PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If you get kicked out of Gillette, the penalty is a big one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: If you get kicked out of Gillette, the penalty league-wide is a big one

STH. I like tailgating but don't love it, I like to have a drink once in a while but don't love to drink. My friends and I used to taligate but now we go to Skipjacks before every game. I've missed 4 games since 1994. I love football and feel like I see the game better at the stadium. If I didn't have 3 kids, a wife and a job I'd probably attend all the road games as well. The stadium experience for me is more about the game on the field.

Team Ops is very heavy handed at all events. I have seen it at concerts/pats and revs games. I saw at a Revs game a fan get kicked out for swearing, while a few sections over someone threw a beer at a player on the field and nothing happen. All while this same security guard did jack.

People are going to get kicked out easily during Pats games this year so the Kraft's can make a few extra bucks.

Where you been Bella? Sorry about your cousin, but I LOL'd. And I have a couple just like him. Sounds like he's lucky to be alive...

On vacation! At least for the last two weeks....before that it was all about shuttling kids to and from summer camps, etc. Ready to start the season now!

From what my cousin's friends said, he was jumped on by six security guards who apparently materialized out of thin air. They don't fool around at Gillette, I guess.

You don't get tailgate food inside the stadium. You get the overpriced stadium food.

Most folks arent hungry unless they have a tapeworm because theyve been tailgating.

Evidently youre the type that has to have cotton candy, peanuts, popcorn, pretzels, funnel cakes, hotdog, hamburger, pizza... Yes, your snack bill is going to be up there.

nevermind, I'm dumb

Last edited by a moderator:

Most folks arent hungry unless they have a tapeworm because theyve been tailgating.

Evidently youre the type that has to have cotton candy, peanuts, popcorn, pretzels, funnel cakes, hotdog, hamburger, pizza... Yes, your snack bill is going to be up there.

No, I'm the type who wants access to the food if I'm hungry. At home, it's easily accessible and much cheaper.

Why are you arguing about one of the most obvious plusses of home viewing?

Last edited:
My first live game was in 1995. I haven't been the same since. Living 3 hours away from the stadium I never considered season tickets until the hartford move was announced. That would have cut my commute in half so I got on the list. Then obviously the Hartford deal never materialized but I said, what the heck? 3 years ago I finally got my season tickets and haven't regretted it for a second. The drive, the Rt1 and 495 driving after the game sucks but the reward of being there with the tailgating and live game experience far outweighs that. A Superbowl in person is my dream now.

As a season ticket holder, if I get kicked out or anybody using my tickets get kicked out, I lose those tickets.....I think that is a much bigger penalty than this stupid course.

I remember people citing that rule from a year ago and a thought just occurred to me. When I was a manager and made up a work schedule, employees would switch days. When there was an absence (made me short-handed) I could care less who had switched. The responsible person (who was reprimanded) was the one who I had on the original schedule. That rule sure made my life a lot easier.

No, I'm the type who wants access to the food if I'm hungry. At home, it's easily accessible and much cheaper.

Why are you arguing about one of the most obvious plusses of home viewing?

Tailgating is the same as eating at home. Same food, same cost.

Its not a big deal to go 4 hours without eating.

30.6% of Americans and 21.7% of Australians would disagree with you. ;)

me, I'm on the seefood diet...

Not everyone tailgates and, as I'm sure you'll admit, some people actually do get food and drink at games.

So, again, why are you arguing against something so obvious?

Last edited:

Not everyone tailgates and, as I'm sure you'll admit, some people actually do get food and drink at games.

I dont know anyone that does not tailgate or pay a few bucks to join a tailgate. Even if they dont cook at the stadium, they still bring food and drink already prepared to avoid stadium prices.

Using stadium food prices as reason to stay home is ridiculous.

I dont know anyone that does not tailgate or pay a few bucks to join a tailgate. Even if they dont cook at the stadium, they still bring food and drink already prepared to avoid stadium prices.

Your world is not everyone else's world. That's the obvious part you are missing.

I know plenty of people who do not tailgate.

Based on the acres and acres of tailgaters at every game I would say that the overwhelming number of people attending a game participate in eating and drinking outside of the stadium. That said I've been to some games where the passing of beers from the beer man to the fan is pretty regular. The concessions do a good amount of business, otherwise they'd be gone. Apparently there enough willing and able customers to keep them going. I can say though that after attending over 100 games that I might have only purchased maybe 10 beers and maybe a couple of food items but that's it.

Nah, have to side with Tune here! I love going to the game, hands down. Nothing like it. Unfortunately, my husband has passed to the dark (big screen tv) side and is harder and harder to get to games.
I like going to the games when the weather is nice. Unfortunately, my tolerance for cold is not very good. For the rest of the games, I prefer a bif leather reclining rocker and HDTV.

I know plenty of people who do not tailgate.

I don't. I may bring a beer or two to drink in the car if I get there too early but that's it. Otherwise I'm good for a couple beers in the stadium and that gross chicken tenders and fries thing.

Still love being there. Being at the game makes it feel so much more personal to me. That being said I like it on TV too and it's alot easier, but obviously that's what the road games are for.

obviously...and besides, you forgot to tell everybody...YOU get kicked INTO games...cuz you got it like that...must be all that Kung Fu training you got in Shanghai...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft