PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How will the Sox due this year?

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Do the Sox have the pitching to win it this year? I know they signed that one starter from Japan but who else do they have?
Here in Carolina they cover Duke and NC and than more collage basketball and than the ACC and finally NASCAR.
Heck; They don't even cover much of the Panthers since the season ended.
I'm not sure there are more than 2 or 3 baseball fans in Charlotte. Nobody I work follows baseball including the World Series!
So, what are you expecting from the Sox this year?
thanks

well, here's what our starting pitching looks like right now:

Schilling
Beckett
Daisuke Matsuzaka
Papelbon
Lester/Wakefield

My concern is our bullpen though.

Here's our batting:

SS - Julio Lugo
1B - Kevin Youkilis
DH - David Ortiz
LF - Manny Ramirez
RF - JD Drew
C - Jason Varitek
3B - Mike Lowell
CF - Coco Crisp
2B - Dustin Pedrioa

I definitly expect nothing less than playoffs.

I expect big things since this Japanese guy is the most talented and skilled pitcher to ever cross the Pacific. Hideo Nomo got two no-nos in MLB and Hideke Irabu wasn't always a 'fat toad,' for a while there he was pretty productive. This guy's a cut above both of them.

Oh, in the interest of board peace I ratted you out to the mods for starting a Red Sox thread on the main board. Its nothing personal. I'm sure some mod will just move it to where it belongs. Its just a matter of not wanting to see this little thread fill up with hate and bile. which is exactly what will happen if it stays here.

Do the Sox have the pitching to win it this year? I know they signed that one starter from Japan but who else do they have?
Here in Carolina they cover Duke and NC and than more collage basketball and than the ACC and finally NASCAR.
Heck; They don't even cover much of the Panthers since the season ended.
I'm not sure there are more than 2 or 3 baseball fans in Charlotte. Nobody I work follows baseball including the World Series!
So, what are you expecting from the Sox this year?
thanks

lol tony you will get a lot of heat for talking about the sox on this part of the board. it is not as bad as it used to be because of the addition of the sox forum, but just get ready to be blasted.

Let's see, the whiney ass baseball players will make ton's of money for sittng on their ass most of the time. And, they play a sissy game. But, the media will continue to have a crush on them because they are a bunch of sissy boys and football is too hard to understand for them.

Hazel Mea is hot so I'll watch her "recap" just to see her. Hope she drops her pen during a live show.

162-0*

*Optimistic prediction.

MAy 1st Pap back into the pen - lester back to the rotation

May 2nd Manny refuses to take the field because of confusion over Pap being in the pen, wonders why the Sox never did that last year

I am trying to help this place here go with sox talk so feel free to jump in http://www.soxplanet.com/forums/index.php

That's sad to hear- I've always hoped an AL East team (Toronto or Tampa Bay) would move to Charlotte one day. I say AL because the Braves probably draw fans out of the western end of NC. The Nats actually draw some fans out of the Raleigh-Durham area.

I actually think if Charlotte landed an AL East team that they could draw a decent crowd- just think, 18 of the 81 home dates would be against the Yankees or Red Sox. Throw in a 3-game interleague series with the Braves and there's 21 big crowds right there.

Baseball is a sport for overgrown infants (the players that is). Besides..it’s “do” not “due”.

Last edited:
Sox? Why not watch 'Desperate Housewives' instead?
I'd rather watch grass grow than a MLB game.

Sorry guys... I didn't know there was a Sox forum. I always stop by this one

Let's see, the whiney ass baseball players will make ton's of money for sittng on their ass most of the time. And, they play a sissy game. But, the media will continue to have a crush on them because cricket is too hard to understand for them.

Well said. :rofl:

They should trade one of their young arms right now for a proven closer (Pineiro not the answer). That would give them a great chance to finally overtake the Yankees in the AL East this year.

My argyle sox have holes in them, but I have a heavy duty pair of wool sox that really come in handy this time of year.

My argyle sox have holes in them, but I have a heavy duty pair of wool sox that really come in handy this time of year.
Man, it's almost "baseballophobic" around here.

Sorry about that, but the topic dujour in sports around here today is Tim Hardaway coming out that he's completely homophobic, hates gays, etc. This of course his response to ex NBA player John Amaechi coming out with his book. Just curious, what do people that hate baseball do in the several months when football is out of season? I mean, how many Chad Jackson, or should they pick up Randy Moss or Jerry Porter threads can you stand reading here?

No bullpen, no closer = not good

bah proven closers are overrated in the regular season. i'd love to have one but guys often step into the role and do just fine. and rather than just hope one guy can do it the sox have options so if one guy can't handle it maybe one of the other 4 candidates can.

whoever ends up the closer will win the role through competition. it's almost Belichickian.

as long as they have someone they can trust in the 9th when the playoffs roll around they'll be ok. Didn't the last two world series winners feature closers who weren't in that role when the season began?

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
Back