PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I can not see how Gutierrez is not by far the #2 QB now

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Option #1 takes place, God help us if Brady gets hurt. Hope for several blizzards on game day and
3 to 0 games. How can the Pats cut or trade Cassell after the season when he is a UFA?

Unfortunately, probably the same result for Option 3.

Incidentally, I think Option #1 may apply. Cassell has the best knowledge
of the playbook even though he has been unable to execute the plays.

Alright so your logic is keep him and pray to God because he knows the playbook just can't execute it. Ok, I'm on board with that.:D

They were showcasing Cassel in hopes of getting something for him, there no way they keep Cassel. He can't play..... Gut looks as though he belongs out there Cassel just does'nt, all the reps Cassel has gotten development is over.
Agree.....
Option #3 is the ONLY option......There is NO WAY that the Pats get rid of Gutz....He is the ONLY one who has shown any ability to move the chains this preseason and has led us to scores......Cassel struggled against the second and third string teams....and now he struggles against the first teams......The guy does not have it......Now Pats may dump Cassel down to #3 and see if they can get any kind of draft pick for him......but that is about it.....

Maybe something is better than nothing.........

Actually, I would take a bag of half inflated footballs at this point in exchange for cassel....

Alright so your logic is keep him and pray to God because he knows the playbook just can't execute it. Ok, I'm on board with that.:D

Frankly, I think Matt Cassell reached his top potential two years ago

and then leveled off. I'm hopeful the Pats cut him but am afraid they

won't. Gutierrez might get a chance this week to show his stuff if

Cassell is too banged up to play.

If Brady doesn't play this week I'd like to see Gutierrez start, see how he does with and against the 1's.

Interesting thread and I admit I'm mixed on Cassel. In game 2, on his first pass where he stared down Moss and threw an interception, I posted "I'm officially off the bandwagon." Apparently, I jumped late -- the bandwagon's apparently mired in a ditch.

I haven't yet seen game #3; I plan to watch it tonight. I'm sure that'll change my opinion, if I dare to have one.

It's a fact that Cassel hasn't wowed even his supporters. They would argue that: (1) poor overall team play accounts for his struggles and (2) he is playing against the 1's so don't compare him to Gutz and (3) some of his passes aren't all that bad, after all. And my favorite, which I've used myself: (4) he knows the playbook better than anyone not named Brady.

His detractors say to look with your eyes, not with your trust in the coaches. He throws INTs, he doesn't score, he doesn't lead, and he doesn't look any better in practice. Pretty damning because you can see it.

One thing to keep in mind while evaluating the leader of this piss-poor pretense of an offense is the other side of the coin. The defense which is loaded with stars we wouldn't dream of cutting, has allowed successive opening drives for a score. And let's not forget those special teams.

Which only proves how hard it is to evaluate this enigma on the field. If Cassel is so bad they should can his ass, what does that say about the defense that has looked equally bad? How do we indict one without indicting the other?

In a month or so we'll know the answer to most of our other questions. The toughest thing about judging Cassel is that we hope to never find out if he's any good.

If Brady doesn't play this week I'd like to see Gutierrez start, see how he does with and against the 1's.

You sort of have to start Cassel, who know's maybe he throws a couple duck n chuck TD's and we can trade him for A. Bolden.:D

The #1 defense of the Giants won't play.

I would pick Cassel in a game of hit the crossbar from the 20.

He beat Flutie at that game

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe