PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hobbs: “We’re All Dollar Signs”

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used it, to me it wasn't that much of a hit to get rid of someone who could and last years was a problem.

He wasn't a problem at all. The problem was LoMo getting injured.

That happens occasionally, you know?

Physics, and all that..... ;)

holla fo tha dolla

didn't samuel have 'get paid' tattoo'd on his body somewhere?

His actions during last year's 49ers game and his attitude afterward.

Dude, it was the 49rs.

You really need some perspective... :)

That was an opinion, which I guess people aren't allowed to have around you :rolleyes:

Gosh, you'll have to forgive me for interpreting "Maroney has worn out his welcome" as a statement of fact rather than an opinion. It also doesn't really change the point -- which I assume to be true given your omission of any evidence to the contrary -- that you have no basis for making that claim.

Neither does what you believe. You aren't in the locker rooms or in the front office so your opinions don't amount to a hill of garbage either.

LOL.

Please, for hilarity's sake, do tell me you how reconcile the above with:

efin98 said:
Maroney has worn out his welcome ...

And actually, as dhamz stated, it will cost the Patriots 900k to cut Maroney. So even though you believe it wouldn't cost that much to cut him, reality unfortunately says otherwise.

efin98 said:
Really, because they have two guys on the roster who have proven themselves to be more than capable of running their asses off for the team and another who has been the backbone for receiving running backs for a decade and another guy who has played well in Maroney's place to the point that he looks like he can handle taking Maroney's downs :rolleyes:

I'm sorry. Where in the above screed do you make the case for not keeping Maroney? I must have missed it.

What you need to understand is at this point in time, as the stats bear out, Maroney is the most talented running back we have. The only question is if he can stay healthy. If he can't, he'll likely be gone after next season and he'll be a bust. But the potential is definitely there, and I fully think it's worth giving him a shot to realize said potential.

I can only imagine if you were a Jaguars fan in the beginning of Fred Taylor's career.

efin98 said:
Same as I take your opinion as an elitest windbag who only likes to hear his own point.

God forbid someone differ from the great JackBaur :rolleyes:

I don't know how it's possible to hear myself on a messageboard, but that's neither here nor there.

The fact that you still think it's at all possible the Patriots would cut Sanders and eat the 3 million is... well, laughable. It's not about disagreement; I welcome disagreement. It's about irrational hatred of players clouding people's judgments and arguments with no basis in fact. I apologize if this is inconvenient for you.

efin98 said:
Right, Seymore got his ass chewed out in front of the cameras and ignored the questions about it the next day...OK then :rolleyes:

That's not at all what I was referring to.

I realize you're new here, so you probably weren't around for it. But Seymour was also excoriated here for being lazy and slacking off after signing his contract, when in reality he was just crippled by injury. His play last season, while healthy, is testament to that fact.

I believe Armen's nickname for him was Big Poo$ey, or something along those lines.

Lastly, you may want to spend less time with the eye rolls and more time thinking out your arguments.

Last edited:
Lastly, you may want to spend less time with the eye rolls and more time thinking out your arguments.

When defending ones posts with someone who only sees his own ideas, what's the point...they are ignored anyway.

Last edited:
When defending ones posts with someone who only sees his own ideas, what's the point...they are ignored anyway.

:golf clap:

That is a brilliant cop out if I've ever seen one.

Patriots will find out if players return for less - BostonHerald.com

Of particular note was his contention players are no longer going to take hometown discounts to play in New England. They won’t agree to shorter money for the greater good of the team and the hope of winning a championship.

“I think with that situation there are a lot of guys that are coming up that are going to need to be paid,” Hobbs said. “I think it has kind of moved from that echelon where there is a lot of guys out there who are not going to take the (bottom) dollar for the win. Guys really want to get what they deserve and each one of those guys that are coming up in the next year or so deserve every dollar they are going to get.”

IMO, with these statements, he would not be a good influence on the young players and rookies.
true but depends what the pats think you deserve vs what the player thinks .its extremes both ways but pats did sign seymour to a pretty good contract and seymour had said the same stuff before about being deserves.
hobbs played hard and hurt and was decent for us but he overvalued himself.i remember during his rookie season during a preseason game he tried to cut in to make an INt and was burnedfor a TD and was later asked if he has to still learn to cover first. his response was typical "its who iam and what ido stuff" .

efin98, meet Reality. Reality, efin98.

See, in this thing called "reality", your opinions are worthless unless you can back them up with evidence. Since you, on every occasion that I've seen you post so far, have been completely unable to do that, nobody really cares what you think.

Yes, everyone's posts are opinions. No, all opinions are not created equal. There are good opinions and bad opinions, and the difference between the two is how well you can support them. Since you're completely unable to support any of your opinions, they are bad ones. See how that works?

On this board, people disagree with each other all the time, and that's fine. It's good, actually, because disagreement usually means that one or both people aren't seeing the whole picture. I've learned a lot of stuff by disagreeing with people here and then working to understand why they have the perspective that they have. If your opinion is completely implausible and contradicts everything that the organization does (like cutting Maroney and/or Sanders, both of whom are outright uncuttable this year due to their contracts), then that just means that it belongs in the garbage heap. People like JackBauer aren't ignoring you because they can't take disagreement: they're ignoring you because your opinion is ignorant and implausible, and you can't bring any evidence to the table to suggest otherwise.

Last edited:
efin98, meet Reality. Reality, efin98.

See, in this thing called "reality", your opinions are worthless unless you can back them up with evidence. Since you, on every occasion that I've seen you post so far, have been completely unable to do that, nobody really cares what you think.

Yes, everyone's posts are opinions. No, all opinions are not created equal. There are good opinions and bad opinions, and the difference between the two is how well you can support them. Since you're completely unable to support any of your opinions, they are bad ones. See how that works?

On this board, people disagree with each other all the time, and that's fine. It's good, actually, because disagreement usually means that one or both people aren't seeing the whole picture. I've learned a lot of stuff by disagreeing with people here and then working to understand why they have the perspective that they have. If your opinion is completely implausible and contradicts everything that the organization does (like cutting Maroney and/or Sanders, both of whom are outright uncuttable this year due to their contracts), then that just means that it belongs in the garbage heap. People like JackBauer aren't ignoring you because they can't take disagreement: they're ignoring you because your opinion is ignorant and implausible, and you can't bring any evidence to the table to suggest otherwise.

F-it not going to argue it anymore. You guys have beaten me like a rented mule, I'm not going to argue the point. The only bearing to tell if I am right or if I am an idiot is August.

F-it not going to argue it anymore. You guys have beaten me like a rented mule, I'm not going to argue the point. The only bearing to tell if I am right or if I am an idiot is August.

Welcome to Patsfans.com!

Someone on the Pats Mailing List, Rich C, speculated that one reason that BB might have factored into his decision to trade EH III was that there was just a Rule Change outlawing wedge blocking on KRs, a rule change that might have compromised Hobbs' KR performance. I don't see why Hobbs in particular would be affected but perhaps others might have more insight.

If he's light's out he will get what Samuel makes or more, likely for another team. He cannot be franchised and he has exactly zero reason (other than injury risk) to sign a deal before free agency begins. And yes, he will probably say that he really wants to stay; and he would if the patriots are close to the highest bidder.

I'm aware, but common belief is if he lights it up, he'll be extended early.

Someone on the Pats Mailing List, Rich C, speculated that one reason that BB might have factored into his decision to trade EH III was that there was just a Rule Change outlawing wedge blocking on KRs, a rule change that might have compromised Hobbs' KR performance. I don't see why Hobbs in particular would be affected but perhaps others might have more insight.

Wouldn't that affect the rest of the returners though in particular the blockers and not so much him?

Wouldn't that affect the rest of the returners though in particular the blockers and not so much him?

Like you I'm mystified as to how Hobbs in particular would be affected such that his personal value of a KR would be reduced. In the past some posters here have posted long, excellent informative biopsies of what each person on a KR's personal duties are. I was hoping one of them could validate or refute the hypothethis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back