PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I Guess Jack Jones Did OK

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
The patriots finally gave up on him. Folks here thought that he would lose bundles of money and perhaps his career.

And now, Jack Jones is celebrating. His high school and college coach claimed him.

We got much bigger issues than if releasing Jack Jones will ultimately be bad for us and good for him.
So far that seems to be the case but without a offense who cares about a decent defensive back.

We got much bigger issues than if releasing Jack Jones will ultimately be bad for us and good for him.
So far that seems to be the case but without a offense who cares about a decent defensive back.
Yup, and if the management agrees, we will never have a winner.

I get it. Some fans only want a top Offense.

With an average Offense and our Defense, we compete for the playoffs next year, unless, of course, we continue to lose decent defensive players.

An average Offense is a long way away.

Yup, and if the management agrees, we will never have a winner.

I get it. Some fans only want a top Offense.

With an average Offense and our Defense, we compete for the playoffs next year, unless, of course, we continue to lose decent defensive players.

An average Offense is a long way away.
Sobering.

I think we are 2 WRs 1 QB away but all 3 of our tight ends are free agents I believe.
Shaun Wade has developed with what the Patriots and everyone thought he could be.
Gonzalez is a stud, just needs to put on some muscle without losing speed. Jonathan Jones is under contract, Marcus Jones will be back and Myles Bryant ugh.
Jack Jones must of rubbed someone the wrong way. I’m still
Shocked we are releasing decent players when we should be trying to keep sll
The talent we have especially on rookie deals.

Sobering.

I think we are 2 WRs 1 QB away but all 3 of our tight ends are free agents I believe.
Shaun Wade has developed with what the Patriots and everyone thought he could be.
Gonzalez is a stud, just needs to put on some muscle without losing speed. Jonathan Jones is under contract, Marcus Jones will be back and Myles Bryant ugh.
The problem is Belichick's first rule is to never throw players under the bus. He's not going to tell us why he let Jack Jones go, but obviously something had to have happened since the trade deadline.

The patriots finally gave up on him. Folks here thought that he would lose bundles of money and perhaps his career.

And now, Jack Jones is celebrating. His high school and college coach claimed him.

Yep; now he gets to spend the next 2-1/2 years in Vegas baby to wash the 1-1/2 years of BillStank off him.

Sobering.

We also are two OT's away, and a backup QB away.

As bad as Minchew played for the colts, we would have easily won if we switched QB's. We need a starter and a backup.

I think we all saw when motivated, Jack Jones is a pretty good CB.
there could have been a scenario where Dugger simply wants to play elsewhere, or the market takes his salary past his worth.
a backfield of Jon Jones at FS, Peppers at SS, Gonzo and JackJones/JC Jackson at border CB and Marcus Jones in the slot is pretty good. Wade as the primary back up at CB and Bryant/Bledsoe at S, would make the defensive backfield a later round draft priority.
with Jack Jones gone and JC Jackson a total question mark, CB becomes more a need.

Jack Jones is an asset. with Slater/Peppers holding his hand was he salvagable? if no, was he tradeable? would he have returned a 5th?

Some people just do not like to be under someone's thumb. Cannot function like that. Fast and loose out in LV now. His HS and college coach has some ugly history of his own. He wants to bring the Bad boy Raiders back out there. They have DB's down and he will start this week vs Miami. Hero or just another Patriot they should not have chased. First fork in the road for Pierce with Raider Nation / public opinion.

Sobering.

It's not out of the question that Bill could be tanking.

I think we all saw when motivated, Jack Jones is a pretty good CB.
there could have been a scenario where Dugger simply wants to play elsewhere, or the market takes his salary past his worth.
a backfield of Jon Jones at FS, Peppers at SS, Gonzo and JackJones/JC Jackson at border CB and Marcus Jones in the slot is pretty good. Wade as the primary back up at CB and Bryant/Bledsoe at S, would make the defensive backfield a later round draft priority.
with Jack Jones gone and JC Jackson a total question mark, CB becomes more a need.

Jack Jones is an asset. with Slater/Peppers holding his hand was he salvagable? if no, was he tradeable? would he have returned a 5th?
Do you remember the reports the Patriots were excited to get him back on the field and were willing to be so patient with him cause they felt he had number one corner upside.

Ugh

We all knew he would be claimed off waivérs...

It's a large part of why I said he should have been sat for the balance of the season then traded for whatever we çould get...

Either way, he's gone and the message has been sent.

You’re jumping the gun. Seems to me that Vegas is one of the worst places that he could have landed, if the not worst, in terms of his life outside of the team’s Death Star. JJ may surprise me and become a true professional who is laser-focused on perfecting his craft and who stays out of trouble and away from individuals who seem to seek trouble, with Pierce as his father figure, but I’d but my money down on another arrest before the end of 2024.

Last edited:
I was wondering if that new corner Alex Austin, who apparently grew up with him, was brought in to try and get him on the right path.

It’s a shame. The kid has talent. I wish him well.

It's not out of the question that Bill could be tanking.
BB GM gone, BB coach gone, his kids gone, BOB gone, Mac gone (worst mechanics I have ever seen outside of pop warner), Zappe gone - (exposed). I think Robert also gone shortly. Hand over the keys.Better not bring in Josh - need to blow that whole offense up. BB tried to do it, failed badly in copycat mode.

Mayo has been promised but if he keeps to much of the Patriot Way he won't last long. Patriot Way do your job, don't over reach, don't need big plays, collective, team wins. Bend don't break, wait for them to make the mistake. Need 3 positive plays to be able to get most first downs.

Jack Jones has talent, no doubt. I don’t know what happened, but it had to be pretty bad to have BB say he wouldn’t be back on the PS if he cleared waivers.

I hate that they’re shedding talent, but Shawn Wade seems to be making strides. I hope they restructure and keep JC - he can work in this defense.

I do admit, I’m really tired of the benchings, the flip-flopping on who plays and who barely plays and who doesn’t play at all. The palace intrigue behind the scenes. Is just annoying, particularly when it plays out on the field.

He got cut from his team for immaturity, which is next in a long line issues, and someone took a flyer on him on waivers. An at least half the league said to guy making peanuts for free.
Yeah, lots to celebrate.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back