PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I'm going to Houston (still have to buy my ticket)! Who else is going?

Status
Not open for further replies.

goalkeepr

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I bought my plane ticket, still haven't bought my game ticket. Flying in Sunday at noon, leaving Monday night.

Might be solo, not sure yet. Anyone else going to the game?

Reactions: Ian
If the tickets were under 2 grand I'd jump on it

i have a plane ticket ($715) and a hotel ($850) that is 1 mile from the stadium! But I still have to buy a ticket. waiting for prices to go down a bit.

Yeah, I'll take a ticket, thanks.

i have a plane ticket ($715) and a hotel ($850) that is 1 mile from the stadium! But I still have to buy a ticket. waiting for prices to go down a bit.
Yeah, I figure they probably peaked right after the game, so hopefully they will come down a little!

I like the way you think!

What is a realistic ticket price?

$3300 will get you into the stadium ( at this point).

Hmm.. that's not too bad. I thought it was closer to $10,000. But I still wouldn't pay $3,300. I could buy some nice things with that money.

Thought I would throw this in here. My brothers and my two boys are going down to tailgate take in the festivities. My Brother and friend of mine did the same thing two years ago in Phoenix and it was awesome.

Spirit airlines and Southwest have flights for around $330 round trip to Dallas from Boston. Dallas hotels are still normally priced, we are flying in Friday staying in Dallas Friday night. Then heading to Houston on Saturday to take in the SB festivities, will stay in Houston area Saturday night and then head back to Dallas after the SB, spend the night in Dallas and fly back Monday. But the same $330 flight is available on Saturday as well if you just want to roll into the game Sunday and roll out.

Either way just letting you know.

Two years ago we borrowed a TV & Antenna from Wal-Mart (bought and returned), some disposable coolers, food etc... and tailgated in the parking lot and watched the game it was a great time.

Anyone know any info on Tailgating in Houston for the SB? In 2014 some lots allowed it and others didn't.

Anyone know any info on Tailgating in Houston for the SB? In 2014 some lots allowed it and others didn't.
There is very little if any tailgating at Super Bowls these days. All parking access is strictly controlled and the stadiums have a surrounding "compound" full of attractions hours before kickoff -- exhibits, entertainment, shopping, food, etc. -- accessible only by ticket holders. Staying outside tailgating is the last thing you'd want to do, too many unique festivities happening inside the gates.

There is very little if any tailgating at Super Bowls these days. All parking access is strictly controlled and the stadiums have a surrounding "compound" full of attractions hours before kickoff -- exhibits, entertainment, shopping, food, etc. -- accessible only by ticket holders. Staying outside tailgating is the last thing you'd want to do, too many unique festivities happening inside the gates.

In phoenix they had a shopping plaza adjacent to the stadium area that allowed tailgaiting just can't do it in the official parking lots controlled by the NFL and I just read you can't park in them without a game ticket. But looks like there are a lot of private lots near NRG that are close to the stadium. Not sure if the NFL will scoop them up or not. But several within walking distance that are renting spots on parking panda, that will be the fall back.

Can't see myself spending 3k a pop or 9k in total to go into the game. Can't justify it to myself. However 1500 to travel have the experience with my sons, soak up the festivities outside and around the stadium etc..is worth it. And honestly I enjoy going to games, but tailgating is what makes going to the games fun for us. I think I would rather watch the SB on TV than watch it in the nosebleeds inside. I will caveat that with the statement that I have not been into a SB. I might feel differently if I had.

The one I am most kicking myself for not going to was Indy. I live in VA and Indy is an 8-9 hour drive and just before kickoff seats were down to $850 on stubhub. But my kids were younger and couldn't get my brothers to go with me.

I think I would rather watch the SB on TV than watch it in the nosebleeds inside. I will caveat that with the statement that I have not been into a SB. I might feel differently if I had.
Even the nosebleeds in that stadium are good seats. One of the best stadiums I've ever been to.

I'm going. I still need to get a ticket and waiting for it to drop a bit but it's a 5 hour drive for me and I still kick myself for not going to SB 36 here in NOLA although I was a broke 20 year old at the time.

For those that are going to Houston, any update on your plans? I went out to Phoenix in 2015 with my two sisters and prayed that tickets would drop to a reasonable price but unfortunately that year was an anomaly and the prices kept rising (cheapest on game day was 9500!). It was still a blast to be there to take it all in.

Once again I'm planning to go but am playing it by ear with the tickets. Luckily they have dropped to $2600 so i'm still waiting for them to drop a bit more. I found flights to Dallas for $220 (will rent a car to Houston from there) and some reasonably priced hotels in the Houston area. One of my buddies is thinking of flying down with me but he's not a diehard Pats fan so isn't willing to pay what I am to get in the door.

I thought maybe worst case we would go down together and i would try to tag along with a Patriots fan on game day but I wanted to see if anybody else here is going solo or small group (2) that I could potentially get tickets with. I don't want to pay that much money and go in by myself and risk being around non-Pats fans. Let me know!

For those that are going to Houston, any update on your plans? I went out to Phoenix in 2015 with my two sisters and prayed that tickets would drop to a reasonable price but unfortunately that year was an anomaly and the prices kept rising (cheapest on game day was 9500!). It was still a blast to be there to take it all in.

Once again I'm planning to go but am playing it by ear with the tickets. Luckily they have dropped to $2600 so i'm still waiting for them to drop a bit more. I found flights to Dallas for $220 (will rent a car to Houston from there) and some reasonably priced hotels in the Houston area. One of my buddies is thinking of flying down with me but he's not a diehard Pats fan so isn't willing to pay what I am to get in the door.

I thought maybe worst case we would go down together and i would try to tag along with a Patriots fan on game day but I wanted to see if anybody else here is going solo or small group (2) that I could potentially get tickets with. I don't want to pay that much money and go in by myself and risk being around non-Pats fans. Let me know!

Well I am flying in from DC and got a hotel for two nights for a total of $850 but it's within walking distance of the stadium. My flight is about $715. I too am still waiting for ticket prices to drop a bit. THe trend that I am noticing is the prices are falling. How far they will fall is anybody's guess.

Well I am flying in from DC and got a hotel for two nights for a total of $850 but it's within walking distance of the stadium. My flight is about $715. I too am still waiting for ticket prices to drop a bit. THe trend that I am noticing is the prices are falling. How far they will fall is anybody's guess.
I'm from DC as well and found some solid flights to Dallas ($220) and renting a car from Dallas to Houston is only about $80 total and 3 hour drive.

How many tickets are you looking to get?

Once again I'm planning to go but am playing it by ear with the tickets. Luckily they have dropped to $2600 so i'm still waiting for them to drop a bit more.

Yeah, noticed that too. Hope the trend continues. The only thing that if you buy a ticket on the secondary market - stubhub, seatgeek, etc., they have a comission and 2 600 turns into almost 3 000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes