PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm going to Houston (still have to buy my ticket)! Who else is going?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, stubhub/seatgeek are awful with that crap. Stubhub charges a 21% "service fee" so although their ticket prices appear to be cheaper, they're actually much more expensive.
This times 100.

I have been monitoring prices with the idea that I will go if the price get low enough. I went to purchase a pair for $2,300 a piece thinking that's $4,600 for both plus maybe $100 in service fees.

The final checkout total was $5,675 - that a thousand in service fees.

Funny thing is they ALSO take 15% of the $4,600 ticket price from the seller. I passed on the tickets but if I had bought them, they would have taken $1,765. Unreal.

My Brother is going. Tip. The longer you wait the more prices will go down cause people who bought them in hopes of selling them will get more desperate.

My wife and I, two Patriot fans from Quincy in our late 30's, have rented a 3bdr luxury townhouse on the water in Seabrook Texas (35min from Houston stadium). We are looking to share the house and rent out the other two bedrooms (both king rooms with private baths) to other fans who are traveling to Houston. Each room is available from Thursday (2/2) through Tuesday (2/7) for $150/night. If needed, we can also help with car transportation. Lastly, we're members of the Freedom Boat club and can access high-end boats at the Marina across from the house - if guests are interested and the rain stays away. Email or direct message me if anyone's interested!
[email protected]

Welp, after going out to Phoenix in 2014 and missing out due to skyrocketing ticket prices, I just pulled the trigger for this year's super bowl. Once in a lifetime opportunity and potentially being able to see Brady accept his 5th Lombardi from ****dell in person would be priceless.

Can't wait!

This times 100.

I have been monitoring prices with the idea that I will go if the price get low enough. I went to purchase a pair for $2,300 a piece thinking that's $4,600 for both plus maybe $100 in service fees.

The final checkout total was $5,675 - that a thousand in service fees.

Funny thing is they ALSO take 15% of the $4,600 ticket price from the seller. I passed on the tickets but if I had bought them, they would have taken $1,765. Unreal.
So ridiculous. I went to ticketliquidator and it says under the ticket "no service fees" and I confirm purchase and as soon as I type in my credit card info, boom hits me with a 1200 service fee and 500 tax fee. 1700 more than I knew prior to confirming purchase. Oh well.

Secured my ticket today! Fly to Dallas Sat AM...driving to Katy Tx to check into hotel..then to pick up tickets near the stadium and hang around that night....flying home Monday at 4 out of Dallas back home to Boston. My first and probably last SB...After Sunday I can officially die happy no matter the outcome (would be better if they won though!) So I am headed alone as well

Flight was 275 round trip...hotel 600ish for 2 nights..car for 82

When Pats won AFC..tix were around 3300..now at 2K and seen them at less...dropped a lot in 1 week.

Last edited:
Even the nosebleeds in that stadium are good seats. One of the best stadiums I've ever been to.

I saw seats on StubHUb that said obstructed? I am 616 sidelines very corner and a pillar is right to the left..can still see..but it's close.

And do i need to buy a parking pass before hand or no?

Me and @fgssand are going. This is his sixth and my fifth. Currently he is 3-2 and I'm 3-1.

We are taking my best friend with us too. This will be his first. He's watched us do this since he was 14 in 96.
Twice before he was going to cash in and go with us. First in 06 and he was one half away. Then 2 years ago we got screwed out of our tix.
Fly into Dallas Friday. Staying 40 minutes outside the city.
Fact my father is better than yours.

I saw seats on StubHUb that said obstructed? I am 616 sidelines very corner and a pillar is right to the left..can still see..but it's close.

And do i need to buy a parking pass before hand or no?
I'd stay away from anything that says "obstructed." And yes, a parking pass always is good to have for the Super Bowl. For security reasons they usually close things off several blocks around the stadium so access isn't easy.

Me and @fgssand are going. This is his sixth and my fifth. Currently he is 3-2 and I'm 3-1.

We are taking my best friend with us too. This will be his first. He's watched us do this since he was 14 in 96.
Twice before he was going to cash in and go with us. First in 06 and he was one half away. Then 2 years ago we got screwed out of our tix.
Fly into Dallas Friday. Staying 40 minutes outside the city.
Fact my father is better than yours.

Screwed out of tix? Scalper?

I'd stay away from anything that says "obstructed." And yes, a parking pass always is good to have for the Super Bowl. For security reasons they usually close things off several blocks around the stadium so access isn't easy.

I just don't get how newer stadiums...have obstructed views...yeah at the old Graden you could be sitting directly behind a steel beam but todays stadiums..a joke

The only way I could make this happen is flying in Sunday morning. Getting into Dallas at 9:45am, renting a car for the 3 hour drive to Houston and hoping to get in around 1. Really hoping and praying no flight delays

The only way I could make this happen is flying in Sunday morning. Getting into Dallas at 9:45am, renting a car for the 3 hour drive to Houston and hoping to get in around 1. Really hoping and praying no flight delays

That's an ambitious plan to get to NRG by 1 if you're landing @ DFW W 945 and renting a car. It's a good drive down I-45.

That's an ambitious plan to get to NRG by 1 if you're landing @ DFW W 945 and renting a car. It's a good drive down I-45.
Yeah, meant to say 2. It's about a 4 hour drive apparently. As long as the flight isn't delayed by more than 3.5 hours, I'll get there by game time which is all I care about.

Worse comes to worst, I book a more expensive flight directly to Houston if my flight were to be delayed/cancelled. I wanted to do my best to avoid that considering prices to Houston that day are $950 while flights to Dallas were $250.

So ridiculous. I went to ticketliquidator and it says under the ticket "no service fees" and I confirm purchase and as soon as I type in my credit card info, boom hits me with a 1200 service fee and 500 tax fee. 1700 more than I knew prior to confirming purchase. Oh well.

Take a screenshot where it says no fees and call your credit card company.

Fly to Austin, it's closer

Fly to Austin, it's closer
Prices to Austin were in the neighborhood of $850 as well unfortunately. Barring no major delays, the Dallas decision will be fine. Hoping and praying it all works out. I'm going to call the ticket company to understand my options for last minute selling should my flight be cancelled.

Prices to Austin were in the neighborhood of $850 as well unfortunately. Barring no major delays, the Dallas decision will be fine. Hoping and praying it all works out. I'm going to call the ticket company to understand my options for last minute selling should my flight be cancelled.

I am seeing a spike for prices into Dallas now too. Where did you see $250?

I am seeing a spike for prices into Dallas now too. Where did you see $250?
I booked 4 tickets yesterday for $256 each. When I booked there were still about 15 seats available on my flight out of Dulles

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes