PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Howdy patsfans, long time not much see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last I remember from Brownfan80 he was getting married soon, I think; that would explain his absence :)

Don't be a stranger, BF80.

No. He said he was going to a wedding to pick up chics.

Pretty easy to get the two confused.

Some memory, BF80 !

That would've been Plunkett2Vataha
for my first 3000 posts ...
or Flutie2Phelan for the next 1000.

Then one of them ink-stained wretches
insulted "all those psychos at patsfans.com"

As others say, welcome!
... and stay awhile.

I knew that was you!

haha.

It's funny to me to have been on the Patsfans side of the "SI Bot Wars" (for those that remember them), only to have spent so much time with the former 'enemy' since then.

Man, the high drama of the former years. lmao.

Good to see an old regular back.

Stick around here. We've missed you.

I've been all right, having fun watching this season and chasing around my 1 year old. Oh, I'm going to see the Patriots/Ravens game, so I'm excited about that.

What about you?

I can't remember if I dropped by before to congratulate you on the baby, but I do remember reading about it. So if I didn't then, Congrats now!

Oh and I'm so jealous that you get to go to the game. I haven't been to one since the Monday nighter in Miami in 2004. I was going to go this year but something else came up that weekend.

I've just been keepin' on keepin' on. No kids yet. And in response to your other post, I'm not married yet. Still engaged, just been moved back a couple of times. Money keeps getting tighter down here in Florida. The market down here for jobs is bad. My Fiancee got laid off. She has since found a new job, but it pays a little less.

Life is still good.

Trying to put together a decent Christmas in the face of the lost wages. Ends still meet though, so it could be much worse. :)

Stick around here. We've missed you.

I've been all right, having fun watching this season and chasing around my 1 year old. Oh, I'm going to see the Patriots/Ravens game, so I'm excited about that.

What about you?

Cautionary Note to Brownfan80:

Be careful around Bella*chick, local police reports have stated that she is nervously stalking Washington Post sports writers in shopping malls.

Of course we remember you. How are things? Have you heard, since Game 4 of the ALCS, the Patriots, Red Sox, and Celtics are 29 and 1?:)

hahaha. Ahhhh the good old days. I'd argue with you for HOURS (days, more like it). hahahaha.

I'm not quite the negative Nancy that I once was. I think I kicked that habit while I was still posting here.
You were right. David Patten didn't make the team :D

But I did feel some twinges of doubt during the Colts and Eagles games. I'm getting too used to the dominance. When I got reintroduced to the edge of my seat in those two games I didn't much like the territory. ;)
Welcome to the club! People here were saying they missed the old nail-biters. Not me. Gimme a blowout any day of the week.

Welcome back.

Of course we remember you. How are things? Have you heard, since Game 4 of the ALCS, the Patriots, Red Sox, and Celtics are 29 and 1?:)

That's a crazy ass stat. Who lost one? The Celts? (I only follow NFL football, forgive my ignorance).

Last edited:
This is the post I was remembering :

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showpost.php?p=325468&postcount=8

I'm still jealous but I understand his absence :D

The thing about Brownie is that neither this post:

No. He said he was going to a wedding to pick up chics.

Pretty easy to get the two confused.

nor this post:

Luckily I don't have to turn to Rosey Palmer, my Fiance made a new years resolution to have sex more. So I'm good.

conflict.

You were right. David Patten didn't make the team :D

That thread was one hell of a monster. haha. I remember in the first thread I was pro-Patten and he made the team. The next year I was anti-Patten and he was cut. I was on fire those two years! Since then? I've lost it. lol

Welcome to the club! People here were saying they missed the old nail-biters. Not me. Gimme a blowout any day of the week.

Welcome back.

No ****. I'll take a blowout every single Sunday. Forget the 'drama' of a 3 point win. I want to step on some throats!

Welcome back brownfan. You're still our favorite wr from Marshall

Cautionary Note to Brownfan80:

Be careful around Bella*chick, it's been recently reported that she is nervously stalking Washington Post sports writers in shopping malls.

I'm sure this ties into an inside joke from somewhere.. unfortunately I missed that thread. lol

Did someone from the Washington Post ruffle her tailfeathers (in either a good or bad way)?

Welcome back brownfan. You're still our favorite wr from Marshall

I guess we all find out at 4 PM today what the future of our favorite smurf is.

I've got my fingers crossed!

Hey BF80!! Good to see you! Don't be jilting us again with the Planet, and be sure to tell Box that he's in deep doo doo too!!!! Seriously, we've missed your posts, not to mention sense of humor!

hahaha. Ahhhh the good old days. I'd argue with you for HOURS (days, more like it). hahahaha.

I'm not quite the negative Nancy that I once was. I think I kicked that habit while I was still posting here.

But I did feel some twinges of doubt during the Colts and Eagles games. I'm getting too used to the dominance. When I got reintroduced to the edge of my seat in those two games I didn't much like the territory. ;)

The closest Ive come to worry is being upset that they put themselves in a position where a fluke play could cause a loss.
Vs the Eagles when they didnt score when down, I felt like they were cutting it close, and if something screwy happened on the next possession, they might run out of time.
Not for 0:01 of gametime all year have I thought there was any legitimate chance we werent going to win the game.
Perhaps arrogant, but its just based on what Ive seen.

The closest Ive come to worry is being upset that they put themselves in a position where a fluke play could cause a loss.
Vs the Eagles when they didnt score when down, I felt like they were cutting it close, and if something screwy happened on the next possession, they might run out of time.
Not for 0:01 of gametime all year have I thought there was any legitimate chance we werent going to win the game.
Perhaps arrogant, but its just based on what Ive seen.

You're not alone. I've read the same from many others. I guess my belief needs work. The -'05, '06 feeling- snuck back in during those two games, but only for a little while each. :)

Hey BF80!! Good to see you! Don't be jilting us again with the Planet, and be sure to tell Box that he's in deep doo doo too!!!! Seriously, we've missed your posts, not to mention sense of humor!

I meant no jilt when I switched coasts. I just felt like this place had gotten too big for me (just by my personal tastes at that time, not meant as a knock on the board).

I got to the point where I was arguing more over silly things than posting anything that brought me joy. I feel like I'm past that feeling now, and the Planet in a lot of ways helped me get past it.

So now hopefully I can go from board to board without feeling like a split personality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News