Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

POLL: Who Do you Think will be the Better NFL QB? (And Who Would You Want?)

• Caleb Williams

• Drake Maye

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Just out of curiousity, which way are people leaning between these two?

I will note that Caleb Williams is 6'0", which is a concern, while Maye is 6'4". Obviously, Williams is extremely athletic, but watching some film for the first time last night, Maye seems better within the pocket, albeit he doesn't have the same arm, nor is he as strong as Williams.

Without getting too far into the weeds in terms of any evaluation (and for the sake of not clouding anyone's opinions), just wondering how people are feeling to this point...

Last edited:
Ian, I think Daniels should be in the conversation. That said I'm warming up to Maye love his ball placement size and cannon arm. Caleb does have some Mahomes in him in extending plays he also have many release points the play is never over with Williams.

Maye seems like a much more stable individual from what I’ve read. I think he’s a safer bet. I think I may even feel safer rolling the dice on Daniel’s than Williams.

Also, RLKAG.

Ian, can we do some of these comparisons for WR's too it's not like we have anything better to do. :rofl:

Last edited:
  • Ha Ha
Reactions: Ian
Neither will be available. I think they should take Daniels.
I hear you, and it definitely depends on where New England finishes. Also realized I probably should have asked "Who do you think will be the better NFL QB?"

EDIT: Just edited it

To me Caleb though smaller is definitely the better player right now. Williams is the Best thrower on the run and he throws darts.

Daniels is a good player. Watched some of him last night and he's also a tall guy, which I didn't realize just by watching game footage.
One thing to note J Daniels and Penix Jr are throwing to NFL caliber WR's. We have to wonder if those boys are making them look better than they really are just something to ponder.

One thing to note J Daniels and Penix Jr are throwing to NFL caliber WR's. We have to wonder if those boys are making them look better than they really are just something to ponder.
I think this is definitely the case for Penix.

It’s tough looking at highlight reels of these guys because first of all, by their nature it’s their best plays, and even Zack Wilson won AFC offensive player of the week once this year. And secondly, a lot of the conditions aren’t translatable to the NFL — wide open receivers, completely clean pockets, first reads always open. Sometimes I like looking at lowlights reels, actually, because it tells me what happens when things hit the fan.

Haven’t done enough of that with these guys yet. I did see some plays made by Maye in one highlight reel which were NFL conditions so that was nice to see, but I need to do some more watching.

It’s tough looking at highlight reels of these guys because first of all, by their nature it’s their best plays, and even Zack Wilson won AFC offensive player of the week once this year. And secondly, a lot of the conditions aren’t translatable to the NFL — wide open receivers, completely clean pockets, first reads always open. Sometimes I like looking at lowlights reels, actually, because it tells me what happens when things hit the fan.

Haven’t done enough of that with these guys yet. I did see some plays made by Maye in one highlight reel which were NFL conditions so that was nice to see, but I need to do some more watching.
I completely agree. I usually try and watch a couple of full games to get a better sense in various situations, third down, etc. The above was just for people who might not have seen anything from these guys.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back