PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

If you get kicked out of Gillette, the penalty is a big one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: If you get kicked out of Gillette, the penalty league-wide is a big one

This isn't about being a jackass. People get ejected for smoking and other things that should be non-issues.

I've never seen anyone get kicked out for a minor infraction. The people I have seen booted are drunk and being abusive to those around them, and everytime there has been a warning beforehand. I have also seen opposing fans kicked out more often than Pats fans (meanining it's likely they aren't coming back anyway).

Although, I will say in the old Fox my brother-in-law got booted for peeing in the sink because the line was too long in the men's room. Would you consider that a minor infraction? :)

Don't kid yourself. I've been a season ticket holder for 19 years and have missed all of two home games. There is NOTHING like being there. You see 1,000 percent more than on television, and you can't beat tailgating or hanging at Louie's before the game.
I think that's a cliche which may have been true 30 years ago, but simply doesn't apply here and now. Don't tell me the guy in the corner end zone, row 24, is seeing more than the TV viewers at home, especially when the action is down at the other end of the field.

While waiting for your cable company to show up you get bored. When you get bored, you go on line and buy tickets to the game. When you buy tickets to the game, you tailgate. When you tailgate, you get drunk. When you get drunk, you act like an idiot. When you act like an idiot, you get thrown out of the stadium. Don't act like an idiot and get thrown out of the stadium :)

Last edited by a moderator:
We're too busy working so our menfolk can have their big screen tvs.

Your husband needs a reality check. He could be going to the games instead and free you up to bake pie -- best of both worlds. ;)

Last edited:

I've never seen anyone get kicked out for a minor infraction. The people I have seen booted are drunk and being abusive to those around them, and everytime there has been a warning beforehand. I have also seen opposing fans kicked out more often than Pats fans (meanining it's likely they aren't coming back anyway).

Although, I will say in the old Fox my brother-in-law got booted for peeing in the sink because the line was too long in the men's room. Would you consider that a minor infraction? :)

From the article:

Approximately 7,000 people were ejected from NFL stadiums last season. The number varied by team but some teams are known to be more strict in certain areas than others. The Oakland Raiders, for example, have a zero-tolerance policy for smoking. DiNunzio said the Raiders could eject up to 300 fans a game for lighting up.

So, for lighting up a cigarette, they have to take a $50 course on how to be a good fan. Screw that. I'll watch the game on my big screen tv, listen with surround sound, and eat and drink the foods I like at a cost that won't be rivaling a car payment.

I used to love attending Patriots games. I saw many games at Fenway Park and two of the most memorable against Buffalo (Cookie Gilchrist - Bills, Joe Bellino - Pats) and San Diego (Ernie Ladd, John Hadl, Lance Alworth). Yes, my father took us (12 and 13 years old), and the games were fantastic. Last time I took my son to a game was the Patriots at the Redskins. What a freaking mess! "Fans" spilling beer and vomit on those sitting in rows in front and the ensuing fights. Fortunately, my son was in his 20s at the time. Would I bring a kid to a game today? Not unless I knew it was safe environment. I applaud the teams for taking this action.

That being said, I have learned to prefer the games at home. Yes, the atmosphere you get from attending a game can't be duplicated; however, I don't sacrifice a whole day, I never miss a play, and the replays allow me to see far more detail than I could in a live environment. Also, the constant noise that sports enterprises feel is necessary from the moment you enter the stadium is not being played in my home theater. Given the commercial time outs and the superlative audio/video broadcast, football is the perfect game for television.

Now baseball is a different story, and with a prostitute to help get you on the HOV+2 lane, it's a beautiful thing:
Curb Your Enthusiasm Funkhouser Dodgers Game - YouTube

Got access to great seats but NFW do I bother with night games @ Gillette anymore. Hours to exit the lot. Backups on the highway and a 110 minute drive. The HD TiVo and big TV git 'er done.

I was much younger but never minded the old aluminum seat environs at Schaeffer.

If the stadium nazis are sending people to the re-education camps for smoking (I don't smoke) it's a sad precursor of things to come.

Last edited:
Got access to great seats but NFW do I bother with night games @ Gillette anymore. Hours to exit the lot. Backups on the highway and a 110 minute drive. The HD TiVo and big TV git 'er done.

I was much younger but never minded the old aluminum seat environs at Schaeffer.

If the stadium nazis are sending people to the re-education camps for smoking (I don't smoke) it's a sad precursor of things to come.

I have no problem with the smoking regulation and punishment (btw, the author said "could" fine). Lighting up in public is against the law, has been for a long time. I would be pissed if I had to inhale cigarette smoke due to someone's bad habit who decided the hell with trying to find a safer spot to light up. So the smoker is thinking, what's the worst they can do? Smoking, abusive people, drunks, fighters, being tossed, have I missed anyone?

I think that's a cliche which may have been true 30 years ago, but simply doesn't apply here and now. Don't tell me the guy in the corner end zone, row 24, is seeing more than the TV viewers at home, especially when the action is down at the other end of the field.

I refer you to post No. 33 in this thread.

Got access to great seats but NFW do I bother with night games @ Gillette anymore. Hours to exit the lot. Backups on the highway and a 110 minute drive.

PWP, being an old veteran (like moi,) I'm surprised you haven't solved the easy-in/easy-out issue by now. Sounds like you're still parking in the wrong place. I park in a private lot 1 mile south of the stadium and always zip right out into traffic with no wait. I live 60 miles away and usually am home within 90 minutes of the game being over.

Last edited:
Your husband needs a reality check. He could be going to the games instead and free you up to bake pie -- best of both worlds. ;)

Ha Ha! Don't give him any ideas!!

From the article:

So, for lighting up a cigarette, they have to take a $50 course on how to be a good fan. Screw that. I'll watch the game on my big screen tv, listen with surround sound, and eat and drink the foods I like at a cost that won't be rivaling a car payment.

I was talking about Gillette. Anyway, from what I see on TV, I doubt the Raiders are going to throw out any smokers on this policy after week one. They have other fan conduct issues to worry about.

From the article:

This country is anti-smoking. I am not surprised about this at all. I will still gladly enjoy the game from the stands while spending my entire car payment on beer and nachos

This country is anti-smoking. I am not surprised about this at all. I will still gladly enjoy the game from the stands while spending my entire car payment on beer and nachos

They did have designated areas where people could smoke. I don't smoke but a friend of mine that came to a game with me does. We would walk out to the area allowed and he'd light one up. Did they do away with those areas?

They did have designated areas where people could smoke. I don't smoke but a friend of mine that came to a game with me does. We would walk out to the area allowed and he'd light one up. Did they do away with those areas?

Those areas are still around. But i think they are kicking people out who basically smoke in their seats. It sounds like from that article that Oakland doesn't even have those areas where you can smoke.

Last edited:

This isn't about being a jackass. People get ejected for smoking and other things that should be non-issues.

If they're not going to stop smoking when they're asked to, they should be ejected. I didn't pay $100+ per seat to have some inconsiderate boob wreathing me in smoke for the whole game.

If they're not going to stop smoking when they're asked to, they should be ejected. I didn't pay $100+ per seat to have some inconsiderate boob wreathing me in smoke for the whole game.

That's the issue. Have smoking areas. That's fine. But smoking in the seats shouldn't be allowed.

No question..............being there for moments such as last years raven game, or Snow bowl or the first (and every other) banner game is what it's all about.

I am fortunate to have great seats 2/3's of the way up, lower bowl, between the 20's, so, sure, that may make a difference vs the nosebleeds.

The ability to watch what I want to watch and not just the ball (which is what the TV cameras show) is what makes the difference for me.

I get to see coverages, pass patterns, blitzes as the develop etc etc. I can focus in on one player and watch his every move for a while. Just studying Wilfork for example for 10 or 15 plays enables me to and appreciate the man that owns his position, he is simply incredible - what are you going to see on TV of his play?? I often times will study the head coach or the coach on the sideline as he gathers his players and coaches them up. The ability to focus in on injuries also helps to judge severity.

The appreciation for the "game within the game" that I am able to gain with in person experience is so much better than TV. I get my fill of TV on away games, best of both worlds I say.

Not to me. I had 2 seats in the last row of the updeck on the 50 yard line for the Ravens playoff game last year.

It was the greatest experience of my young, 22 year old life, I would have paid thousands to do it again.

And if this keeps the loudmouth, jackasses away from us who want to enjoy the game, then great!

BB blowing into a snotrag after yelling at a linebacker.

Ah, that's why he keeps the red flag in his sox.

The Monday after a Patriots victory, there is nothing better then reading member posts who attended the game and are giving their low-down (bingo). From camaraderie in the stands to who they saw and what a certain player was doing on that critical play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down