PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hobbs on the bandwagon fans [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ellis Hobbs kicks us in the gunny sack - like we deserve.

Ellis Hobbs on fans' booing - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

Excerpt:
Hobbs first touched on the booing when he was asked if he was confident that the Patriots could correct their errors.

“Things can always be corrected, even when you win. It’s just that we don’t have the luxury of panicking like a fan does, or to sit there and boo. I’m starting to get into personal stuff, man, but that’s exactly why they’re fans,” he said. “Whoever was doing that, hey, it is what it is. But we’re not sitting here panicking. It’s Week 3. We’re moving on to San Francisco.

Last edited:
Re: Hobbs on the bandwagon fans

If I were a player on that Patriots team, I'd probably feel a little betrayed by the fans. They got boo'd for having their first off week in 21 regular season games. Think about it. They hadn't had an off day since 2006. And they got boo'd when they did.

Awww... crap. We posted at the same time.

Re: Ellis Hobbs kicks us in the gunny sack - like we deserve.

couldn't say it better....

If I were a player on that Patriots team, I'd probably feel a little betrayed by the fans. They got boo'd for having their first off week in 21 regular season games. Think about it. They hadn't had an off day since 2006. And they got boo'd when they did.

It's not the first time in 21 regular season games they've been boo'd, either - including with Brady on the field... That's the truly pathetic nature of this fanbase. And it's not just the boo's in the stands - this place is a clear reflection of that same idiotic entitled mentality.

Ellis Hobbs on fans' booing

“This is when you find out what type of player you are,” he continued. “This is actually when you find out what type of man you are, as far as this game goes. When adversity hits, and when things aren’t going your way, who is really in your corner?”

No one will ever accuse Hobbs of being overly articulate. Being the gamer he is, he doesn't need to make sense.

This makes me feel even more ashamed of these fans. He might as well be reading this board with how scary accurate he is about the chicken little bandwagoners.

No one will ever accuse Hobbs of being overly articulate. Being the gamer he is, he doesn't need to make sense.

Makes perfect sense to me, which word didn't you understand?

It's not the first time in 21 regular season games they've been boo'd, either - including with Brady on the field... That's the truly pathetic nature of this fanbase. And it's not just the boo's in the stands - this place is a clear reflection of that same idiotic entitled mentality.
I agree...the fans booing is just part of it..looking at some of the silly posts here..VERY difficult to take...pathetic is maybe not strong enough to my ears..but it will do..

Maybe I am not a smart man, but I fully got what he was articulating......

translation, when things go bad, don't look elsewhere for help, you find help from within......

The booing was disgraceful

Fans boo when the team is playing like crap and there is no effort to improve apon that...

The team gave the fans NO reason to cheer, not one bit... They continued to get WORSE as the game went on.

It's not a bad day, it was a day off...

Good fans lift their teams when their teams are losing or trying to stage a comeback.

You don't STAB your home team in the back and only cheer when they are winning. That is what pink hat bandwagon fans, men and women alike, do.

Makes perfect sense to me, which word didn't you understand?

Finding out what kind of person you are inside based on the fickle opinions of others seems a bit contradictory. Maybe not to you.

Fans boo when the team is playing like crap and there is no effort to improve apon that...

The team gave the fans NO reason to cheer, not one bit... They continued to get WORSE as the game went on.

It's not a bad day, it was a day off...

Yeah, 21 straight regular season wins, 4 Super Bowl appearances is "nothing to cheer about" meaning you should boo:rolleyes: I'm starting to agree with some other fan bases that can't stand us.

Last edited:

Yeah, 21 straight regular season wins, 4 Super Bowl appearances is "nothing to cheer about" meaning you should boo:rolleyes: I'm starting to agree with some other fan bases that can't us.

Quit the Super Fan act...

The Team gave the fans no reason to cheer for on Sunday Aug 21st 2008... not even a glimmer of hope to come back...

Last edited by a moderator:

Finding out what kind of person you are inside based on the fickle opinions of others seems a bit contradictory. Maybe not to you.

That was exactly his point, you don't find out who you are until you are on your own. If that's "contradictory" to you I'd work on reading comprehension skills.

? no...

The Team gave the fans no reason to cheer for on Sunday Aug 21st 2008... not even a glimmer of hope to come back...

It's September, not August, and please keep the political garbage out of this. Fans that boo one day and cheer the next for a team as successful as the Pats are pathetic. If that makes me a "super fan"then I feel sorry for you.

Quit the super date inventor act... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back