PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I Guess Jack Jones Did OK

People have inflated Jack Jones as a player since that pick 6 in Lambeau. He had an up and down rookie season and wasn't great this year. This isn't like we lost Ty Law.

Last edited:
Glad he’s gone. Do you know how off in the head you are to have two loaded firearms in your carry on bag? It still baffles me that people are sad about the release. You just beat the devil and are doing no jail time, got to keep your job, but instead of being grateful trying to walk the line and count your blessings that you got another chance? You somehow become a distraction?

Who care’s about this guy and his excuses? He can talk all he wants and fabricate whatever he wants because he knows BB has already moved on and won’t
say a thing about whatever Jacko tweets out.

People have inflated Jack Jones as a player since that pick 6 in Lambeau. He had an up and down rookie season and wasn't great this year. This sent like we lost Ty Law.
Pretty much this.

He was a good CB for us, he just was never a shutdown CB, the Chargers just overvalued and overpaid. He was largely helped by the system here, the majority of his time here he had Gilmore and Jon Jones next to him, he got a lot of gimme's.

He could be a good CB for us again if he shuts his mouth, applies himself and is healthy. I wouldn't mind bringing Gonzo, Jon Jones, Marcus Jones, JC Jackson and Isaiah Bolden back next year and potentially moving Shaun Wade over to free safety. Wade has played well of late, this ^ would be an exceptional backfield if the defensive front is healthy.
He was. Having Gilly on the field definitely helped alot. But he has natural ball skills.. he got alot of turnovers while he was here. I just don't think football is most important to him. Guys get big contracts and the hunger for more is lacking. Same with Trent Brown. He got his big contract and since that point he plays when he wants too. Jon as I mentioned during the preseason. Ultimate patriots player, classy, true professional on and off the field. But aging and injuries are never a good thing for CBs. Shaun Wade's dad actually called up WEEI and spoke with Gresh & Fuaria. I think with more playing time, working on his game and ball skills Wade could become a solid #2 option opposite Gonzo. Marcus definitely has a role here.. special teams is hurting without him. Going forward we either need to draft or resign Mills and allow him to play FS not being a bit player. I think Philips is gone. So Dugger, peppers, Mills, Gonzo, Jon ,Marcus, Wade is a pretty poten secondary.

Your point is not wrong. The defense is what gave this team a chance going into this year, and the same goes for next year.
Need a boundary corner - but corners of Jack Jones' ilk can be found on Day 3. It absolutely needs to be addressed, and Dugger needs to be back.
If we were even a middling offense.. say like 13th or 14th in points, ect. We'd be a play off team. Even being decimated by injury on defense.. we still play teams tough and give this offense a chance. If.. just if.. Wade can do more in his opportunities than he can have a future on the team. He's a big CB, fast and rangy.. just imagine if wade could become an elite CB like Gonzo is. Absolutely with you on Dugger. He should be in the top 3 for offseason priorities.

I still suspect that he injured himself somehow while celebrating the judge's decision that very night/weekend...
Yeah... kinda odd he was on the IR shortly afterwards.. with a " hammy"..

I agree, but that is very hard to prove. At this point I doubt that the Pats want to waste any more resources on JJ.
They can also check BBs phone as well when he was texting Jimmy G before and after games.. while they are doing it..

People have inflated Jack Jones as a player since that pick 6 in Lambeau. He had an up and down rookie season and wasn't great this year. This isn't like we lost Ty Law.
True, however, he's only halfway into his 2nd year, we don't really know what he is.

If we were even a middling offense.. say like 13th or 14th in points, ect. We'd be a play off team. Even being decimated by injury on defense.. we still play teams tough and give this offense a chance. If.. just if.. Wade can do more in his opportunities than he can have a future on the team. He's a big CB, fast and rangy.. just imagine if wade could become an elite CB like Gonzo is. Absolutely with you on Dugger. He should be in the top 3 for offseason priorities.
To me he's top 1. Onwenu is 2. The rest, I can live with either way.

You’re jumping the gun. Seems to me that Vegas is one of the worst places that he could have landed, if the not worst, in terms of his life outside of the team’s Death Star. JJ may surprise me and become a true professional who is laser-focused on perfecting his craft and who stays out of trouble and away from individuals who seem to seek trouble, with Pierce as his father figure, but I’d but my money down on another arrest before the end of 2024.
Vegas is on upswing. I think they won last 3 and have a 5-5 record with outside chance of playoffs.

To me he's top 1. Onwenu is 2. The rest, I can live with either way.
The QB situation is priority #1. Dugger and anything else afterwards I'd be fine with. Also we need to add depth on the defensive line as well.

The QB situation is priority #1. Dugger and anything else afterwards I'd be fine with. Also we need to add depth on the defensive line as well.
Well I mean in terms of re-signing. Assuming the players want to be here, of course. They might now after this.

The patriots finally gave up on him. Folks here thought that he would lose bundles of money and perhaps his career.

And now, Jack Jones is celebrating. His high school and college coach claimed him.
He shot his way out of town ... different guns.
Past the trade deadline ...Bill needs to try to reclaim the locker room .. or at least try.

Well I mean in terms of re-signing. Assuming the players want to be here, of course. They might now after this.
That's true. However if we can show a commitment to get this current expansion team type roster back to NFL caliber it may instil hope

They can also check BBs phone as well when he was texting Jimmy G before and after games.. while they are doing it..
LOL, you will actually have a point if Jimmy G forces his way off the Raiders and he is signed by the Pats.

He shot his way out of town ... different guns.
Past the trade deadline ...Bill needs to try to reclaim the locker room .. or at least try.
I believe that it was Andrew Callahan who said that many of his teammates were turned off by his recent actions, including pouting on the bench with a towel over his head while the rest of the defensive backup were fully engaged, standing on the sideline.

LOL, you will actually have a point if Jimmy G forces his way off the Raiders and he is signed by the Pats.
LOL.. well a GM/HC texting another player on another team is absolutely frowned upon. It's not like a player texting another player. However BB gets pissed when others do it.

LOL.. well a GM/HC texting another player on another team is absolutely frowned upon. It's not like a player texting another player. However BB gets pissed when others do it.
I am not sure why you are adding this to the conversation many years after the situation when it is completely public knowledge without scandal. I was simply passing along information that I heard.

I am not sure why you are adding this to the conversation many years after the situation when it is completely public knowledge without scandal. I was simply passing along information that I heard.
Well it doesn't really matter when it happened. The fact is it happened right? Well becuase you pounced on the jack Jones situation.. I know he's not a Saint and has to mature and get his mind right if he wants to have a pro career. I was just simply making mention of how when things happen to players they get much more magnified than what NFL front office people do at times. That's all. The standard never is the same for them.

Well it doesn't really matter when it happened. The fact is it happened right? Well becuase you pounced on the jack Jones situation.. I know he's not a Saint and has to mature and get his mind right if he wants to have a pro career. I was just simply making mention of how when things happen to players they get much more magnified than what NFL front office people do at times. That's all. The standard never is the same for them.
What are you talking about? I didn't pounce on anything, I shared information about JJ in a thread about JJ. I also agreed that if the scenario was true that it could be considered tampering. Neither post was provocative in any way. If you are looking for a real discussion I think it is true that players are held to a different standard than management. BB's texts to Jimmy G aren't a good example because they don't cross the line into tampering and only bother TB12 and the "let's get BB" contingent. Things suck enough right now without having to rehash every perceived misstep the team has taken while dominating the NFL for 20 years.

As for JJ, he proved to be more of a problem than he was worth and he was cut for good of team chemistry. He was a high risk, high reward draft pick. It is surprising that he got as long a leash as he did.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back