PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I think the AFC East division becomes MUCH tougher with other 3 teams FA pickups

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're right, I most likely would. It just bothers me when people criticize a player not on the Pats for something exactly the same as what a NE player does (Edwards dinks and dunks, well that's what Brady did before Moss too).
????? Moss made Brady's arm stronger? Don't be a bigger dope than you have to be, okay?

And try not to build up Edwards by trying to compare him to Brady.

Maybe you could post something of significance instead of Patssuck, Bradysucks, etc. It's tiresome.

You're right, I most likely would. It just bothers me when people criticize a player not on the Pats for something exactly the same as what a NE player does (Edwards dinks and dunks, well that's what Brady did before Moss too).

Edwards is a decent NFL quarterback, no denying that. But, come on dude. Did you see the games where Brady "Drink Myoplex" Quinn played? It looked like Tom Glavine was replaced by J-Pap. He is a dink and dunk player because he doesn't have the arm to get the zip done. Brady was in a system that was predicated on ball control, and did not have a legit deep threat. When he did (read 2004 AFC Championship Game) we all saw that he was perfectly capable of executing the deep ball. This was long before Brady/Moss '08 was the next hottest ticket in The Democratic People's Republic of MA to Freenan/Sharpton '08.

Last edited:
Jeez, I would certainly hope so. It couldn't be much worse than everyone thinks!

I have seen him throw it deep... he has the arm. Edwards arm strength is comparable to Brady... they can both hurl it when they have to.

Seriously I know your a Pats fan and I cant expect you all to be unbias but how does adding Pace, Jenkins, Faneca, Woody and probably Run DMC to the Jets equal one extra win from last year?

Because you're play calling is horrible and you have no quarterback....:D

Because you're play calling is horrible and you have no quarterback....:D

How did we win 10 games the year before with that same horrible QB and play calling? We have a garbage schedule, and a lot more talent yet we only get one more win this year. Thats logical:rolleyes:

How did we win 10 games the year before with that same horrible QB and play calling? We have a garbage schedule, and a lot more talent yet we only get one more win this year. Thats logical:rolleyes:

Your signature is logical.

Without joining in all the fun, I do think that it should be noted that the QB is not as solid a player as he was 2 years ago.

Without joining in all the fun, I do think that it should be noted that the QB is not as solid a player as he was 2 years ago.

GO check Pennington's year two years ago. he was pretty much a 1 TD to 1 INT ratio QB and had a mediocre season. We won 4 games last year with holes everywhere and Clemens and Pennington playing like garbage all year long. If any of the Jets QB's play average to decent the Jets can win 7 games at worst

Last edited:
Haha, feel free to actually contribute a decent idea or thought to one of these threads.

Yes, you caught me. All I ever dreamed about was winning the Super Bowl trophy. Please let me be a Patriots fan, oh baby, oh baby, oh baby. [/sarcasm]

wide right , Nitwittanylions fan...wide right...

Last edited:
GO check Pennington's year two years ago. he was pretty much a 1 TD to 1 INT ratio QB and had a mediocre season. We won 4 games last year with holes everywhere and Clemens and Pennington playing like garbage all year long. If any of the Jets QB's play average to decent the Jets can win 7 games at worst

Hey, you and I talked about this on another thread, and I said 7-9 to 9-7, remember? Like I said, I'm not trying to jump in, I'm just pointing out that Chad's arm is weaker now than it was then. Heck, maybe having another offseason will help it heal better and get stronger.

Hey, you and I talked about this on another thread, and I said 7-9 to 9-7, remember? Like I said, I'm not trying to jump in, I'm just pointing out that Chad's arm is weaker now than it was then. Heck, maybe having another offseason will help it heal better and get stronger.

I know I think your very rational and unbias, I just had some issues with some people who think were winning 5 games next year b/.c we have regressed with our signings:confused:. the contract for Pace maybe bad but he still is an upgrade an a solid football player, and we also have filled a lot of holes. Im on the 7-9 to 8-8 bandwagon

Last edited:
I think the AFC east is definitely tougher...if you're the AFC west or NFC west. The Jets, with all their signings, are probably an 8-8 team, though I won't rule out the posibility of winning 9-10 games against a weak schedule. The Bills overachieved last year, and their offseason moves make them about a 7-9 win team. The Dolphins still suck. You can't spin it any other way.

The Pats still win this division by AT LEAST 3 games.

Pats will go 8-0 in the division rather easily. The AFC East has no qbs that can challenge the Pats. Gotta have a qb that can throw 35+ times with confidence. Dinking and dunking is a recipe for disaster against the Pats. Don't worry about the AFC EAST.

I'm worried that we're not as good as Indy anymore. I will be really really sick if Indy wins the SB next year. Looks like they are the team to beat now with all the decimation we've had on defense. Can you imagine a Manning-Manning-Manning SB winner? That CANNOT happen at all costs. Just gotta hope Peyton has an off year or we get lucky and someone like SD or JAX knock em off.

6-0. We dont play 8 divisional games.

????? Moss made Brady's arm stronger? Don't be a bigger dope than you have to be, okay?

And try not to build up Edwards by trying to compare him to Brady.

Maybe you could post something of significance instead of Patssuck, Bradysucks, etc. It's tiresome.

Don't be a dope and put words in my mouth. Did I say Brady had a weak arm? Did I say Edwards was going to be a star like Brady? No. My point was that whether or not Brady can throw 90 yards downfield, he dinked and dunked his first few seasons. Was that because he didn't have a legitimate downfield threat? Probably. But the fact is that he pretty much threw short passes until Moss came along.

Did I say Edwards was going to grow up to be Brady? No. Brady is an excellent QB. He made the short passes work game after game. Could Edwards do that? Maybe. He has potential, but he's far from being Brady at this point.

Don't put words in my mouth if you can't actually understand what I'm saying. By all means, go through all of my posts and find the point where I said "Patssuck, Bradysucks, etc." Maybe people should actually read what I say instead of making up what they think I said. It's tiresome, after all.

Edwards is a decent NFL quarterback, no denying that. But, come on dude. Did you see the games where Brady "Drink Myoplex" Quinn played? It looked like Tom Glavine was replaced by J-Pap. He is a dink and dunk player because he doesn't have the arm to get the zip done. Brady was in a system that was predicated on ball control, and did not have a legit deep threat. When he did (read 2004 AFC Championship Game) we all saw that he was perfectly capable of executing the deep ball. This was long before Brady/Moss '08 was the next hottest ticket in The Democratic People's Republic of MA to Freenan/Sharpton '08.

See above. I'm not saying Brady couldn't throw it downfield - he just didn't. His game was made by the short passes - is that wrong? No, it won games for him. HE IS AN EXCELLENT QB. How many times do I have to say that before people will realize what I'm saying? Brady did an excellent job of mixing up short passes and making it so that NE could win games with them.

There's nothing wrong with that, I'm just saying it's dumb for people to criticize Edwards or Quinn for doing that when that's what Brady made his living on.

And for those who say Edwards doesn't have a strong arm, if you actually watched the games, when he wants to throw downfield, he really chucks it downfield. I believe there was an on-the-mark 55 yard pass to Evans, along with a 20-some yard 3rd down conversion (can't remember - I think it was the Washington game?). He just doesn't throw it downfield - like Brady a few years ago.

wide right , Nitwittanylions fan...wide right...

Hahahaha....keep trying oh clever one ;)

My point was that whether or not Brady can throw 90 yards downfield, he dinked and dunked his first few seasons. Was that because he didn't have a legitimate downfield threat? Probably.

How does the above match up with an Edwards comparison for last year? Lee Evans is an elite deep threat that Edwards could not get the ball to.

How does the above match up with an Edwards comparison for last year? Lee Evans is an elite deep threat that Edwards could not get the ball to.

Edwards is a rookie, give him a break. He did get Evans the ball a couple times (like I mentioned, the 55 yarder). The difference is that Brady got tons of experience before Moss came along. Edwards started out with little experience, and very little confidence or willingness to take shots down the field. When he did, he showed pretty good accuracy. I'm not saying Edwards is going to be as good as Brady...Edwards needs time before we can judge him completely.

Bills - The addition of Marcus Stroud will be big for them. Stroud helps to solidify their run defense. Add him to Schoebel and Kelsay and the Pats are looking at another Giants-like 4-3 defense. The issues with the Bills will be their secondary, primarily their corners, though their depth at safety is a concern. The Bills won't be a push-over next year.

Jets - I like the addition of Faneca. He will help to solidify that Jets O-line and might be able to make a good Tackle out of Ferguson. I chuckle at the signing of Damian Woody. The guy is a failed center who moved to guard and was mediocre there. Now there is talk of putting Woody at RT? Woody isn't the answer there and its sad that the Jets over-paid for him. It remains to be seen whether Jenkins can stay healthy and whether he can be the NT that the Jets need for their 3-4 system. The Jets have a tough secondary with Kerry Rhodes, Erik Coleman, and Darrelle Revis back there. The question continues to be the #2 CB position. I think the Jets will be a very tough team unless the rumors of locker-room dissent are true.

Dolphins - A lot depends on whether Ronnie Brown is healthy. That being said, John Beck is not and never was the answer. Sorry. He was a 26 year old rookie who should have showed much better poise than he did. As I said last year, the Phins made a colossal error in letting Welker go and that led to them reaching for Ginn and not taking Quinn to be their starter. A certain Phin fan will say that's garbage and then spew on about them getting Samson Satele, but I have news for him, the Phins could have had Welker, Satele, and Quinn and been better off.

They have a lot of holes on their team on both sides of the ball. Trading Chris Chambers last year didn't help matters any. They've since lost Marty Booker, so they have no real competent receivers on the team. The TE spot was anemic as David Martin wasn't the answer after they traded the troubled Randy McMichael to the Rams. Ronnie Brown won't be 100% for quite some time, though he will either be PUPPED or be on the regular roster. I believe that Ricky Williams is still under contract with the Phins, but he lasted part of one game. Chatham is a good change of pace, but even he didn't last and they had to use Packer and Texan cast-off Samkan Gado.

On defense, they have an upset Jason Taylor. They lost Zach Thomas to the Cowboys and lack depth at LB. They also have a pretty porous secondary. The only strength the Phins have here is their D-line, and, as I said, Taylor is upset. Not to mention the rumors of him being shopped around.

So, basically, I see the Bills and Jets as having improved and having the potential to give the Pats trouble.. The Phins will probably finish last in the league again.

Seriously I know your a Pats fan and I cant expect you all to be unbias but how does adding Pace, Jenkins, Faneca, Woody and probably Run DMC to the Jets equal one extra win from last year?

Pace and Jenkins have never played in the 3-4. Woody was a mediocre guard with the Patriots and the Lions. Now you are talking about putting him at RT?

Faneca is the only signing that I REALLY like for the Jets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back