PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hobbs on the bandwagon fans [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hobbs on the bandwagon fans

Speaking of Hobbs, any catch the driver of that wtfpwn truck that hit him on the goal line?

Well Done Mr. Hobbs.

I am sure BB will not be happy with this, but sometimes it's good to hear players speak their mind

I was saddened to hear the booing at yesterday's game. I did listen closely to double check because I know sometimes it sounds like people are booing when cheering Bruschi.

I know it happens in all sports to all teams at some point, but I also agree that it seems people have been spoiled by the Pats success. I would remain quiet instead of booing, but I was a cheerleader who was on a squad that was not allowed to do any negative cheers about another team, only positive ones for us, so I just got used to thinking positively and motivating my team and haven't felt the need to change that. I was watching the game going into halftime thinking positively that some halftime adjustments would help the Pats pull of a win.

I do think people have the right to boo, I just agree with those who don't think it's necessary.

Tell me you are not serious.

I was damn unhappy about the play yesterday. But if I were at the game I would not have booed this team. Not THIS team.

Booing THIS team is a selfish act of, what have you done for me lately, fans. How about just sitting there in silence? Not cheering and not booing. That is a message in it's self. The classless act of booing THIS team sends the wrong message.

Not sure why you responded that way to what I posted...I was not defending booing, I was trying to say enough threads/posts about booing. I was not there and I did not boo.... but I certainly wouldnt have CHEERED them had I been there (in the 2nd half). No adjustments at all.

I am glad Hobbs called these bullsh1t fans out....

pathetic losers....

...go cheer for the lions...

It doenst make you a SUPERFAN to promote and admonish bad play either. If you really think you can make a difference on a team I suggest you go to Cleveland, Cincy, or NO and try that crap out. You dont cheer or boo for what the team did 21 weeks ago or what they did the day before the game. You say what you want to say when the team gives you a good reason for it. This is a free society, and we are intelligent fans. We dont "do what we are told" because its PC, the easy way, or because its the way other people do things. There were thousands of opinions on what happened from the thousands of fans in the stadium. They let their wallets do the talking, and its too bad some people here are concentrating on the minority. You are prejudiced yourselves so please let everyone have their opinion and get over it...its only one loss.

and this is exactly the problem

and this is exactly the problem

I am not sure you read my post. I never once mentioned booing. I just explained that anytime you get 50-60,000 people together you have to take the good with the bad. I would not CHEER bad play(as some on here have suggested), I would be quiet hoping they turned it around. My post said that everyone should do what they want(cheer or boo), so its obviously not the problem.

Re: Ellis Hobbs kicks us in the gunny sack - like we deserve.

This is getting downright ridiculous..
Players are whining because they got booed for playing like JV team....
Boo Hoo

Posters are complaining because said folks booed a team that played like a JV team.....
Boo Hoo

Who really gives a rats aXX, they looked like a bunch of chumps out there, they got booed....
Deal with it.

Maybe we can move on from that pathetic performance, without ripping each others head off for having a different opinion on the matter.

Who cares....

Umm ya cant honestly say what I would of done if I wear at the game. I do know beer bottles were almost going at my tv at points.
But if I were to boo last sunday it wouldnt of been at any of the players it would of been at the coaching staff for not letting Cassel make a pass beyond 5 yards! Stupid crap I seen my next door neighbor could do what Cassel did.. That deserves a boo I dont care:enranged:

This elitist super fan crap is annoying... The team played like crap, they looked nothing like the championship caliber team, and the play calling and execution only seemed to magnify the poor play as the game went on.

I wasn't at the game, and I yelled "@#$@$@#$ DEFENSE YOU @#$@%@ @#$% @#$@@#$ !!!!"

I predict many of you that claim fan superiority by not booing yelled more tha a few profanities at the TV as well...

So I ask, is it ok for you do to that even if no one else is there to hear it? Or is it worse becuase in the privacy of your own home, away from prying ears you secretly cursed your "team"... Or did you just sit their with a glass of Koolaid and a big smile on your face while the defense allowed 2!!! 100 yard rushers... ???

Wether at the game, or at your house, we ALL showed displeasure, and I rather hear boo's then what you would hear bostonians yelling during rush hour bumper to bumper traffic...

Come on now, be better than this. 21 wins in between regular season losses should insulate the team from any booing.

The fans don't pay his salary, by any realistic stretch of the imagination.

You clearly know nothing about business. The end customer is the fan. The fan buys tickets, merchandise, and watches the games on television.

Most of the profit generated from those activities filters back to the owner of the team, who pays Hobb's salary. Kraft isn't going to shell out millions of dollars a year without that revenue stream to cover the costs... and yes, make him money on top of that.

Fans have a right to boo if they want to. We can certainly disagree about whether or not last Sunday was an appropriate time for it. Personally, I wouldn't have bood.

I'm amazed that the booing is such a BFD. I'm not a boo'er, more of a swearer to myself, but who am I to dictate how another fan wants to voice their displeasure.

I thought the fans streaming towards the exits it the 3rd quarter was far more embarassing.

he said a few things that were pretty disappointing

"Don't bother me none. I don't look forward to seeing none of them," said Hobbs, when asked if he was bothered by such behavior. "I look forward to seeing a couple of people after the game and that's my wife, kids. Those are the people I count on every day because when I leave this locker room, nobody knows me as No. 27, Ellis Hobbs. They know me as Ellis Hobbs, daddy. Ellis Hobbs, husband, family, friend."

he said a few things that were pretty disappointing

"Don't bother me none. I don't look forward to seeing none of them," said Hobbs, when asked if he was bothered by such behavior. "I look forward to seeing a couple of people after the game and that's my wife, kids. Those are the people I count on every day because when I leave this locker room, nobody knows me as No. 27, Ellis Hobbs. They know me as Ellis Hobbs, daddy. Ellis Hobbs, husband, family, friend."

That bastard.

I love what Hobbs said. It was 100% on point. The people booing, while they have a right to, need a little perspective. Maybe they could get some from, say, a Lions fan.

This elitist super fan crap is annoying... The team played like crap, they looked nothing like the championship caliber team, and the play calling and execution only seemed to magnify the poor play as the game went on.

I wasn't at the game, and I yelled "@#$@$@#$ DEFENSE YOU @#$@%@ @#$% @#$@@#$ !!!!"

I predict many of you that claim fan superiority by not booing yelled more tha a few profanities at the TV as well...

So I ask, is it ok for you do to that even if no one else is there to hear it? Or is it worse becuase in the privacy of your own home, away from prying ears you secretly cursed your "team"... Or did you just sit their with a glass of Koolaid and a big smile on your face while the defense allowed 2!!! 100 yard rushers... ???

Wether at the game, or at your house, we ALL showed displeasure, and I rather hear boo's then what you would hear bostonians yelling during rush hour bumper to bumper traffic...

I was talking with a friend who did not attend the game so of course he wasn't a boo-er nor did he leave early,HOWEVER-because he was disgusted and in disbelief, he switched over to the Ryder Cup, checking in occasionally on the game. So where's the difference between him and those fans in attendance Sunday who either booed or left early?

I was there and I did neither. I was also embarrassed by the booing but I don't see those people as bandwagoners, except for the dimwits who were hollering for O'C then cheered when he came into the game as if Brady himself just walked through that tunnel. THAT p*ssed me off because it showed a total lack of support for BB's decisions and for the team-certainly for Cassel who,like it or not,is our QB. Also it showed a lack of comprehension but that's jmho.

But to the OP, I agree. This elitist "I'm a better fan than you" coming from people who typed their way through the game (not meant as a slur to those who didn't attend,but it's just way different being there than watching on TV- I've been on both sides) need to realize that booing, though distasteful, at least signifies PASSION. Personally I'm 100X's more sick of the wine and cheese crowd who sits there and does nothing but offer up polite golf claps and head indoors when the weather turns a bit cool or drizzly. I'll take booers (boos for the RIGHT reasons) over the dispassionate anyday. At least they're into the game and feel strongly about our team.

* "OP"-wrong thread! There's another similar thread by sbb which is the one I was thinking of. Sorry. More coffee... ;)

Last edited:

21 straight regular season wins. Anyone who booed yesterday should never be allowed to watch a sporting event again, at any level.

You keep on resting on past accomplishments, I take the season 1 game at a time.

Exactly. Football is a 'what have you done for me lately' game, once the ball is kicked off.

I'll cheer past accomplishments during the pregame intros, thanks.

That bastard.

I love what Hobbs said. It was 100% on point. The people booing, while they have a right to, need a little perspective. Maybe they could get some from, say, a Lions fan.

I don’t think you read the quote correctly. He didn’t say he was mad about them booing, he said that he didn’t care either way so that goes for wins and loses.

I'm not one of the people that booed. I just don't do that to my team. I can can disgusted and complain - but I don't boo. However, a fan has a right to if they want. Someone pays a lot of money to attend a game and park accross the street - you can pretty much boo if you want. That's the way I look at it - and honestly, at least there is some passion there. Unlike the many people that just attend the game and sit on their hands. Third and 1 - defense on the field - and "fans" are just sitting there. Bothersome.

Bottom line is once you pay for that ticket . You have the right to boo, and with the way they played on Sunday its to be expected. If the team wants the fans to cheer. Then give them something to cheer about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back