PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Parker is our unperforming #4 WR

He telegraphs his throws ... not good.
And completely overthrew him...

Mac also got saved by Ty Montgomery, who ripped an interception away from a Raider's LB that would have ended the game in the second half.

I’m blown away they extended this doofus and let Hopkins get away.

You need to lower your expectations when it comes to these kinds of players at these positions with the Patriots.

You need to lower your expectations when it comes to these kinds of players at these positions with the Patriots.
Hoping for big changes this off-season, especially with this position but will see.

his answer as to him missing the catch is inexcusable.

most normal plays would take accountability.

One of the reasons that the Patriots got into this mess is their endless search for bargains and their practice of chiseling away on offers/contracts looking to save that last penny. They are still at it and have not learned their lesson. As a result, the Patriots suck so bad that no one is going to want to play for them next year, and they will only be able to attract also-ran players who are desperate for a contract. And they will have to pay top dollar for mediocre / past-glory talent leading to more disasters like Parker.

They really muffed it earlier this year when there was a tiny ray of hope for the Patriots, but forget getting talented FAs next year. No one will want to play for the Patriots: Bad team, bad weather, hard playing surface, stern coach, and bitter, spoiled fans (like us).

To make matters worse Carter is lighting it up.

I knew you believe facts are misinformation. You are one of them. I am 100% correct. I am talking about cap saving and not dead money. I was talking pre-June 1 cut and trade.
yes, my bad. I assumed that you were looking at the $240k saved and not looking at the dead cap.
I could see a new staff coming in and cutting their losses with both Parker and JuJu

One of the reasons that the Patriots got into this mess is their endless search for bargains and their practice of chiseling away on offers/contracts looking to save that last penny. They are still at it and have not learned their lesson. As a result, the Patriots suck so bad that no one is going to want to play for them next year, and they will only be able to attract also-ran players who are desperate for a contract. And they will have to pay top dollar for mediocre / past-glory talent leading to more disasters like Parker.

They really muffed it earlier this year when there was a tiny ray of hope for the Patriots, but forget getting talented FAs next year. No one will want to play for the Patriots: Bad team, bad weather, hard playing surface, stern coach, and bitter, spoiled fans (like us).

Problem is a player may take less to play with Brady for a Superbowl winning team. See Gronk, amendola, mccourty, hightower who all ended up taking less. In Gronk/amendola case bill still screwed them over which is why there is animosity there.

They won't for a bottom feeder. Bill thinks he's smart by nickel and diming guys. When reality is they only accepted it for a chance at a ring/to play with Brady.

I'm sure watching the team not even extend an offer to a guy should represent doing everything right for a team in Meyers won't sit well with people. Also low balling Brady to save pennies is what pushed him out the door.

Poor drafting plus lowballing players so you are left with the bottom of the barrel type guys doesn't win you games. It gets you this....

yes, my bad. I assumed that you were looking at the $240k saved and not looking at the dead cap.
I could see a new staff coming in and cutting their losses with both Parker and JuJu

No problem. You use of the post-June 1st might be relevant anyway. If they cannot get a trade partner and they want more cap space in 2024, cutting him with a June 1st designation would be the smarter way to go.

But my overall point is if they want to get rid of him, there will be no negative affect to their overall cap in an effort to rebuild the team. Anytime you cut a player under contract, there is almost always dead money. But usually when you cut a player in year two of extension (actually the first year of the actual extension), his dead money is more than the cap hit if he is on the roster. Luckily, Parker's dead money is less which makes him easily cutable or tradeable if they want to get rid of him.

One of the biggest problems associated with bringing in FA is that those players usually don't feel the same level of commitment as players who started and developed on the team. After the 2009 team 'I can't get through to these guys', the Pats made it a focus to draft players that were team captains to help with the leadership in the locker room. Parker's veteran leadership skills are worse than his on field performance. His not my fault attitude is a bad message to the rest of the players. Any way you look at it getting rid of him is addition by subtraction.

Doubling down on Parker.
Juju over Jakobi.
Tyquan in round 2.
Sanu for a 2.
Harry in the 1st.

Chess > checkers

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick