Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

POLL: Who Do you Think will be the Better NFL QB? (And Who Would You Want?)

• Caleb Williams

• Drake Maye

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yeah, Daniels, Nix, Penix, McCarthy and Ewers are all in play from my desk.
Ewers could be that 3-5th rounder that turns out to be a serviceable to good starter.

I know this is not a popular opinion, but I would like to see Zappe as the starter next year. Zappe has shown decent escapability when the pocket breaks. Draft Alt in the 1st round and a WR in the 2nd. Zappe has been able to win games and is cheap at this point. I Like Jayden Daniels but I see alot of RG3 and do not think that he would thrive on this team.

If Zappe proves he is not the guy then draft a QB in 2025, there are some decent ones. Mind you this is being said without seeing the Bills game, but he has Improved his decision making every game he has started.

I know this is not a popular opinion, but I would like to see Zappe as the starter next year. Zappe has shown decent escapability when the pocket breaks. Draft Alt in the 1st round and a WR in the 2nd. Zappe has been able to win games and is cheap at this point. I Like Jayden Daniels but I see alot of RG3 and do not think that he would thrive on this team.

If Zappe proves he is not the guy then draft a QB in 2025, there are some decent ones. Mind you this is being said without seeing the Bills game, but he has Improved his decision making every game he has started.
I can see this scenario playing out. I’m not opposed to it. Get one of the top 2 OTs in the first round and then load up on offensive skill players after that.

Ewers could be that 3-5th rounder that turns out to be a serviceable to good starter.
7 out of 221 taken 2nd round or later turned into good starters over the last 25 years.

Chances are minimal.

You gotta swing for the fences to grab one of the top 3 guys. This chance hardly ever comes around for the Patriots.

Jim Plunkett & Drew Bledsoe are the only 2 QBs this team has ever taken that high.

7 out of 221 taken 2nd round or later turned into good starters over the last 25 years.

Chances are minimal.

You gotta swing for the fences to grab one of the top 3 guys. This chance hardly ever comes around for the Patriots.

Jim Plunkett & Drew Bledsoe are the only 2 QBs this team has ever taken that high.
No argument here. I was simply stating an observation. I am all in on a QB high. I am just perplexed on which one. Not a huge Caleb fan based on his height. Yep I'm a height-ist. Was big on Maye then watched his three game **** show. So now I have doubts. I feel like Nix is fifty graduating with a big and tall pen given to him from Rodney Dangerfield.

My point is I am undecided. In 1993 I was a Freshman in High School and I was all in on Bledsoe and thought Myers would be the bust. I was right. Every year after that for a decade I was a ****ing football God in Madden!I have no clue who we should go with. Just hope whoever is in charge makes the right decision.

Two FYIs I was a Bledsoe guy all through 2001, I mean if you give Drew a 1300 yard back he wins you a SB every year. And this Brady kid (who I really liked in college) can't complete an NFL pass beyond 15 yards, but he is a winner, but he's no Bledsoe.

And...I was all in on Mac! Wanted to trade up for him!

So what the **** do I know?

No argument here. I was simply stating an observation. I am all in on a QB high. I am just perplexed on which one. Not a huge Caleb fan based on his height. Yep I'm a height-ist. Was big on Maye then watched his three game **** show. So now I have doubts. I feel like Nix is fifty graduating with a big and tall pen given to him from Rodney Dangerfield.

My point is I am undecided. In 1993 I was a Freshman in High School and I was all in on Bledsoe and thought Myers would be the bust. I was right. Every year after that for a decade I was a ****ing football God in Madden!I have no clue who we should go with. Just hope whoever is in charge makes the right decision.

Two FYIs I was a Bledsoe guy all through 2001, I mean if you give Drew a 1300 yard back he wins you a SB every year. And this Brady kid (who I really liked in college) can't complete an NFL pass beyond 15 yards, but he is a winner, but he's no Bledsoe.

Happy you ain't making our pick have a good night . :rofl:

I have missed on more than my fair share, I thought Sam Bradford was going to be unbelievably good. He was one of the best college QBs I'd ever seen.

That being said, I loved Dan Marino, Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers, and could not believe they went so low. Their talent popped through the TV screen. I couldn't believe they were so unwanted. That's not a pat on my back more than it is a level of disbelief at people finding holes in the games of great players.

I have certainly missed on quite a few as well. If you look at the Mac Jones draft, I loved Justin Fields and believed he would be the best of all. I am generally shocked that Stroud is better than Fields because watching them play at Ohio State, it was clear that Fields was the more talented of the two. On this site, I blasted both Trey Lance and Zach Wilson as horrible picks before the draft even. It was clear they were combine/ workout warriors, because their tape was pretty sad.

I have missed on more than my fair share, I thought Sam Bradford was going to be unbelievably good. He was one of the best college QBs I'd ever seen.

