PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How much for Michael Huff???

Status
Not open for further replies.

RxJock1120

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I know that we are suppose to post this in the draft forum, but there are so much more responsive posters here, so sorry guys. How much do you think it would take to move up to the 9th pick and grab Michael Huff out of Texas. Here's a pretty good review: http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/s/michaelhuff.html
He's a ballhawk with sub 4.40 speed and a great tackler. I think he would be a perfect fit here, in many different ways. He would be the understudy to Harrison for a couple of years. He could start by playing free safety allowing us to move Wilson to cornerback, and once Rodney hits the wall and won't be able to do the job, we all know its gonna come within the next 2-3 years, he would be a great replacement. Also during the years Rodney can still get it done, we would have amazing flexibility by shuffling him around with Wilson between corner and safety. The kind of flexibility that BB has been known for.
Personally, since we have extra pick in every round past the second, I could live with giving up to 4 draft picks. Possibly, the 1st, 3rd, 5th, and 7th for the 9th overall. I think that BB knew that this years draft class was full of talent and thats why he traded out of a few picks last year to gain this years picks. Plus we have a lot of cap and need a few great players as opposed to a lot of guality players. What do you guys think???

More than the Patriots are willing to pay, so what else matters? Agreed that Huff would look great in a Pats uniform, but if it's going to take moving up to #9, then that almost definitely means giving up a #1 next year too, which they won't do.

RxJock1120 said:
Personally, since we have extra pick in every round past the second, I could live with giving up to 4 draft picks. Possibly, the 1st, 3rd, 5th, and 7th for the 9th overall.
I doubt that would get us from 21 to 9. Without looking at a value chart, our #2 would likely have to be involved. I'd like Huff be I doubt we'll trade higher than 15. Which is why Chad Jackson piques my interest as a possible trade up as he may make it to 15-17.

i too would love ed reed..., i mean michael huff ;)

the thing is we couldnt trade to number 9, we'd have to at least trade to number 8 since the lions might take him at 9

so here are some trades that could get us the number 8 pick by looking at value chart:

Pats give: #21 overall in 06 and first rd pick in 07 and get: #8 overall in 06 and third rd pick in 06

Pats give: first rd pick in 06, second rd pick in 06, later third rd pick in 06, and later fourth rd pick in 06 and get: #8 overall

Pats give: first rd in 06, both third rders in 06, early fifth rder in 06, and third rd in 07, and get: #8 overall

there are some other mix and matches they could do but you get the point

patsfan55 said:
i too would love ed reed..., i mean michael huff ;)

the thing is we couldnt trade to number 9, we'd have to at least trade to number 8 since the lions might take him at 9

so here are some trades that could get us the number 8 pick by looking at value chart:

Pats give: #21 overall in 06 and first rd pick in 07 and get: #8 overall in 06 and third rd pick in 06

Pats give: first rd pick in 06, second rd pick in 06, later third rd pick in 06, and later fourth rd pick in 06 and get: #8 overall

Pats give: first rd in 06, both third rders in 06, early fifth rder in 06, and third rd in 07, and get: #8 overall

there are some other mix and matches they could do but you get the point

I've heard that next year first round (in this case 2007) pick has only half the value of this year first round pick in trades.

They won't move up, IMO, because you are sacrificing a chance to get two really good players, especially in what seems to be a deep draft. That's not to devalue Huff, but it is unlikely that he would be worth a first (say, Manny Lawson) plus the player not drafted (perhaps Joseph Addai, going off German Gilbert's mock).

RxJock1120 said:
I know that we are suppose to post this in the draft forum, but there are so much more responsive posters here, so sorry guys.

Great way to show respect and make friends on the board. Guess who just painted a target on his chest?

I would trade up for him, even if Rodney comes back at 100%, IF Huff falls to 15 or so. Anything higher than that is too much. However he is that good. Except for height, he has all the qualities BB looks for in a player.

I will never forget how stupid this idiot looked in that Brushi is done thread lol. He ruined his credibilty forever then.

Let's get this straight right now. The Patriots are not, I repeat, are NOT gonna give up 3 to 4 quality picks to move up to #8........ No way, No how!

KDPpatsfan said:
I will never forget how stupid this idiot looked in that Brushi is done thread lol. He ruined his credibilty forever then.
I had to reread that whole thread... what a hilarious farce. I'm a medical student, I'm not a medical student, I am a medical student but I just said I wasn't a medical student to see what you would say, no wait, I'm not a med student. Classic stuff, plus the thread where PATSummerallofthe80s came out of his Stiller's Troll Closet and our beloved Chowder offered up discount plastic surgery for true Patriots fans. :) Ahhh... good times. Why does that thread seem like it happened so long ago?

It is purely guilt by association to say Huff will be yet another TXU bomb, but there have have been enough of them that I'd stay away from him, period, let alone trade up for him.

Outside of QB's we have no interest in; Bush, Ferguson, Hawk, Davis, and maybe Mario Williams, are the only CERTIFIED (as far as pre-draft assessments can go) super elites in this draft. Trading up more than one or two spots for anyone else would be the exact measure of your GM's ineptitude. The type of player availible at 21 us is really no different than the player taken around number 10 - the hyped up QB's and the few other guaranteed stars will be long gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News