PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm going to Houston (still have to buy my ticket)! Who else is going?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tickets are definitely dropping, and may drop under $1000. Fans could pay as low as $1,000 for Super Bowl LI tickets
They've been steadily dropping since the championship games. I would forewarn some that are thinking of going that there are probably hundreds of fans waiting for this "drop" and will have ceilings where they will pull the trigger. I wanted to wait for it to drop to around $2K and pulled the trigger. Others might be 1,800 or 1,500 and if they start getting scooped up the remaining tickets will go back up due to supply/demand.

You also have to consider how much airline tickets/hotels will go up as you wait longer. Best of luck to anybody else thinking of going.

Yeah, meant to say 2. It's about a 4 hour drive apparently. As long as the flight isn't delayed by more than 3.5 hours, I'll get there by game time which is all I care about.

Worse comes to worst, I book a more expensive flight directly to Houston if my flight were to be delayed/cancelled. I wanted to do my best to avoid that considering prices to Houston that day are $950 while flights to Dallas were $250.

I ended up booking to Austin early Sunday AM (arrive 1230 or so AM). I'll actually try to get in earlier if possible. Drive to Fort Bend county and hope to be asleep by 3AM.

Yeah, I found tickets from White Plains for $256. No one wants to go with me, so I guess it's staying on the bucket list for now.

i unfortunately wont be going this year since i have a one month old at home and i recruited the wife to become a pats fan away from her ****ty west coast team...so we will celebrate at home (along with my die hard 2 year old and 4 year old)

for any regulars that have last minute flight issues, PM i may be able to help

GO PATS

Screwed out of tix? Scalper?
We got our money back plus travel expenses plus some comps but the guy bought on spec and couldn't afford the actual price he quoted us so we got screwed. My gallbladder couldn't handle the screw job and I wound up watching from the hospital.

Guys, if you are planning to buy lower bowl seats, be aware that any row with double letters like AA, BB, CC, etc., are obsructed view seats. Rows are in order from A to Z, which are non-obstructed, then after that AA to JJ, which are obstructed.

Last edited:
We got our money back plus travel expenses plus some comps but the guy bought on spec and couldn't afford the actual price he quoted us so we got screwed. My gallbladder couldn't handle the screw job and I wound up watching from the hospital.

WHat's spec?

I got mine today, $4500 for the pair. Probably could have waited and they would be cheaper but I'm not driving over until Sunday morning and I don't want to get stuck having to pick them up at one of the will calls if I get there late.

I'm thinking of heading to Houston with my son for the game and was wondering if anyone had any advice on the best way to do it. There seems to be plenty of seats right now and they've been dropping in price. One section that I looked at went down 1K per seat from this morning to tonight. Does anyone know if that will continue?

I'm also thinking that maybe it's worth it to book the flight (to Dallas probably) and the hotel room as close as we can and see if the prices drop more. Any advice would be welcomed.

Me and @fgssand are going. This is his sixth and my fifth. Currently he is 3-2 and I'm 3-1.

We are taking my best friend with us too. This will be his first. He's watched us do this since he was 14 in 96.
Twice before he was going to cash in and go with us. First in 06 and he was one half away. Then 2 years ago we got screwed out of our tix.
Fly into Dallas Friday. Staying 40 minutes outside the city.
Fact my father is better than yours.

SBB is correct.....

They buy tix on a speculation price and they were so far off they couldn't fill the request.

Where did you get the tickets off of? A stubhub ect should pay for new tickets I would think

The way prices are dropping..i could have saved a good amount by waiting...but **** it

Where did you get the tickets off of? A stubhub ect should pay for new tickets I would think
It was a broker. They had tickets just a completely different price range. They basically gave %150 of our money back. The market was just insane that year alot of people got screwed way worse.

It was a broker. They had tickets just a completely different price range. They basically gave %150 of our money back. The market was just insane that year alot of people got screwed way worse.

Yeah hopefully less get screwed this year with the market not close to that level.

Just bought a plane ticket to Houston.

Don't have a ticket to the game yet. Plan to buy it on Saturday or gameday. If anyone else is looking for a ticket please write me as there are more options if you buy 2 tickets instead of one.

I'm thinking of heading to Houston with my son for the game and was wondering if anyone had any advice on the best way to do it. There seems to be plenty of seats right now and they've been dropping in price. One section that I looked at went down 1K per seat from this morning to tonight. Does anyone know if that will continue?

I'm also thinking that maybe it's worth it to book the flight (to Dallas probably) and the hotel room as close as we can and see if the prices drop more. Any advice would be welcomed.

I would buy tickets ahead of time because there are likely many people waiting to buy tickets at the last moment. You might be left out. However, someone else who has bought SB tickets on gameday might have better advice.

Lowest I have found is 1900$ on Stubhub and 1700 on ticket liquidators. I have no idea where else to look. Any advice? My SB party here I was going to attend with friends got cancelled, really thinking about pulling the trigger but can't do more than 1500$ a ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes