PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I think the AFC East division becomes MUCH tougher with other 3 teams FA pickups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well,

The AFC East has always been a dogfight, more often than not. You go back 25, 30 years and it's always been tough for the division leader to pull it off.

Regardless, I am still amazed that the Jets took Woody. Seriously. If he couldn't make an impact in DETROIT, how in **** name is he gonna do anything in NY? This is right up there with the Iggles giving top money to Assante. Both contracts are gonna come back and bite their teams in the @ss.

Ah well. I believe that our toughest dicision opponent will be Buffalo. Not that they are that good a team, but those guys are fighting to keep their team in the states, rather than be the first team in the NFL to bolt to Canada.

Not that there's anything wrong with Canada, eh? :rolleyes:

1) Yes, I can kill them if they take McFadden.
2) I can say that I don't care who they take because I don't. This is not dependant on #1
3) I can say that I don't know who they should take because I don't know who would want to play for such a crappy franchise :D

ok let me rephrase my comment then. You cant say dont take McFadden, offer no alternate direction, kill the jets and then be taken seriously

======================================

Isn't Rivers the same age as that kid from the Giants Eli Manning?:D

i knew someone was gonna say this, and I should have addressed it. What I ment by that was Rivers acts like a dam fool out there, like he's a little kid with an attiutde he hasnt earned.

i knew someone was gonna say this, and I should have addressed it. What I ment by that was Rivers acts like a dam fool out there, like he's a little kid with an attiutde he hasnt earned.

===================================

Well that I can agree,:) with Rivers though talented is kind of a punk.

Jet fans!!! Wanna make some BIG BIG cash??? Rush out to Vegas with the mortgage money on that rundown clapboard you own in Passaic and plop down your last 100 grand on the Jets to win the bowl!!!

You'll make 7 million!!! Gee that's a lot of money...wish we had a chance like this....:confused:

Last edited:
Jet fans!!! Wanna make some BIG BIG cash??? Rush out to Vegas with the mortgage money on that rundown clapboard you own in Passaic and plop down your last 100 grand on the Jets to win the bowl!!!

You'll make 7 million!!! Gee that's a lot of money...wish we had a chance like this....:confused:

==================================
That would be a nice pay day, I was thinking more like $10 for a $700 win. I got other plans for the clapboard.:)

How much will I win if I put $10 on the Pats and they win the bowl.

Last edited:
==================================
That would be a nice pay day, I was thinking more like $10 for a $700 win. I got other plans for the clapboard.:)

How much will I win if I put $10 on the Pats and they win the bowl.

I expect New England will be the prohibitive favorites again this year. Betting on them will not bring back a worthwhile return even if they win.

Well I don't:D

Denver has ALWAYS given us fits no matter who is on that team
We WILL have 1 loss at home to an East team
San Diego is due for a win at home against NE
Either Seattle,Indy or Buffalo will win at home against NE

12-4 is accurate if you ask me....

If you ask me, it isn't. Even if you envision the worst way our schedule can break, I see 12-4 as our absolute baseline next year, not the ceiling. The Patriots are about to play one of the easiest schedules in NFL history, and if you think a team is going to be a good bet to be 4 wins worse against a weaker schedule when they're returning the offensive nucleus of a team that set the NFL record for points scored, than I don't know what else to tell you.

Sure, they could only win 12 games, but since they also likely project as the best team again next year, I don't see why you think it's a reasonable projection. I think it's just being contrary for it's own sake.

I think with Chad Pennington at QB we will make the playoffs next year, seriously. The guys has done more with worse in his career. His arm is incredibly weak yes but for the first time since 2004 he may actually have a running game to help him out, which opens up the play action. Whether you like Chad or not you can't deny he's very effective of off PA and I expect us to utilize that a lot more this season.

Defensively we're solid. Aqquiring a NT was huge and will open up all kinds of room for the LB's, more specifically David Harris (who IMO will be a great LB). You saw what he did with D-Slob at NT last year, he could be a real force in the middle of our D. Our run defence should improve dramatically because of that. We still need a pass rush and hopefully Pace helps us out in that area (Still not sold on that signing but at least he's an upgrade), I wouldn't be against us draft Vernon Gholston who IMO would be immediately effective in that area. In the secondary we have 2 true studs in Rhodes and Revis. Elam isn't great but isn't a liability either, #2 CB is definetly a concern however.

I've loved our signings for the most part and really think they will help make us competitive next season. Obviously the QB has to step up though (which I belive Chad can do as he has in the past, Clemens I have no clue about). Also for those *****ing about how we've destroyed our cap with our signings, we're still not in that bad of shape at all.

The Cardinals running a 3-4 is news to me. I know that Pace moved to OLB, but I was under the impression it was in the 4-3.

Jenkins is only an UPGRADE if he can handle the 2GAP NT position. If he can't, then its not much of an upgrade unless the Jets switch to a 4-3.

Faneca is a definite upgrade over the Jets guards from last year. But, hell, almost anyone is an upgrade over what the Jets had last year, though Woody may be the exception.

As for adding McFadden, I would love it if the Jets did that. It means they are ignoring other aspects of their game that are more important.

They've already adressed the 'aspects of their game that are important' which are all in the trenches. They done that by signing Faneca, Jenkins and Woody. All of which are upgrades.

It shuoldn't surprise us that teams in the division go out and try to get better. that's what they're supposed to do.

it's way too early to tell how it will all sort out between now and September, but, whatever their problems at QB, the Jests have definitely "gotten better," as have the Bills. The Fins have made a major commitment to improving over the next couple of seasons.

For now, we shouldn't be worrying about THEM, we should be worrying about how and whether the Pats get better this offseason.

I think with Chad Pennington at QB we will make the playoffs next year, seriously. The guys has done more with worse in his career. His arm is incredibly weak yes but for the first time since 2004 he may actually have a running game to help him out, which opens up the play action. Whether you like Chad or not you can't deny he's very effective of off PA and I expect us to utilize that a lot more this season.

Defensively we're solid. Aqquiring a NT was huge and will open up all kinds of room for the LB's, more specifically David Harris (who IMO will be a great LB). You saw what he did with D-Slob at NT last year, he could be a real force in the middle of our D. Our run defence should improve dramatically because of that. We still need a pass rush and hopefully Pace helps us out in that area (Still not sold on that signing but at least he's an upgrade), I wouldn't be against us draft Vernon Gholston who IMO would be immediately effective in that area. In the secondary we have 2 true studs in Rhodes and Revis. Elam isn't great but isn't a liability either, #2 CB is definetly a concern however.

I've loved our signings for the most part and really think they will help make us competitive next season. Obviously the QB has to step up though (which I belive Chad can do as he has in the past, Clemens I have no clue about). Also for those *****ing about how we've destroyed our cap with our signings, we're still not in that bad of shape at all.

Who do you think the Jets are going to overtake to make the playoffs?

Patriots
Colts
Chargers
Steelers
Jaguars
Titans

Also, how will they leapfrog past Cleveland to even get into the mix?

Who do you think the Jets are going to overtake to make the playoffs?

Patriots
Colts
Chargers
Steelers
Jaguars
Titans

Also, how will they leapfrog past Cleveland to even get into the mix?

I think the Titans will struggle and regress this year. You know fine rightly that every year a team will come from nowhere and become playoff contenders, look at Cleveland and Green Bay last year. You also know that every year a team expected to be contenders will really struggle. Listing those teams means nothing.

I think the Titans will struggle and regress this year. You know fine rightly that every year a team will come from nowhere and become playoff contenders, look at Cleveland and Green Bay last year. You also know that every year a team expected to be contenders will really struggle. Listing those teams means nothing.

You're correct that a team comes out of nowhere every year and surprises you. What you haven't done is made a sufficiently compelling argument that that team is going to be the Jets.

I saw plenty of him as well and I'm with you, not high on him. I think the kid is destined to be a solid backup QB and that he got overrated due to playing a weak schedule and doing nothing more than manage the game vs. crappy teams.

I can't get over how much he was being talked up during that MNF game vs. Dallas because his team was in the game at the time. Couldn't they see he was the main reason they lost the game and that the rest of the team played phenominally that game? I guess not, but I definitely saw it.

Until these teams get a real quarterback or until we no longer have Tom Brady, they aren't a real threat to us.

Lets just say that Trent Edwards and John Beck aren't going to be playing at an All-Pro level next year. They don't really have the supporting cast unlike Derek Anderson who had a good receiving corp. Tony Romo couldn't do much with that Dolphin offense, could probably make the Bills offense a bit better but could make the Jets a Wild Card team.

In my opinion, Trent Edwards and John Beck aren't Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Joe Montana, Steve Young or Dan Marino. With that said, i don't think they are going to kill their opponents next year. Maybe these guys turn into good quarterbacks, but I think it is safe to say that they aren't going to be GREAT.

You're correct that a team comes out of nowhere every year and surprises you. What you haven't done is made a sufficiently compelling argument that that team is going to be the Jets.

Read my first post. Jeez.

Last edited:
LOL! I doubt we even get 6 wins...

Ok, let's take a look at last year. Which team came from nowhere and shockingly made the playoffs, and which contender really struggled?

Also, the Bills were better than the Jets last season even with all their injuries. They've made some moves in free agency, too. That's a better team overall than the Jets right now. The question there is quarterback. Sounds familiar, I'd imagine......

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News