PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hobbs on the bandwagon fans [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Hobbs on the bandwagon fans

What a surprise, another thread on this board about the disgusting horrible bandwagon fans the Pats have. If you're whining about fans booing you need to watch more sports. This place is so full of elitism that it's unbelievable.

As for Hobbes, I'm sure it isn't nice to be booed, but he should already be feeling bad about the clinic of a passing game Chad Pennington put on his secondary. The fans pay his salary.

I agree with your post. Personally if I was there I wouldn't have booed, but by the end of the 3rd qtr I wouldn't exactly have been cheering either. No fan base would be content with that performance yesterday and you would hear boos from all other 31 NFL stadiums if they were in the same situation. If fans give an arm and a leg to buy tickets (and Pats tickets are the most expensive in the league) then they have a right to voice their displeasure. Look at it this way... the fans are expecting excellence. This is a good problem to have.

Re: Ellis Hobbs kicks us in the gunny sack - like we deserve.

Way to go Ellis, tell it like it is.

We'll fix it by playing better. Five years ago Buffalo handed our heads to us just as bad:

ESPN - New England vs. Buffalo - Recap - September 07, 2003

We seemed to recover nicely. No, I'm not expecting another 2003, but I'm saying one awful day means squat.

This loss is a little more than squat since it was a divisional game - The team cannot afford another loss in the division if it wants to have a chance against Buffalo for the top spot and at least one home game in the playoffs.

I like Ellis alot, I've always backed him and he's doing a terrific job this season.

But to me he's way off base here. I'm not saying I would have booed if I were in attendance Sunday, but I certainly don't find fault in people who paid their money to sit in the stadium if they want to boo. Teams that perform the way the Patriots D performed Sunday leave themselves open to get booed. It doesn't mean the fans are turning against you it means they are displeased by your performance. You're being paid damn good money to play a game, they are paying damn good money to support you. Grow a pair and suck it up.

The Pittsburgh Steeler fanbase is looked at by many as the best there is in all of sports and they have booed their teams multiple times in the past. It happens.

I like Ellis alot, I've always backed him and he's doing a terrific job this season.

But to me he's way off base here. I'm not saying I would have booed if I were in attendance Sunday, but I certainly don't find fault in people who paid their money to sit in the stadium if they want to boo. Teams that perform the way the Patriots D performed Sunday leave themselves open to get booed. It doesn't mean the fans are turning against you it means they are displeased by your performance. You're being paid damn good money to play a game, they are paying damn good money to support you. Grow a pair and suck it up.

The Pittsburgh Steeler fanbase is looked at by many as the best there is in all of sports and they have booed their teams multiple times in the past. It happens.

21 straight regular season wins. Anyone who booed yesterday should never be allowed to watch a sporting event again, at any level.

Last edited:

I agree. I would have liked to see Hobbs take some responsibility instead of blaming the fans. That's very, very weak, IMO.
I'm not saying I would have booed, but the yahoos who say there is no place for booing are way off base. I really don't see any reason why the past should affect how we react to a loss now. Belichick always says last week, last month and last year don't matter. If the team puts each victory behind them, why shouldn't the fans? The team plays with a philosophy that expects greatness (for lack of better term) week to week. I don't think its unfair for the fans to expect the same thing that the team expects of itself.

Looks like Ellis was able to control his anger (unlike me, who swore a lot and got everyone riled up and the thread deleted)

Guess thats one of the reasons why he is a patriot.

I love the people saying that "the past doesn't matter" they are "booing the performance on that day" blah blah blah. What a total crock of shyte. These people are just spoiled and when they don't get the show they want they boo. As if the Pats needed the fans to tell them they didn't play well yesterday.:rolleyes:

Re: Ellis Hobbs kicks us in the gunny sack - like we deserve.

Having gone to the occasional game, I will not light up the fans booing on Sunday. I would not do it personally, but when you are sitting there watching something like the performance seen on Sunday I think it's unreasonable to expect the fan response typical of a goal line stand or a key first down. Players in the past, I believe Tom Brady, have answered "if I were in the stands watching that, I would have booed us too."

When a team is doing well, cheer. When a team is battling but losing, cheer. Having watched the game yesterday, other than special teams, where was there cause to cheer? The fans can reasonably be expected to match the players' intensity level, so if the team takes a vacation expect the fans will not be jumping up like a game show audience in response to an "applause" light. Whether boos or silence are the appropriate response to an uninspired performance, I leave that to the majority to decide. Having sat in 100 level seats during some really bad historical beat-downs (Denver, Washington and Miami, to name a few), other than the occasional cheer I will not claim to have enthusiastically bounced around in the stands on those occasions (what do you say - "Hey, Hobbs, way to chase that running back into the endzone with style!").

I didn't hear boos directed at Hobbs when he showed heart on special teams, even when the Pats were pretty much done. As for his defensive performance, I will leave that to the statistics. If he wants to call out fans, he should ask how he would have responded to the performance if he were watching it. I like Hobbs as a player, but frankly he's "feeding his family" based on those fans paying the highest average ticket price in the league. It is unreasonable to expect wins, but it is reasonable to expect a good, competitive fight even of the worst of teams. If he got boos as a unit for failing to live up to that basic expectation, maybe he should review the game footage of the unit and answer why that group was dissatisfied. Again, I wouldn't boo but having forced myself to stay in the seat and watch the whole game, and adding to it the 60-90 minutes of waiting in traffic to leave the stadium after that debacle, I will not find fault in their decision to do so.

21 straight regular season wins. Anyone who booed yesterday should never be allowed to watch a sporting event again, at any level.

What's the difference if the team won 21 straight or lost 21 straight? If they're your team you shouldn't boo period right?

Maybe I just don't take booing as hardcore as others. Being in the Pittsburgh area I've seen it happen to the Steelers many times and of all the fans who's loyalty should least be questioned, Steeler fans are right up there. I wouldn't have booed yesterday. But IMO booing is not exactly a knife in the back, some people need to get over it.

I think you're going to find that not all players react the same way to the "boos" as Hobbs did.

I think a lot of the Patriots players understand that when they play poorly - as they all admit they did yesterday - they are not expecting the fans to cheer them.

They expect the fans to express their dissatisfaction with the level of play on the field - and how do fans do this? Well, they boo.

For those of you so disgusted with the notion that fans in the stand weren't pleased with the Patriots performance are you going to extend that same sentiment to the players themselves who expressed disgust with their own and their teammates level?

Belichick was just on the radio and openly admitted that the team played poorly. Are you going to extend that same "shame on him" sentiment?

Or do we think that these guys are really that fragile that we'd hurt their psyche if we don't cheer them on when they play badly? No offense guys, but since when did football fans and football players become such ****ies about booing?

Last edited:

Booing makes the fanbase look small time.

What's the difference if the team won 21 straight or lost 21 straight? If they're your team you shouldn't boo period right?

Maybe I just don't take booing as hardcore as others. Being in the Pittsburgh area I've seen it happen to the Steelers many times and of all the fans who's loyalty should least be questioned, Steeler fans are right up there. I wouldn't have booed yesterday. But IMO booing is not exactly a knife in the back, some people need to get over it.

Booing is a verbalization of displeasure towards your team. How bloody ignorant do you have to be to be displeased with an NFL team that is on a 21 game winning streak? Did those idiots not realize that the 21 straight victories was a league record and had never been achieved before?

Booing makes the fanbase look small time.

Actually talking, posting and crying about BOOING is what makes us look small time. We boo once, the team knows we are watching and not drinking koolaide. Be a professional! This would only be a concern of WR divas and their CB wives....

Last edited:

What's the difference if the team won 21 straight or lost 21 straight?

On Lions boards, there aren't a lot of "Please help, they're not broadcasting the game in my area how does internet streaming work I'm desperate" posts on gameday.

Also, football bars tend to ignore your team's broadcasts.

Last edited:

Booing is a verbalization of displeasure towards your team. How bloody ignorant do you have to be to be displeased with an NFL team that is on a 21 game winning streak? Did those idiots not realize that the 21 straight victories was a league record and had never been achieved before?

You're right it is. AND it happens in just about every stadium.

For the most part I'm with you Deus, I'd never boo this team. Not just because of the 21 wins but for all the joy they've brought me in general since I became a fan 16 years ago. But you can't expect the same out of every fan, and to me it doesn't make you any less a fan if you choose to express your displeasure towards a truly gutless performance like Sunday's. Esepcially when you've paid hard earned money to go out and support your team.

On Lions boards, there aren't a lot of "Please help, they're not broadcasting the game in my area how does internet streaming work I'm desperate" posts on gameday.

Also, football bars tend to ignore your team's broadcasts.

And you probably won't get to see your team on NBC following a dynamite Faith Hill intro.

You're right it is. AND it happens in just about every stadium.

For the most part I'm with you Deus, I'd never boo this team. Not just because of the 21 wins but for all the joy they've brought me in general since I became a fan 16 years ago. But you can't expect the same out of every fan, and to me it doesn't make you any less a fan if you choose to express your displeasure towards a truly gutless performance like Sunday's. Esepcially when you've paid hard earned money to go out and support your team.

But that's just it..... I can expect it. If you claim to be such a fan that you're ponying up for tickets and going to the games, you should be enough of a fan to realize that you've seen yet another NFL record shattered by your team and should be mature enough to understand that such greatness had to come to an end sometime. We're not talking about a team that is 1-15 in recent games, or even 4-4. We're talking about 23-2 in the last 25 games. In the NFL.

It's not the first time in 21 regular season games they've been boo'd, either - including with Brady on the field... That's the truly pathetic nature of this fanbase. And it's not just the boo's in the stands - this place is a clear reflection of that same idiotic entitled mentality.

What bothered me most was when we were well within comeback distance in points the TV cameras several times showed the fans simply sitting on their hands while the Patriots were on D. No yelling, claping, stomping, whatever. This was well before the game got out of hand and all could see that we failed to adapt to what was being done to us. We were still in the game.

Actually talking, posting and crying about BOOING is what makes us look small time. We boo once, the team knows we are watching and not drinking koolaide. Be a professional! This would only be a concern of WR divas and their CB wives....

Tell me you are not serious.

I was damn unhappy about the play yesterday. But if I were at the game I would not have booed this team. Not THIS team.

Booing THIS team is a selfish act of, what have you done for me lately, fans. How about just sitting there in silence? Not cheering and not booing. That is a message in it's self. The classless act of booing THIS team sends the wrong message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back