That being said, I loved Dan Marino, Brett Favre and Aaron Rodgers, and could not believe they went so low. Their talent popped through the TV screen. I couldn't believe they were so unwanted. That's not a pat on my back more than it is a level of disbelief at people finding holes in the games of great players.

I have certainly missed on quite a few as well. If you look at the Mac Jones draft, I loved Justin Fields and believed he would be the best of all. I am generally shocked that Stroud is better than Fields because watching them play at Ohio State, it was clear that Fields was the more talented of the two. On this site, I blasted both Trey Lance and Zach Wilson as horrible picks before the draft even. It was clear they were combine/ workout warriors, because their tape was pretty sad.

Last edited:
Dinosaur thinking. You don't use a pass rusher to set the edge. You use them to rush the passer on passing downs. That's why sub packages exist in the NFL. In fact a lot of teams specialize in using sub packages for specific situations now.

Again you're trying to fish up excuses for BB and I'm not buying it.

The Patriots past 10 years of drafting duds under BB has caught up to us. We're 4-11 and all the spin doctoring in the world doesn't fix this situation. BB isn't qualified to shop for groceries anymore.
So the Uche pick was amazing then, right? Didn't he have 11.5 sacks last year?

Or will you go out of your way to make sure that no, it sucked, since BB did it.

You just had to ignite that BB fight again..

Again with the dinosaur thinking. Patriots use sub packages a higher percentage of the time than their base defense.

Let's look at the snap count for the Patriots win over the Bills this year.

Barmore only played on 63% of snaps.

View attachment 55480

Does that make him a waste of a 1st round pick?

Not when you consider IMPACT on the game. He was a perfectly viable use of a 1st round pick.

Now imagine if we had BOTH Barmore and Karliftis on this defense? Our defense would be giving QBs nightmares.

He would certainly have been useful with Judon missing the rest of the season!

Wake up and smell the coffee. NFL teams use sub packages ALL the time for the right situation. It's called specialization.

I'm not even making the argument that Karlifitis is the ONLY guy we could have drafted that would be BETTER for the Patriots now than Strange. I'm sure there were more. He's just the most obvious example of BB blundering in the draft yet again because he was taken only 1 choice AFTER Strange.

Bottom line you can never have too many pass rushers and they impact the game more than a mediocre guard even if they don't get as many snaps per game.

If Cole Strange played like Logan Mankins, nobody would be complaining right now but he's NOT. In the end he's very mediocre and represents yet another wasted opportunity in the 1st round.
Barmore wasn’t a waste of a first rd pick. He was an excellent second rd. pick though.

I’m still in the give Zappe a chance camp. I don’t quite know if he’s the guy yet. If I’m being honest, I’m not even sure if we’ll know that over the next two games. But depending on how he performs, it definitely changes the outlook. If he can show improvement over the next 2 games and move beyond being hot one qtr and cold the next, then I’d be fine if the team just traded down and loaded up. This team needs to swing for a kick ass class. My eyes are on Maye or Daniels but if Zappe can be 80% of what you hope those guys can be and you can trade out and load the team with more talent, why wouldnt you do it? Get your qb prospect later in the draft and load up with a few tackles, TE, some WR’s. Hell, maybe get a little nuts and go after a dynamic receiving back?

I don’t want Williams. Watching his backup break a record tossing TDs in their bowl game solidifies my opinion on that. It’s the system more than the player at USC.

JJ McCarthy, Daniel’s or Ewers if he declares.

I think he’s crying cause his defense sucks and he wanted to win back to back Heismans.
Being a me first player is my biggest issue with Williams' mental make up. He also seems to be a bit of a front runner who does not do well with adversity. After the Mac attack I can't see the Pats locker room embracing those tendencies.

We might be out of the running for Williams/Maye now but a new QB is rising up the draft ranks - meet Jayden Daniels.

The Kid threw for 3,800 yards and 40 TDs in the air and rushed for 1,100 yards on the ground with 10 rushing TDs.

He's an electric playmaker and could be just what the Patriots need at #4.

One AFC executive said to me, 'Jayden's actually pulling away from Maye in my eyes. He's got rare deep accuracy. He's an explosive runner who's a pocket passer. I look at him like Deshaun Watson that way.' An NFC executive said to me, 'The gap's not very big anymore, but Jayden has to go to a team that will build around his skill set like the Colts did with Anthony Richardson. He's gonna go early.' I asked if that means top 10. He said yes. And then another AFC exec, a third guy, said there's not much difference between the two as prospects, even though they are different as players."

Article: MSN

gives me Tyrod Taylor vibes

I don’t want Williams. Watching his backup break a record tossing TDs in their bowl game solidifies my opinion on that. It’s the system more than the player at USC.
Based on a bowl game.

Bowl season is funny season. Kids go on break for a week and it's all fun and games. Don't take take these things too seriously.

I wonder if Williams bothers with The Combine?

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back