PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I Guess Jack Jones Did OK

I’m surprised many of you didn’t see how bad he was in preseason getting beat like a drum in coverage and being shaken off like a chihuahua when attempting tackles. The main red flags on field were his slender frame and inability to tackle.

I’m shocked he even made the team.
Yes! Getting beat by guys probably working at Home depot right now..

The patriots finally gave up on him. Folks here thought that he would lose bundles of money and perhaps his career.

And now, Jack Jones is celebrating. His high school and college coach claimed him.
He’s been celebrating since he found out he wouldn’t end up behind bars for his stupidity this summer.

Has played like his head is elsewhere. good riddance to bad rubbish.

i had high hopes. also expressed concerns over his attitude.

As for his future success, i hope he falls off a cliff
Well if his attitude doesn't change then that will organically happen

i had high hopes. also expressed concerns over his attitude.

As for his future success, i hope he falls off a cliff
Well if his attitude doesn't change then that will organically happen
already happened. His play this season is at the bottom of the cliff compared to expectations based on his play last year.

already happened. His play this season is at the bottom of the cliff compared to expectations based on his play last year.
The thinking is to play with an attitude, not actually go out in real life and handle team oriented dealings with one. His play in the preseason wasn't impressive. Attitude prevents even the most talented of players from reaching full potential.

He’s been celebrating since he found out he wouldn’t end up behind bars for his stupidity this summer.

Add JC Jackson to that.. another bad transaction this season. JC even when he played at high level here .. there were always questions about his attitude and commitment. Just not the right person for Jack to learn from. Please get rid of him next.. I don't want Gonzo either to be influenced by him.

Jack Jones has talent, no doubt. I don’t know what happened, but it had to be pretty bad to have BB say he wouldn’t be back on the PS if he cleared waivers.

I hate that they’re shedding talent, but Shawn Wade seems to be making strides. I hope they restructure and keep JC - he can work in this defense.

I do admit, I’m really tired of the benchings, the flip-flopping on who plays and who barely plays and who doesn’t play at all. The palace intrigue behind the scenes. Is just annoying, particularly when it plays out on the field.

JC's a bad influence on the younger DBs. He should've been the first to go.

I haven't seen JC make a play on the ball all season.. he got paid, and quit football. Your absolutely correct.. the guys with bad attitudes rid the team of them.. we need talented players with a winners mentality..

Fauria and Gresch were speculating that JJ shot his way out of town as soon as his personal coach got the job with the Raiders. The Raiders coach has ties to JJ's family, so is not hard to get the word out that the Raiders would sign him if he managed to get cut by the Pats.

Then that's Tampering, and the league should demand access to Jackoff's phone, text & email records to determine what if any correspondence between Pierce & Jackoff/his family have taken place.

Add JC Jackson to that.. another bad transaction this season. JC even when he played at high level here .. there were always questions about his attitude and commitment. Just not the right person for Jack to learn from. Please get rid of him next.. I don't want Gonzo either to be influenced by him.
Jackson was a desperation move when Gonzo and Marcus Jones got hurt... there wasn't exactly a lot of good CB's out there and the Chargers ate the majority of his salary.

Jack Jones was a moron before he left college, then brought unlicensed guns through an airport, then became a malcontent publicly... fck him.

He was getting smoked anyway since he got arrested at the airport, even after they gave him time to get his head screwed on straight.

When JC was here before he was both better than Jack, and not as much a problem or head case as Jack.

having them here together now they both reinforced bad behavior.

I agree with letting Jack go, and seeing if JC takes the hint and straightens ut and performs as we need.

it‘s Bill’s typical M.O. Give him the chance, see what he does with the opportunity.

if JC does well, good on him. If not, let him go. what he makes of this opportunity is up to him.

I still suspect that he injured himself somehow while celebrating the judge's decision that very night/weekend...

Jackson was a desperation move when Gonzo and Marcus Jones got hurt... there wasn't exactly a lot of good CB's out there and the Chargers ate the majority of his salary.

Jack Jones was a moron before he left college, then brought unlicensed guns through an airport, then became a malcontent publicly... fck him.

He was getting smoked anyway since he got arrested at the airport, even after they gave him time to get his head screwed on straight.
Yeah JC.. he was a ball hawk . I don't know what happened to this guy. Only thing I can say is it's a mental engagement thing. Yeah we all know the situation with Jack unfortunately...

Yeah JC.. he was a ball hawk . I don't know what happened to this guy. Only thing I can say is it's a mental engagement thing. Yeah we all know the situation with Jack unfortunately...
He was a good CB for us, he just was never a shutdown CB, the Chargers just overvalued and overpaid. He was largely helped by the system here, the majority of his time here he had Gilmore and Jon Jones next to him, he got a lot of gimme's.

He could be a good CB for us again if he shuts his mouth, applies himself and is healthy. I wouldn't mind bringing Gonzo, Jon Jones, Marcus Jones, JC Jackson and Isaiah Bolden back next year and potentially moving Shaun Wade over to free safety. Wade has played well of late, this ^ would be an exceptional backfield if the defensive front is healthy.

Yep; now he gets to spend the next 2-1/2 years in Vegas baby to wash the 1-1/2 years of BillStank off him.
He'll be out of the league before those 2 1/2 years are up. You know it. I know it. Everybody knows it.

Yup, and if the management agrees, we will never have a winner.

I get it. Some fans only want a top Offense.

With an average Offense and our Defense, we compete for the playoffs next year, unless, of course, we continue to lose decent defensive players.

An average Offense is a long way away.
Your point is not wrong. The defense is what gave this team a chance going into this year, and the same goes for next year.
Need a boundary corner - but corners of Jack Jones' ilk can be found on Day 3. It absolutely needs to be addressed, and Dugger needs to be back.

Then that's Tampering, and the league should demand access to Jackoff's phone, text & email records to determine what if any correspondence between Pierce & Jackoff/his family have taken place.
I agree, but that is very hard to prove. At this point I doubt that the Pats want to waste any more resources on JJ.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back