PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How much trade value does Randy Moss have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol, I didn't realize I was so stupid and ignorant. I guess I should never post again for floating a simple question. You guys are awfully hard on people. Lighten up a little bit.

Sorry for the harsh responses you got by people on here, and you're definitely right that it isn't one of the stupidest posts I've seen on here. But to answer your question, I don't think any teams are looking to acquire Moss right now. Like you said, it's a one year deal. Everyone wants to see how he responds, and then they can go after him after this year if he has a worthwhile season. And that's just one end of the deal... I also don't think the Patriots have trading Moss on their mind, but I'm definitely not as sure about this side as the other one, because you just never know with the Pats. I actually wouldn't even be shocked if he was cut...

Last edited:
Why the hell would we want to trade him before we get a chance to see what he can do for this team, offense, and brady's stats. and secondly we are already pretty well set up for next years draft.

I dont think theres any reason we trade Moss nor do I think he would take too kindly to it.

Also, you're fools to think Belichick has taken any options off the table. He will do anything he needs to and it has surprised us before. If I'd told you the Patriots would/should cut Lawyer Milloy at this time in 2003 I'd have been called an idiot, too.

The original post you made was so dumb it was halarious.

hope this helps:)

lol, I didn't realize I was so stupid and ignorant. I guess I should never post again for floating a simple question. You guys are awfully hard on people. Lighten up a little bit.

I'm actually not one of the Moss skeptics. I think he's going to be fine. The concerns about his attitude and injury are overblown. I was just looking at the recieving corps and wondering about trade value. Moss is signed to a deal which is (a) team friendly, and (b) very short. That wasn't the case in Oakland. Does that make him worth more than the fourth rounder than we paid for him when he was under contract with Oakland?

Seriously, my question is a lot more restrained than the people starting threads like "CALDWELL OR GAFFNEY WILL BE TRADED BY FRIDAY!!!!" If you're only going to post to a thread to imply the writer is on drugs maybe you shouldn't post at all.

NONE OF WHAT YOU'VE POSTED HERE IS VALID. None of it. It's full of false choices and assumptions. And FTR, what you posed was an IDIOTIC question. Ask a halfway decent one and you'll get a better response.

Also, you're fools to think Belichick has taken any options off the table. He will do anything he needs to and it has surprised us before. If I'd told you the Patriots would/should cut Lawyer Milloy at this time in 2003 I'd have been called an idiot, too.

I think he has taken MYRIAD options off the table. Tom Brady will not be traded. The Patriots will not employ a strictly 4-3 defensive alignment. Ben Watson will not be used ONLY as a blocker. The Patriots will not trade Vince Wilfork. I could go on for hours.

Listen, I know it was harsh, but you asked an absolutely IDIOTIC question, so were called an idiot. Deal with it and come back with your A material.

Last edited:
At first I thought you were talking about trading him at the end of this season. A totally legitimate question that completely hinges on his production this year. We could get a lot for the guy if he plays really well. And with the myriad of recievers this team has right now we'll probably go defensive...possibly LB if we do decide to deal him.

As far as right now is concerned I don't think that he will get traded based not only on the responses you got from all of the angry people on here. I also think the local media believes that Moss is the second coming of Jesus if our offense is concerned.
It's just to late to deal a guy who's numbers have been declining for anything that has value to NE.

Why in the name of all that's holy and decent in this world would you want to trade Moss?????

Well, I didn't think it was a stupid question. I wouldn't exactly put it in the category of "intriguing options," but that's not to say it isn't a funny thing to think about.

I think the harsh responses are because (1) since it would never happen it's not really worth taking seriously other than as a hypothetical, (2) if we tried to trade him before he ever took a snap, nobody would take him because they'd assume there's a big problem with him, and (3) to lure a guy into signing a very favorable contract because he wants to play for your team uniquely and then to trade him would probably so poison the well in the future that we'd undo about 10 years of buying good will with free agents in about a nanosecond.

But if I understand the intent of the original post it's that's we need to trade a WR, and we have this great talent that we gave just a fourth rounder for who signed for a very cap friendly amount of money and who could probably fetch lots more than the other WRs we'd consider trading. I'm going to give the OP a break and note that the post was as much about noting this somewhat interesting situation as it was proposing that a trade might actually happen. (Gulp)

Well, I didn't think it was a stupid question. I wouldn't exactly put it in the category of "intriguing options," but that's not to say it isn't a funny thing to think about.

I think the harsh responses are because (1) since it would never happen it's not really worth taking seriously other than as a hypothetical, (2) if we tried to trade him before he ever took a snap, nobody would take him because they'd assume there's a big problem with him, and (3) to lure a guy into signing a very favorable contract because he wants to play for your team uniquely and then to trade him would probably so poison the well in the future that we'd undo about 10 years of buying good will with free agents in about a nanosecond.

But if I understand the intent of the original post it's that's we need to trade a WR, and we have this great talent that we gave just a fourth rounder for who signed for a very cap friendly amount of money and who could probably fetch lots more than the other WRs we'd consider trading. I'm going to give the OP a break and note that the post was as much about noting this somewhat interesting situation as it was proposing that a trade might actually happen. (Gulp)

HOW DARE YOU contaminate this overreactive gang response (to which I am a huge contributor) with something like compassion and understanding?!

Apologies for my overly snarky replies. I do think it's a silly question to propose and BEYOND unlikely to happen, but there's no need for me to be such a grade-A jerk about it.

He's signed to an inexpensive one-year deal and NE has a lot depth. Why trade Caldwell when you can trade Moss? Think someone will pay to rent him for a season?

Sorry, this line of the initial post is what launched this oterhwise semi-reasonable question into lunacy.

Why trade Caldwell when you can trade Moss?

Sorry, but that makes this question pretty silly. I'll answer the inital question as best I can, out of good faith.

LESS THEN ZERO. (see other the other responses as to why).

That's more or less what I was going for, thanks for understanding.:)

Sorry, but that makes this question pretty silly. I'll answer the inital question as best I can, out of good faith.

LESS THEN ZERO. (see other the other responses as to why).

You've just qualified yourself as a moron. I ask a question: Is it possible that Randy Moss has the best value to the Patriots as trade? Implicit in my question is the argument that New England is strong enough to win the Super Bowl without Moss.

Your response: That question is pretty silly. End.

Then you say Randy Moss has negative trade value. AND YOU TYPED IT IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS. Your village called; they are looking for their idiot.

You've just qualified yourself as a moron. I ask a question: Is it possible that Randy Moss has the best value to the Patriots as trade? Implicit in my question is the argument that New England is strong enough to win the Super Bowl without Moss.

Then you say Randy Moss has negative trade value. AND YOU TYPED IT IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS. Your village called; they are looking for their idiot.

Way to go with the personal attacks..... last I checked calling someone a MORON violated forum rules and is, in general, not a very nice thing to do. This ain't the political forum........ have a little respect and put your nose back in joint.

Nice nuance too :rolleyes: ......... you did not ask "Is it possible that Randy Moss has the best value to the Patriots as trade?", You asked - How much trade value does Randy Moss have? ....... and you qualified it with "Why trade Caldwell when you can trade Moss?", as if the two players are comparable in value. :confused: IMO, that's kinda silly, and I said so.

Don't go changing the goalposts now.

I replied to your initial question "How much value....." with less the zero. Because of how he came to us (taking less money, etc....) and the fact that so far, he's done nothing show that he's not "towing the company line" or otherwise causing internal issues to the club, and may be injured to boot........ Throwing him under the bus by trading him away for a draft pick or two would, as been stated, have long term ramifications on the Patriots as a whole. Any short term benefit any trade could bring would far be outweighed by the negatives that come with treating [potentially injured] FA's like pieces of SH!T when they don't deserve it. It would /could impact the ability to bring in any quality future FA's on board down the road, both from within and outside the club.

Moss trade = minimal short term gain vs. large [potential] negative impact = more bad then good when it comes to trade value. Which means it would [potentially] cost more to trade him then whatever we'd get in return for trading him. Hence - Moss trade value = LESS THEN ZERO.

But yeah............... I'm the idiot here and you’re the genius. Think I'll go looking for that village now. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, and another thing........

Implicit in my question is the argument that New England is strong enough to win the Super Bowl without Moss.

On an internet BB, there is nothing implicit to the question. It you wanna imply, just friggen say it. As In: Seeing that New England is strong enough to win the Super Bowl without him, does anyone think there is any trade value for Randy Moss?. The answer would still be no but you woulda got better responses from the entire group.

Last edited:
He's signed to an inexpensive one-year deal and NE has a lot depth. Why trade Caldwell when you can trade Moss? Think someone will pay to rent him for a season?

I don't understand your question because I don't speak 'idiot'.

Thanks for posing this crazy question....not because I think this is intriguing to think about, but because I am having a great time reading the responses from fellow posters.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Well, here I was trying to get back into the swing of things with a better attitude, trying to rescind my snarky attitude from earlier in the thread. At this point, with your latest reply, F that. You asked a STUPID question and got smoked for it, and deservedly so, from many directions. Some of us tried to think better of it, and grant you leniency and respect you didn't ultimately deserve, and then you come back with THIS?! You call someone else a moron?

Wow. LOL! What a complete and utter TOOL move. Hey, everyone - let's deal Brady! I mean, gosh, imagine what HE could bring in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes