PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

How About OL ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Winston??? No...I may pass on him..unless he really falls...They should draft an OL sometime..but there are plenty around..a C sure..not a blue chipper..maybe Eslinger..or even Ross but that may not be what they wish for..The line is pretty solid..backups..versatility maybe needed more..

Pats726 said:
Winston??? No...I may pass on him..unless he really falls.....
I'm not advocating drafting Winston. I'm saying don't be surprised if it happens. Like I said, if he's fully healthy, he would be the "value pick" BB & SP refer to. He definately fits the profile of a Pats lineman. The last time I checked, RT is a bit of a weak area and if BB doesn't think Kaczur can hold down that spot, Winston could be the answer.

borisman said:
and if BB doesn't think Kaczur can hold down that spot, Winston could be the answer.
If Belichick doesn't like Kaczur as a starter, I expect a RT #1 whether it's Winston or McNeil.

borisman said:
He definately fits the profile of a Pats lineman.
I think BB/SP may have a problem with his attitude. I would take Whitworth before him. McNeil?? If his back is OK..that is a major concern. They will take a lineman..maybe not that high.

Pats726 said:
I think BB/SP may have a problem with his attitude. I would take Whitworth before him. McNeil?? If his back is OK..that is a major concern. They will take a lineman..maybe not that high.

I like Whitworth's nastiness, but he is said to have the worst footwork of all the day one linemen. It can be corrected if he has the right attitude.

BelichickFan said:
If Belichick doesn't like Kaczur as a starter, I expect a RT #1 whether it's Winston or McNeil.

How could you not consider Kaczur a starter? Before Light got hurt, Kaczur was rotating with Ashworth at RT - an indication that it was just a matter of time before he replaced him. And considering he was a rookie, the expectation is for him to get better.

The 2 guys I like are Daryn Colledge and Jason Spitz. Colledge is a pretty good OT prospect, which I don't think is a need. But in the 3rd round, he becomes pretty good value. Spitz would be pretty good value in the 4th as a G/C prospect. He'd probably be an upgreade over Mruc as a rookie and could start at C if Koppen leaves.

dryheat44 said:
I like Whitworth's nastiness, but he is said to have the worst footwork of all the day one linemen. It can be corrected if he has the right attitude.
If anything..his attitude is what will help make him a player...which is why I like him a lot. Things like that can be corrected..attitude adjustments are a LOT harder.

bucky said:
How could you not consider Kaczur a starter? Before Light got hurt, Kaczur was rotating with Ashworth at RT - an indication that it was just a matter of time before he replaced him. And considering he was a rookie, the expectation is for him to get better.
I hope Kaczur can do it. He was as good as could be expected at LT but he wasn't exactly a revelation. It's entirely possible they don't think he's a long term starter - or that they do. Based on last year it's impossible to say IMO.

BelichickFan said:
I hope Kaczur can do it. He was as good as could be expected at LT but he wasn't exactly a revelation. It's entirely possible they don't think he's a long term starter - or that they do. Based on last year it's impossible to say IMO.

I agree we can't know what the they're thinking. But we know he beat out Gorin in TC last year. And based on my personal observations, he will be better RT than Ashworth was. So that's good enough for me.

bucky said:
I agree we can't know what the they're thinking. But we know he beat out Gorin in TC last year. And based on my personal observations, he will be better RT than Ashworth was. So that's good enough for me.
I would like nothing more. Our DL is signed through 2009 - if Kaczur is our RT then our OL is also except for Koppen.

BelichickFan said:
Winston, athletic LT good! McNeil, leadfooted benchwarmer, bad! McNeil was eaten alive by speed rushers in the Senior Bowl, at RT. If you want a RT roadgrader, Andrew Whitworth or Charles Spencer, but I think Winston would be just fine as a swing tackle to backstop Light and Kaczur. I expect Britt to be competitive in camp, but until we know what he is capable of doing, grab another first day LT, or at least grab Guy Whimper in the 4th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft