PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Haynesworth will be starting for the Bucs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not surprising at all considering how bad they have been this year on the DL. Also, I'm sure he has looked GREAT in practice so far.

They just lost McCoy and there's no denying his talent...but I they're going to have to take him off the field quite often to keep him fresh and (relatively) uninjured.

If he couldn't have a dominant performance with Wilfork beside him I can't fathom him having a great game with Tampa. Although in his favor I did see him push the pocket pretty well up until his cut. Who knows he might in his old scheme?

Over under on snaps?

he will play well if they let him bull rush the passer ... that's all he wants to do.

Starting what? Fights in the lockerroom? Good luck to the Bucs. I won't be surprised if he plays well today in the first half. I will be surprised if it lasts beyond today in the first half.

He better look like crap the rest of the season because if he somehow becomes successful in Tampa, something is wrong in New England.

Gerald McCoy (the runnerup prize in the Ndamakung Suh lottery a couple years ago) just went on IR, backup Frank Okam is out. Since the Gruden/Allen regime was exiled they have been steadfast in going with players who start their career in Tampa Bay, but they obviously made a very large exception to that rule signing Haynesworth.

If nothing else his style translates better to the one-gap style they use in Tampa, but it will be interesting to watch and see once he faces some adversity.

They still have Roy Miller and Brian Price at DT though, so I'll be curious to see how many snaps each of the three get. Maybe naming him the starter is some sort of ego-boosting motivational tactic, who knows.

He blocked the extra point on the first Texans TD and he was the only 1 to get pressure ob the 80 yard TD pass which lead to the extra point.

Last edited:
He has already done more in one quarter for the Bucs than he did in 8 games for the Pats.

Good to see he finally feels like playing. :rolleyes:

Please. So he'll play well for a few games or so while the spotlight is on him and then he'll fall back into his old pattern.

AH was a real difference maker out there today :rolleyes:

He had four tackles, one assist and a blocked extra point. Guess Raheem knows how to use the guy. :rolleyes:

He had four tackles, one assist and a blocked extra point. Guess Raheem knows how to use the guy. :rolleyes:

AND, his new D only gave up 37 points. Come on Tune, you're slipping. :)

The Texans rushed 44 times today. A bad starting DT could get 4 tackles when the opposing team rushes that many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes