PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hobbs: “We’re All Dollar Signs”

Status
Not open for further replies.
He would have been released anyway next year because he would have been a Nickel CB and a KR wanting a big payday .. his value would probably have gone down anyway in terms of a starting corner to be fair this deal proably worked out well for all sides

Hobbs is right. With the cap, what you make matters.

With no cap, the Pats probably keep Hobbs as their 5th/6th CB and KR. With the cap, you can't carry a guy who projects in those roles and makes 2m+.

Last edited:
I'll tell you guys what went down.

Hobbs was being a Douchebag at Vince's Fundraiser. So Vince put in a call to Bill and said, "Bill, get Elvis outta here and start finalizing that Peppers deal."

Bill complied and the rest is history. But I think maybe it was Caserio in a Vince costume...

He thinks BJGE is a better RB than Maroney and he will be cut...

He was a better than Maroney last year, that's for sure.

Some guy said Ellis Hobbs has been toasted more than a English Muffin.lol. and he aint lying....that's the funny part

I usually toast my english muffin once until it's lightly toasted. How many times do you toast yours?;)

Some guy said Ellis Hobbs has been toasted more than a English Muffin.lol. and he aint lying....that's the funny part

Well, I've never seen an English Muffin get toasted more than once, so I guess you might be right.

He thinks BJGE is a better RB than Maroney and he will be cut...

I look at what the two did last year and I'd say that.

But I draw my conclusion on Maroney's lack of effort last year before being put on IR and his constant injuries and the fact that they signed Fred Taylor to a two year deal. They really don't need him anymore, they have guys who can do his job.

But I draw my conclusion on Maroney's lack of effort last year before being put on IR and his constant injuries and the fact that they signed Fred Taylor to a two year deal. They really don't need him anymore, they have guys who can do his job.

They need Maroney. Have you actually looked at the way this team goes through running backs? WE have more injuries to our backfield than some teams have RB's.

The law firm has potential, but he isn't up to Maroney's level yet.

They need Maroney. Have you actually looked at the way this team goes through running backs? WE have more injuries to our backfield than some teams have RB's.

He never will be. BJGE had some moments last year, but he's not the future.

I agree with Hobbs. The players helped to make this system though. So I don't look at them as victims.

When they developed a cap and free agency, they created a system where fans "root for laundry" as they say. Teams can't afford to be loyal and put together a winner while reward players who have done a lot but have declined in value. It is the fact of the NFL. This is what both sides wanted.

He never will be. BJGE had some moments last year, but he's not the future.

Correct. Nice to have. Not gonna be the franchise RB.

Yeah, once, of course, he's no longer a Patriot, he's totally useless... :rolleyes:
No but as Breer said last night, he was part of the problem not part of the solution.

He's a dollar sign by wanting more dollars. It's not a problem for guys like Warren who take less money for earlier financial security. The players make themselves dollar signs by wanting every last dollar.

Do they really need him? Really, do they want him after his actions in his last game before the injury? He got publicly chewed out by Irvin Fears during the San Fransisco game and he ignored the whole chewing out the next day...his head's not in the game, he wasn't trying, and they have guys who both want to be there and showed they can play in the system as good as if not better than him in BJGE and Morris...

About the injuries among the running backs, how much does the problems with the offensive line factor into that? To me it factors in quite a bit for some of the injuries and their own power rushing factors in some.

The key word may be "yet". He did more for them last year than Maroney did, and Morris and Taylor will be doing the bulk of the runs with Faulk taking the passes among the running backs.

Correct. Nice to have. Not gonna be the franchise RB.

I doubt anybody thinks he will be, but he's someone who actually wants to be there and has shown value to them as a backup player to their real top runners Morris and Taylor.

If you really think BJGE is better than Maroney... I don't know what to say. BJGE managed to become a fan favorite by averaging 3.7 YPC during garbage time. What a stud.

Costs more to cut him than to keep him. They'll be keeping him.

It's interesting that you can somehow divine a person's lack of effort so well from watching him on television. It couldn't have something to do with the fact that he was still injured?

Last edited:
Well according to Belichick he was, or else we would have kept him... :rolleyes:

Yeah, because it's totally an either-or proposition. Either he's extremely valuable and must be kept, or he's completely useless. I'm sure there's nothing else that factors into the decision, like finances, contracts, other players on the roster, etc.

Those are some elite reasoning skills, I tell you :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes