PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Parker is our unperforming #4 WR

Sure, cut Parker and pay the additional cap cost. [yes, he is dogging it out there; should we cut everyone NOW who is doing the same?)

Parker's 2024 salary is fully guaranteed.

Given our situation, we should be PLAYING Parker. If has an OK game in the next two, trade him for a conditional 7th. This would be a major win for the patriots.

I'd say the same for Schuster, except that he is injured and is unlikely to be able to pass a physical.

I know he won't be cut. I just think he should be for that performance.

And whether or not his contract is fully guaranteed next year, it shouldn't be a factor in whether they keep him or not. Dead weight is not worth having even if he is making millions. His cap charges don't go up if he is cut or traded. If they cut him, they get back $240k and whatever he signs for with another team. If they trade him, they get back like $3 million. Either of those things will be better than having him on the roster anymore.

Cut this ****ing bum. Get him out of my face. Felt that way before hearing his asinine comments after the game. The fact the Bill doubled down and re-signed this guy is all I need to know to confidently state that he has completely lost it from a player personnel standpoint.

Oh look, with another atrocious outing, Parker is now officially DEAD LAST IN SEPARATION FOUR YEARS IN A ROW.

Separation stats:
2020: 1.7yds - DEAD LAST
2021: 1.7yds - DEAD LAST
2022: 1.7yds - DEAD LAST
2023: 1.9yds - DEAD LAST so far

I thought this signing was horrendous originally, but tried to be optimistic. I was on a family trip while I saw the news and couldn't believe how positive everyone was in the original signing thread a year and a half ago, as all but 3 other people (BourneAgain, insano, and borg) thought this signing was okay all the way up to "we got a #1 for a steal!" I thought I was going crazy. Then a number o'y'all tried to dismiss my separation warnings... Sigh... Re-signing him after 3 years dead last in separation was the final nail for me. WR Blind spot would be a gigantic understatement.

To be fair I think the Patriots WR as a group are dead last in separation. So maybe its intentional on Bill's part.

If all your WR cannot get separation then the opposing DC doesn't know who to cover:cool:

The Pats keep signing everybody else's cast offs as if they have some secret insight, but they don't. We fans are so desperate we keep falling for it. "This time will be different; THIS 30+ year old guy who has lost his critical advantage so that a mediocre team has no use for him, will be the answer!"

And I have to wonder if the rest of the League is starting to leak rumors out about guys being available just to see if the Pats will bite again. Its like the whole bar knows I fall for broke, buxom blonds and a few days after my latest disaster ends, one shows up miraculously and everybody just sits around to watch me fall for her .

I actually thing Douglas and Boutte were excellent picks. Drafting in volume for long shot guys is ONE PART of the solution. The other two parts - the high end of the draft and FA, have been failures. We need two of the three to work.

Parker has been my biggest disappointment this year so far, has yet to show up. Has the size & skills to be much more impactful. A guy with his experience can't drop that ball in that situation.

Second biggest disappointment has been Strange, mainly cause we don't have a good answer at that spot without him.

Sure, cut Parker and pay the additional cap cost. [yes, he is dogging it out there; should we cut everyone NOW who is doing the same?)

Parker's 2024 salary is fully guaranteed.

Given our situation, we should be PLAYING Parker. If has an OK game in the next two, trade him for a conditional 7th. This would be a major win for the patriots.

I'd say the same for Schuster, except that he is injured and is unlikely to be able to pass a physical.
Why do people keep saying Juju is injured? Other than the concussion he hasn't been on the injury report and Bill said he's healthy. He is just crappy and can't play football. The Chiefs let him walk because they knew the knee is toast but Bill paid him anyways because he was pissy with Jakobi.

And whether or not his contract is fully guaranteed next year, it shouldn't be a factor in whether they keep him or not. Dead weight is not worth having even if he is making millions. His cap charges don't go up if he is cut or traded. If they cut him, they get back $240k and whatever he signs for with another team. If they trade him, they get back like $3 million. Either of those things will be better than having him on the roster anymore.
not sure where you are getting your numbers
if they cut him after the season and designate him as a post June 1 cut, they eat $4.8m in dead cap and save $1.8m against the cap.

1697491840554.jpeg

Last edited:
forget about the drop for the moment. Parker is one of the poster boys for the "what is going on here" decision made by the Pats.
last season, he had some nagging injury issues. he was never a great separator running routes. ever. the team drafted Thornton, DD and Boutte the past 2 drafts. the team signed JuJu.
Parker was signed for this season. he had a non guaranteed salary of $6m.
I could see taking a wait and see approach. if Parker was passed by DD, Boutte or Thornton, the team could move him out. why extend the player, giving him more money?
now they are stuck with him.
bad decision that has worked out poorly

not sure where you are getting your numbers
if they cut him after the season and designate him as a post June 1 cut, they eat $4.8m in dead cap and save $1.8m against the cap.

If they cut him pre-June 1 they get a cap savings of $240k and a if they trade him they get a cap savings of $3.4 million in 2024. I said cap savings and not dead money.

I got it from the same place. My numbers are correct. I never said he would get a post-June 1 designation.

Last edited:
We do not have a #1 to dictate the coverage ...
They are not #1's or maybe not #2's ... not their fault IMO.

He is way overpaid ... not his fault either ... straight cash homie.
Who the hell says pay me less you are over valuing me.

Mannie Fresh Juvenile GIF by Cash Money

Last edited:
If they cut him they get a cap savings of $240k and a if they trade him they get a cap savings of $3.4 million in 2024. I said cap savings and not dead money. Read it again. I got it from the same place.

EDIT: You appear to be looking at 2023. If he is cut after the season, it will be in the 2024 NFL year.

If they cut him, they take hit of $6.3M and save chump change of 240K. Completely the opposite of the point you were trying to make that they’re going to “get back” money and they can basically move on without consequences. More misleading ****.

If they cut him, they take hit of $6.3M and save chump change of 240K. Completely the opposite of the point you were trying to make that they’re going to “get back” money and they can basically move on without consequences. More misleading ****.

Really?!? I was talking cap savings. Which the $240k is exactly what I am talking about. I was saying it was easy for the Pats to cut or trade Parker next offseason because there is no negative cap implications. If they cut or trade him, they get money back on the cap.

Your obsession with me has screwed up your brain.

Really?!? I was talking cap savings. Which the $240k is exactly what I am talking about. I was saying it was easy for the Pats to cut or trade Parker next offseason because there is no negative cap implications. If they cut or trade him, they get money back on the cap.

Your obsession with me has screwed up your brain.

Next offseason is 2024. They will be eating $6.3M but you’re pointing out they’re saving 240K. Less than 4%. They “get money back on the cap” is a moronic take on the situation.

Next offseason is 2024. They will be eating $6.3M but you’re pointing out they’re saving 240K. Less than 4%. They “get money back on the cap” is a moronic take on the situation.

They are going to be eating $6.3ish million in cap space if he is on the roster. If they cut him, his cap hit goes down by $240k. If they trade him, it goes down by $3.4 million. This isn’t a hard concept to understand.

Again they do get money back on the 2024 cap. That is a fact.

And just because you can’t understand my point that there is no negative cap ramifications for cutting a guy who is quickly becoming dead weight anyway doesn’t change that fact. It isn’t like if they cut him his cap number goes up.

But you are done here. Your petty obsession with me isn’t worth further derailing a thread over.

They are going to be eating $6.3ish million in cap space if he is on the roster. If they cut him, his cap hit goes down by $240k. If they trade him, it goes down by $3.4 million. This isn’t a hard concept to understand.

Again they do get money back on the 2024 cap. That is a fact.

And just because you can’t understand my point that there is no negative cap ramifications for cutting a guy who is quickly becoming dead weight anyway doesn’t change that fact. It isn’t like if they cut him his cap number goes up.

But you are done here. Your petty obsession with me isn’t worth further derailing a thread over.

You sound like a dumb girl who got caught cheating. YoU’rE oBsEsSeD wiTh Me U sTaLkEr!

You posted something very stupid and got corrected.

The salary is over 96% guaranteed for 2024, unless there’s in improbable trade. Stop with the ******** spin with only posting the miniscule cap savings and not the giant **** of a cap hit. Misleading to attempt to hide the stupidity of this contract doesn’t make you a good fan.

You sound like a dumb girl who got caught cheating. YoU’rE oBsEsSeD wiTh Me U sTaLkEr!

You posted something very stupid and got corrected.

The salary is over 96% guaranteed for 2024, unless there’s in improbable trade. Stop with the ******** spin with only posting the miniscule cap savings and not the giant **** of a cap hit. Misleading to attempt to hide the stupidity of this contract doesn’t make you a good fan.

Thanks for the kind words. I wish I could repay them. But I think the fact you clearly aren’t getting the point is repayment enough. Love you. Don’t ever change.

Here’s a video of Mac with a wide open Hunter Henry in front of him.

Parker dropped a single pass in a game the Patriots should have been killing the Raiders putrid defense the entire time.

Pat Mahomes has a bunch of #2 and #3 WR’s, they’re 5-1 and one of the better offenses in the NFL. Notice how they’re not embracing excuses like losers.

Mac sucks… period.

He telegraphs his throws ... not good.

I would take a 3 million hit on Parker and 9 million hit on juju and trade them if anyone wants .

1.5 years of Parker for 3.5 million and q.5 years of juju for 5 million is reasonable for maybe chiefs and another team looking for wr 3 or 4 . Lions or BUCS might be buyers for a 7th round pick.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back