Reaction score
Passing game: A-
Running game: B-
Pass defense: B
Run defense: B+
Special Teams: D-
Coaching: B

Special teams es una mierda.

I wanted to give coaching A cause I loved how prepared the team was last night but you're really playing not to lose when you're 2-10? Cmon man.

Feels like today's BB would have punted on 4th and 2 vs Indy, kicked the FG in the first Giants SB instead of going on 4th and 13 and called time out when the Seahawks closing in on the goal line in the Super Bowl. Also would get his offense to play for TDs not FGs.

This Bill is a different coach than that guy was.

I don't think we played not to lose in the second half. The execution just wasn't there. The third down sack that stopped a good drive, 11 yard punt, and untimely offensive penalties such as the OPI.

Also where's George Pickens? Anybody see him?

I don't think we played not to lose in the second half. The execution just wasn't there. The third down sack that stopped a good drive, 11 yard punt, and untimely offensive penalties such as the OPI.

Also where's George Pickens? Anybody see him?
no pickett and pickens

Feels like today's BB would have punted on 4th and 2 vs Indy, kicked the FG in the first Giants SB instead of going on 4th and 13 and called time out when the Seahawks closing in on the goal line in the Super Bowl. Also would get his offense to play for TDs not FGs.

Which situation were they not aggressive enough in the second half?

Which situation were they not aggressive enough in the second half?
Punting on 4th and less than 1 from near midfield. Putting the reins right back on Zappe even though he lit up their LB and secondary in the first half. Defense conceding plays to the Steelers in a 2 score game with time left. 3 straight runs deep in our own end when they were playing for the run.

What's the point of all that when you're 2-10?

Last edited:
zappe had two solid drives and one good throw on the short field drive......beyond that he was pretty pedestrian at best, got lucky he was only picked once

i'm happy he came in and played decent relative to how things have been going, but an A- is generous.......he still showed he's at best a mid level backup

rushing yards weren't there, but they seemed to make the runs when they needed them, and set up play action well

special teams grade: fire cam achord

Putting the reins right back on Zappe even though he lit up their LB and secondary in the first half.
What makes you think the reins were put back on rather than just lack of execution or the Steelers adjusting? Zappe also threw a pick.

Punting on 4th and less than 1 from near midfield
It was 4th & 1 from the Patriots 45 with a three point lead with 8 and a half minutes left to play. You have to be a dum dum to go for it in that situation. Making the first down only guarantees two more minutes off the clock. Missing it highly likely turns it into at least a tie game. The risk reward just isn't there. Better to punt and pin them deep. Unfortunately it was only a touch back.

I don't remember if they scored off that miss. But that 4th and 13th call made no sense. I still don't know if anyone has offered an explainable reasoning. Or, even if Bill did.

4th and 2 against Indy made sense. You punt. Manning goes the length of the field and gets a TD. Little to no time left for Brady. You go for it and miss, you give Brady more seconds on the other side after Manning gets a TD. That defense wasn't stopping Manning. Nothing to lose.

Bill made the right call in not calling a timeout. If you call that timeout, Seattle has time to come to their senses and maybe run a safer playcall. There are people who would have criticized him forever if Seattle scores with Brady having little time left. But sometimes you have to go with instinct over what normal coaches/logic would ordinarily dictate. Never let a confused looking team off the hook.

Is Bill more conservative because he does not have an all pro QB anymore? That could be one reason. Maybe he trusts his D to make key plays than the offense.

I wanted to give coaching A cause I loved how prepared the team was last night but you're really playing not to lose when you're 2-10? Cmon man.
********. Baringer's the MVP of the team.

What did you want them to do get aggressive and loose?
How can you down grade a decision to play safe to protect a lead when it actually turned out to be the right decision?

Punting on 4th and less than 1 from near midfield. Putting the reins right back on Zappe even though he lit up their LB and secondary in the first half. Defense conceding plays to the Steelers in a 2 score game with time left. 3 straight runs deep in our own end when they were playing for the run.

What's the point of all that when you're 2-10?
Because it worked

He’s the same guy. Making decisions based upon the same criteria.
If you expect him
To make the same decisions against different opponents with different players in his team in different game situations then you don’t get it.

Just dropped in to see how you graded passing, and I'm shocked, I tell ya, shocked.

See bolded comment by Yukon below - I agree - A- is way too high for 2 or 3 good passes. Boy, your expectations are low after watching Mac.
The Steelers average 122 yards rushing per game. The Pats gave up 86 I think. One of the worse rushing games of the year for the Steelers. Run Defense was at least an A.
Only had two days to coach this week with Zappe's 2nd game. A "B" is a bit low.

You have given the coaching an A
zappe had two solid drives and one good throw on the short field drive......beyond that he was pretty pedestrian at best, got lucky he was only picked once
Yup we got lucky but BB seems to coach that way and gets lucky a lot.
i'm happy he came in and played decent relative to how things have been going, but an A- is generous.......he still showed he's at best a mid level backup
Agreed. I think an A- for two or three good passes is ridiculous.
rushing yards weren't there, but they seemed to make the runs when they needed them, and set up play action well

special teams grade: fire cam achord
They cut Montgomery who gave up the block that allowed the punt to be blocked. At least they sent that message loudly.

See bolded comment by Yukon below - I agree - A- is way too high for 2 or 3 good passes. Boy, your expectations are low after watching Mac.
I disagree, those are good numbers. They shut him down in 2nd half as part of the strategy to win by running + D.

Screenshot_20231209_223436_Sports.jpg
AY/A....NY/A....ANY/A

They cut Montgomery who gave up the block that allowed the punt to be blocked. At least they sent that message loudly.
They should've fired Achord and the Judge.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back