PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How has your thinking changed?

We seem to be fine with Hooman starting when Gronk isn't able to play.

Hooman had 13 catches despite starting 10 games... I don't know what your definition of fine is.

Half of hooman's catches were blown coverages and teams not accounting for him because they weren't the least bit afraid of him

I'm now fully on board with the notion of trading next year's first round pick to get a good 2nd rounder this year.

I'm now fully on board with the notion of trading next year's first round pick to get a good 2nd rounder this year.
I'm surprised you weren't fully on board with that from the get-go. This year's draft is much deeper than next year's appears to be at this point. Only reason I've only passively mentioned it a couple of times is because I don't expect the Pats to do that.

I'm surprised you weren't fully on board with that from the get-go. This year's draft is much deeper than next year's appears to be at this point. Only reason I've only passively mentioned it a couple of times is because I don't expect the Pats to do that.

I had mentioned it as a possibility earlier. I'm just more on board with it now.

Another thing to think about is that the rest of the NFL has been grabbing up TEs after seeing our success, that means overdrafting at the position which will cause a surplus at other positions. Maybe we should be innovating on offense instead of chasing after our 2 TE dream?

No, the 2 TE dream works, this is nothing new, BB was looking for this offense from a long time, and he did hit with Gronk and Hernandez, but the main ingredient is Brady, you put Gronk and Hernandez in 28/32 NFL teams and doesn't work.

Brady excels playing in the middle, we are already stacked with slot receivers, bring back the TE's and we are back in 2010, without that PATHETIC defense. Plus taking off the pressure from the receivers we draft last year and they will certainly contribute as expected.

Brady is old, the bombs will become even more rare, we need to move the chains by the middle with those mismatches and then burn with the receivers.

Its a copycat league. Teams have been trying to duplicate what Hernandez and Gronk brought to the table ever since they teamed up in 2010. But defenses do catch up.

I think a high powered two TE offense is the answer to the pressure defenses like Seattle and SF as it forces them to spend more time defending the middle of the field and the TE's and makes it harder for them to get to the QB fast enough to cause the problems they cause when you are depending more on the outside receivers, as Denver found out in the SB. In the last game against the Seahawks the Patriots gave them fits inside as Welker had almost 140 yards and gronk another 60. Hernandez had 6 catches but for only 30 yards but overall they did their damage in the middle of the field and outplayed the Seahawks all day long in Seattle. They didn't get the win because of a big broken play late but that's as tough a game as the Hawks have had at home in the that couple of seasons.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back