened. Never say never. Karma loves it when people say "never" or "no way". She simply loves that sort of thing. :rocker:

As traning camp opens, I was wondering af people thought there was ANY way David Patten makes this team?

:)

(This thread goes out to the old school)

Injuries. Then again, you never know.

Belichick may call a go pattern for David ... a go right to the thread about nothing.

Let me be clear. I did not say it is LIKELY that Patten will beat out Holt, only that it is possible. I thought that is what this thread is about, to the degree that it was serious at all.

If Holt shows that he just doen't have very much left in the tank (which I do not EXPECT to happen), then Patten has the possbility of a place on the roster.

MG - Unlike other people, I took you at what you wrote. I didn't think you implied anything else.

No not at all but I think we have a bunch of rookies that will be deployed on special teams leaving a situation where Aikens st ability is not important and he loses out purely as a WR.

I have to agree. Given our record with #3's lately, and no way of knowing if Tate or Price can step in immediately, or how long it will take Holt to catch on, Patten may get the nod over Slater.

NOPE! lol 10

Do you think he planned to retire when he signed.

I think this must have been in the back of his mind all along, to retire with the team that he had his greatest success. Good luck David.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft