PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Houston it is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, Andy Dalton ain't so hot. He had Green deep several times and blew it every time. How many plays did he fail to execute? The Texans were so ready to be beat. They barely beat a team that didn't score an offensive TD, at home. Are you kidding me?

Last edited:
Their defense played better but Kubiak and Schaub....

deer_in_the_headlights.jpg

Sanchez and Ryan.

The patriots shouldn't underestimate the texans like they did the jets in 2010.

I would describe your post as colonic.

We may've underestimated the Jets...But you can be damned sure that Mad Bill and the Pats didn't.

The Jets just played a great Game, and all their tactical flips of the coin came up Heads, that day.

It happens.

wonder when the Houston troll show up?

Hey, I'm not a fan of the Texans, but in December, the Houston fans were probably the best group of visiting posters we've ever had here. They were great and I look forward to having them around this week. Good folks.

I suspect the Texans will be better this time.

IMO they built that game a month ago into something it shouldn't have been. Calling a season game the "biggest game in franchise history" isn't exactly putting things in perspective.

Can make a team tense.

I don't think they'll make that mistake again. Expect a measured build up this week, they got over their first playoff game and they'll be mighty relieved. All the weight this week (if there is any) is on us, nobody will give Huston a snowflakes.

Hopefully the Pats win, don't care about the score. Then I'm pretty confident about Denver.

Gronk should be the difference maker.

Yeah cause missing 5 weeks of football and the Miami game wer he looked rusty while blocking with one arm, will guarantee he will be invincible.

I like the Pats' match up here. Yes, the Texans have the best defense out of the three teams they could have faced, I don't think the Texans' offense is match up well against the Pats:

• First, the Texans overrely on the play-action. They do it to take pressure off of Schaub and hide his limitations. You slow down Foster and play disciplined enough not to bite on the play-action (which the Pats did near perfectly the last time), the Texans' offense gets pretty pedestrian.
  • Because of my first point, the Texans are not built for a shoot out or coming from behind. That is another thing the Pats did perfectly the last time. The second the Pats got a two TD in the first quarter, the game was pretty much over because the Texans had to rely less on the play-action and forced Schaub to make decisions faster.

I agree with Reiss that it won't be the blowout that it was the last time, but I think the Pats will win and probably fairly comfortably (10-14).

Yeah cause missing 5 weeks of football and the Miami game wer he looked rusty while blocking with one arm, will guarantee he will be invincible.

And he still 42 yards and a TD on two catches in limited action. He might not be the Rob Gronkowski of before injury (but with two more weeks for the forearm to heal, don't bet against it), but he will be a boost.

I would describe your post as colonic.

We may've underestimated the Jets...But you can be damned sure that Mad Bill and the Pats didn't.

The Jets just played a great Game, and all their tactical flips of the coin came up Heads, that day.

It happens.

Are you joking right now? Bill benched wes welker for the first quarter of a playoff game.....A PLAYOFF GAME!!

If that's not underestimating your opponent i don't know what is.

Are you joking right now? Bill benched wes welker for the first quarter of a playoff game.....A PLAYOFF GAME!!

that's not underestimating

They didn't look good at all against a putrid Cincy team and we had our way with them a month back. Still each Sunday is different, I hope 2010 was a good lesson to this team. First game could have been alot closer too we caught some breaks on the fumbles and other breaks. Overall, I believe this is better than facing Baltimore, about even with Indy. So I can't be mad with this draw.

I suspect the Texans will be better this time.

IMO they built that game a month ago into something it shouldn't have been. Calling a season game the "biggest game in franchise history" isn't exactly putting things in perspective.

Can make a team tense.

I don't think they'll make that mistake again. Expect a measured build up this week, they got over their first playoff game and they'll be mighty relieved. All the weight this week (if there is any) is on us, nobody will give Huston a snowflakes.

Hopefully the Pats win, don't care about the score. Then I'm pretty confident about Denver.

That was also their third road game, which teams never do well in.

This right here. Never understood why, so he made fun of a coach innocuously, not worth it in a play off game. Fine him or some other punishment.

Wes was benched as a disciplinary measure, not because of Belichick overconfidence...

Not a quarter. One series.

Last edited:
I am actually glad we have Houston. We at least know today who the opponent is, as opposed to waiting tomorrow to find out had the Bengals won. That extra day is quite valuable for the coaches and we can be certain that they are all in their offices right now working on the game plan.

OK, I'll play your dumb sarcasm game.

"Because 14 days rest won't make that arm any better". ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back