PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Houston it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am actually glad we have Houston. We at least know today who the opponent is, as opposed to waiting tomorrow to find out had the Bengals won. That extra day is quite valuable for the coaches and we can be certain that they are all in their offices right now working on the game plan.

To tell you the truth, the Pats have played all three teams this year and both the Colts and Texans fairly recently. I don't know if Belichick needs the extra day to prepare. It is more necessary if it was an opponent that they haven't faced this year.

ok not bad. We beat them pretty good but i know BB will not allow the players to feel comfortable at all. Too bad this time around we wont have stallworth to stretch the field. yes we have lloyd but they didn't expect us to have stallworth go deep like he did. But dont forget guys this time around we'll have the GRONK back in action along with the starting cast finally!!! Hopefully dennard and talib are good to go and if they were, i really like our chances. Then we just have to see who the broncos will face from tomorrows game. I hope its the ravens. Yes they beat them before pretty badly but what do you think will happen if the broncos face the colts?? Its basically a shoe in for them if anything into the AFCCG

Don't discount the Colts. The Indy staff knows PM and will exploit every weakness he has.

Don't discount the Colts. The Indy staff knows PM and will exploit every weakness he has.

How would the Colts' staff know Peyton Manning? This is a new coach staff and front office from last year. I don't think any of the coaches on the current Colts' team were on the Colts last year never mind two years ago when Manning last played for the Colts.

The Texans looked every bit as bad as their last month's worth of football suggested. I don't expect the same blow out performance as the first meeting, but Brady versus that secondary is a big plus for the Patriots.

I am actually glad we have Houston. We at least know today who the opponent is, as opposed to waiting tomorrow to find out had the Bengals won. That extra day is quite valuable for the coaches and we can be certain that they are all in their offices right now working on the game plan.

exactly what i was thinking. denver on the other hand won't start prepping for their game until monday, which gives them 5 days before their game next Saturday. the pats have 7 days prep time.

The extra week off is gonna help in us getting healthy especially Talib whom has really become an important cog in our pass D.

BJGE is no threat to make big yardage.

For the entire first half lawfirm was the only offense the bengals had!

I know hes not a home run hitting, but hes not with the team anymore, why does lawfirm get so much hate from some fans?

Jesus a dude averages 5.7 yards for the game, when the Qb has negitive passing yardage for a half and the first excuse i see for the bengals losing is "Law firm isn't a threat"

if the colts somehow beat the ravens...broncos get an extra bye...we need balt to win to rough them up next week

I know hes not a home run hitting, but hes not with the team anymore, why does lawfirm get so much hate from some fans?

Jesus a dude averages 5.7 yards for the game, when the Qb has negitive passing yardage for a half and the first excuse i see for the bengals losing is "Law firm isn't a threat"

Well, him being the entore offense in the first half for the Bengals isn't saying much. Apparently, Dalton was playing a game of keep away with AJ Green in the first half.

The patriots shouldn't underestimate the texans like they did the jets in 2010.

Blowing a team out doesn't guarantee anything in a rematch.

I would describe your post as colonic.

We may've underestimated the Jets...

But you can be damned sure that Mad Bill and the Pats didn't.

The Jets just played a great Game, and all their tactical flips of the coin came up Heads, that day.

It happens.

Are you joking right now? Bill benched wes welker for the first quarter of a playoff game.....A PLAYOFF GAME!!

If that's not underestimating your opponent i don't know what is.

Nope. You're funny enough for both of us. ;)

It's rather amazing that I have to explain this to anyone, but here goes:

Coach Bill disciplined Welker.

Would you like to guess why? :)

Because Welker was behaving ~ in that Press Conference ~ as if he wasn't taking the Jets seriously.

Coach Bill benching Welker for a Series ~ not a Quarter: did you actually watch the Game?? :rolleyes: ~ was a message to every one of the 53 to take the Jets deadly seriously.

See how that works? :)

No?

That's all right: I didn't think you would.

Green-Ellis was playing by far the best game of any Bengal. Marvin crapped the bed again.

exactly what i was thinking. denver on the other hand won't start prepping for their game until monday, which gives them 5 days before their game next Saturday. the pats have 7 days prep time.

Very bad.

The Pats will then have one day less to prep for Denver and would have to travel to Denver.

Sorry, but I hate that.

I hope it snows.

If this model verifies....

This would be around game time. This is the 18z GFS, but this will change from day to day and remember this is over a week out. But, if this verifies...it is showing .5-.75 QPF for Foxboro. From 10:1 Ratios(for every 10 inches is 1 inch of precipitation) that would be 5-7.5 inches of snow. Lets hope it verifies, BUT it could be a clear night OR Rainy. I will keep an eye on it!! 3 days before the game, I will make a snow map of CT and MA!!

index.php

Here's what people don't understand. In today's NFL, teams are more than happy to play extra coverage guys, give up 4 or 5 yards a pop, and wait for a run blitz or holding penalty to stop the run game. You have to make teams pay for doing this by ripping off 15-20 yard runs. BJGE can't do that, so defenses can devote all their resources to the pass.

Are you missing the point that wes benching pretty much disrupted the offense flow for the whole game?

Bill disrupted the offense because he felt they still beat the jets.

Wes had 7 catches for 57 yards that game.

You do know that every offensive series is a chance to score?

Last edited:
if the colts somehow beat the ravens...broncos get an extra bye...we need balt to win to rough them up next week

So true, plus we have the potential to setup the ultimate, TRIPLE death match divisional round rematches!

SF V GB
NE V HOU
BALT V DEN

SWEET!

Looks like a mild week ahead in Denver - -followed by a cold Saturday with possibly some snow.

10 Day Weather Forecast for Denver - weather.com

The Pats will then have one day less to prep for Denver and would have to travel to Denver.

Sorry, but I hate that.

But they'll know Saturday night who they would play so will have staff mobilized, film ready, etc. Not too worried about that aspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe