PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm rooting for the Fish to win this week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right. 4 INTs inconsequential. My bad.

He didn't say the 4 Ints were inconsequential, but that Drew wasn't the only reason they lost that game. The defense & special teams were burned time and time again in that game. It would be very unfair to blame Drew when he actually made a fair amount of plays for the Pats.

"Laughing at Pats haters makes me tingly in my lady parts!"

I hate the frickin Patriots they suck and stink.

Hope I helped.

We likely would have lost by a bit less than 39 points. The 1985-1986 Bears are arguably the best team ever (for a single season). Our team wasn't close to them.

I always think "what if?" about Dawson getting injured.

We likely would have lost by a bit less than 39 points. The 1985-1986 Bears are arguably the best team ever (for a single season). Our team wasn't close to them.

Dawson gave the Patriots the ability to spread out that Chicago defense at every skill position, just as the Dolphins did. Without him, that possibility was gone. I'm not stating a certainty of victory with Dawson, by any stretch, I just think it would have made a difference.

Last edited:
"All we'd heard was ‘the jinx ... the jinx ... the jinx ...,' how we were oh-and-whatever and couldn't win in Miami," said Jones. "After the L.A. game, a few Raiders players, including Michael Haynes and Lester Hayes, said something to the effect of, ‘We just handed Miami a trip to the Super Bowl.'We went down there fed up with it all."

The Miami clash was the greatest moment in Patriots history to that point in time. An 18-game losing streak was laid to rest and an AFC championship won by a relentless ground attack with fresh-legged backs running behind a line led by Hall of Fame left guard John Hannah. The Patriots produced 255 yards, including 105 from James, 81 from Weathers and another 61 from Tony Collins. The defense was dominant as the Patriots forced six more turnovers, recovering four Miami fumbles and intercepting two Dan Marino passes.

The final score? Patriots 31, Dolphins 14.

What a moment in Pats history!

The first team to get in as a WC, then go on to win 3 on the road en route to Super Bowl XX.

Everyone in the world it seemed was on the Bears bandwagon, etc. Still remember going up 3-0, and thinking they actually might have a chance. Only to get outscored 46-7:(

Still was an incredible run, it took 20 more yrs IIRC, for Pittsburgh to equal the 3 on the road on the way to the SB. Brings back childhood memories;)

You sir, are correct. As a matter of fact, the game stats reflect the score was not even that close.

F*ck the douchefins (may have to trademark that).......I hate this team and its obnoxious fans almost as much as I hate The jests and their pile of dogsh*t fans.....I pray that they and the big, fat, overrated tuna get their a##es kicked every week and every year.....F' the doofins......oh and F that overrated "mercury" crackhead Morris.....he wouldn't even make the arena league in today's NFL

Well at least let them have a season sweep against the Jets. That would be sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST