PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I Guess Jack Jones Did OK

What are you talking about? I didn't pounce on anything, I shared information about JJ in a thread about JJ. I also agreed that if the scenario was true that it could be considered tampering. Neither post was provocative in any way. If you are looking for a real discussion I think it is true that players are held to a different standard than management. BB's texts to Jimmy G aren't a good example because they don't cross the line into tampering and only bother TB12 and the "let's get BB" contingent. Things suck enough right now without having to rehash every perceived misstep the team has taken while dominating the NFL for 20 years.

As for JJ, he proved to be more of a problem than he was worth and he was cut for good of team chemistry. He was a high risk, high reward draft pick. It is surprising that he got as long a leash as he did.
I wasn't attacking your statement. I was just making a point of the difference of when things transpire with a player as opposed to a front office person or a coach that's all. I'm agreeing with what you said. I was just making mention of BB himself.. all be it a few years ago his transgressions openly admittedly saying on Dale and holley that he text Jimmy G before and after games. It was kind of eye raising to me that he openly admitted that. Your are correct on the tampering it's not looked at in the same light. However if BB found out one of his players were texting say a former coach or member or another organization he'd likely have a big problem with that. And yes I also agreed on Jack.. he had a troubled youth, issues in college and now transpired into the league. Yes, things are bad right now and all we have is vivid memories on how good it used to be especially around this time of year. Instead if wondering if will host an AFC Championship we are wondering what pick we'll end up with.

He'll be out of the league before those 2 1/2 years are up. You know it. I know it. Everybody knows it.

Vegas is the worst place JJ could have ended up.

It's a horrible place for a young player. Especially this young player.

Remember the two first round picks who lost blew up a few years back?

Bad influences everywhere around you in Vegas.

Vegas is on upswing. I think they won last 3 and have a 5-5 record with outside chance of playoffs.
If being on a upswing means beating the Giants and Jets in back to back weeks I will beg to differ. That team sucks and will lose every game the rest of the season based on the remaining schedule.

True, however, he's only halfway into his 2nd year, we don't really know what he is.
I agree but if I had to guess he will be closer to Alfonso Dennard than he will be to a great corner.

If being on a upswing means beating the Giants and Jets in back to back weeks I will beg to differ. That team sucks and will lose every game the rest of the season based on the remaining schedule.
We might end up losing to both those teams in the coming weeks

We might end up losing to both those teams in the coming weeks

Giants have pretty much perfected the art. They lost to the Jets with a 3 point lead who had just turned the ball over on downs to them on their own 26 1:40 remaining. If that isn’t the art of tanking, I don’t know what is.

And some of y'all where defending him to the end lmao

I agree but if I had to guess he will be closer to Alfonso Dennard than he will be to a great corner.
Honestly he reminds me a lot of Dennard (Jones is a little bigger). Both flashed early on and kind of fizzled a bit when the job actually became theirs, even after the Patriots had their back in a legal situation.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back