PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How much trade value does Randy Moss have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moss trade = minimal short term gain vs. large [potential] negative impact = more bad then good when it comes to trade value. Which means it would [potentially] cost more to trade him then whatever we'd get in return for trading him. Hence - Moss trade value = LESS THEN ZERO.
Patriot in NY, at least you have warrants for why you said something. I'll give you that. Thank you for at least attempting a sensible answer to the question, even if I disagree with it. What you're basically saying is that to trade him now would leverage his own good faith (in signing an affordable, short-term contract) against him for the Patriots' profit. That is a good argument. Bully for you.

You asked a STUPID question and got smoked for it, and deservedly so, from many directions....Hey, everyone - let's deal Brady! I mean, gosh, imagine what HE could bring in!

Patsox, asking how much each player on the roster would bring in trade is never, ever stupid. Nobody has "smoked" me on this thread. Some people have considered the question. Patriot in NY presented a scenario as to why it would be bad for New England. Simply saying "Bwhaaaaat? Trade Randy Moss? That's so stupid!" is not a response or an argument. First, because it is possible his best value to the Pats is in a trade. Second, because I never said we *should* trade Randy Moss.

You mock me by suggesting we but Brady on the trade block -- but I never said we should seek to trade any player. I asked if Randy Moss is worth more, less, or the same than when we got him in April. It's a simple question, far less provacative than you seem to think.

You mock me by suggesting we but Brady on the trade block -- but I never said we should seek to trade any player. I asked if Randy Moss is worth more, less, or the same than when we got him in April. It's a simple question, far less provacative than you seem to think.

Randy is not on any sort of trading block and won't be, but as of today, I don't see why he would be worth anymore than a 4th round pick. Sure he has all the potential in the world, but he's currently injured and he's been an average receiver the last 2 years at best.

Patsox, asking how much each player on the roster would bring in trade is never, ever stupid. Nobody has "smoked" me on this thread. Some people have considered the question. Patriot in NY presented a scenario as to why it would be bad for New England. Simply saying "Bwhaaaaat? Trade Randy Moss? That's so stupid!" is not a response or an argument. First, because it is possible his best value to the Pats is in a trade. Second, because I never said we *should* trade Randy Moss.

Hey, cool! He can be idiotic AAAAAAND disingenuous. Don't insult our intelligence with this weasely back step, like you were somehow innocently just wond'rin'! Just musing - for no reason whatsoever - what the Pats could get for Moss. No implication there, nope, no sir! Give it a rest. You got caught, you messed up, that's fine. It's the aftermath that's made you look the worst - and you know it. Don't be a weasel by pretending this is something else.

asking how much each player on the roster would bring in trade is never, ever stupid.

I never said we *should* trade Randy Moss.

Your initial quote - ACTUAL. RIGHT THERE FOR US ALL TO SEE: "Why trade Caldwell when you can trade Moss?"

Like I said. Disingenuous. Weasely. Try truth-telling. It's easier.

P.S. Smoked.

Last edited:
I hate to admit it but patsox23 is correct in saying there is NO chance in the world that Randy Moss is going to be traded - not this year and probably not next year unless we decide not to keep him for financial reasons.

However in my post regarding Morris's expected help in the running game's success this year is another thing .

Pat64, I appreciate the back-up. I still think it's nuts to think Maroney and Morris will be essentially splitting time (or coming close to that) but we'll just have to see.

Pat64, I appreciate the back-up. I still think it's nuts to think Maroney and Morris will be essentially splitting time (or coming close to that) but we'll just have to see.

No problem patsox23 - I got your back ;)

He's signed to an inexpensive one-year deal and NE has a lot depth. Why trade Caldwell when you can trade Moss? Think someone will pay to rent him for a season?
Too late. Anyone else notice that he had fewer catches this week than he did last week? Or that he barely got half as many yards this week as last. His yards per catch dropped way down.

Who knows where this downward spiral will end. No one would want him now. SHould have cut him when we had the chance. Now we are on the hook for his entire 2007 salary.

We're doomed. :bricks:

Okay, I'm ecstatic with Moss. And Welker. And Thomas.

This is going to be an awesome year!

This thread deserves to go into the Hall of Shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes