PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Hate seeing stuff like this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, Rodney had just taken a dirty shot at the end of the 2006 season as well, so he was probably chomping at the bit for some payback already.

You're right, and that was the Titans too.

Topic: Willie Young would be off my team | lionsreport.com - Detroit Lions Football News, Commentary and Forums

Even the poster over at Forums | lionsreport.com - Detroit Lions Football News, Commentary and Forums were ticked off at Willie Young and all the extra-curricular nonsense last night.

They had a lot of fun last evening. Overall, not a bad read on their forum. It makes you realize how awful the Jets forums are.

Loved this post: :)

Im all for intensity and hard hitting football. I am absolutely against idiots who think they are somehow going to intimidate one of the best ever. Especially when your biggest claim to fame is that you “dominate” when games dont matter. Still makes me sick. Im glad we benched him, but Id have sent him off the field and be calling for trade partners right now. We already went through this in 2011. People who take matters into their own hands and cost the team for it have no business being here.

Last night was a clear example of what happens when one team (and its fans) treat a preseason game as having meaning and the other team doesn't.

It doesn't excuse all of the mistakes we saw, but there's no question that their was more intensity on the Lion's side than the Pats'. And during the preseason I can handle that.

Last night was a clear example of what happens when one team (and its fans) treat a preseason game as having meaning and the other team doesn't.

It doesn't excuse all of the mistakes we saw, but there's no question that their was more intensity on the Lion's side than the Pats'. And during the preseason I can handle that.

No doubt about it.

Still wanted them to go 23-0 d%#*!@t :)

Mankins is good for a couple retaliatory personal fouls a season. I loved it years ago when some guy stepped on his hand so Mankins punched him in the balls. Logan got flagged, I'm not sure if he also was kicked out of the game. But the instigator deserved it and spent several moments curled up on the field. :singing:

God I miss Rodney.

Amen ! We need an enforcer badly. Personal foul, taking the high road .. yada yada yada.. this is a f**** preseason game Mr Brady, just rip the guys throat out.. grow a pair :mad:

One bad game for the OL isn't a tendency. If they looked like this for all 3 pre-season games, I'd be concerned.

In BB/Dante/Brady We Trust :rocker:

I have a Hockey mentality, you never let someone get in the face of your QB like that, I don't care if we get 100 yard penalty, you pound that ************ into the ground. How embarrassing, I'm embarrassed that the Pats didn't show up, and also played like a bunch of wussies. This team is too finesse, tough teams beat the crap out of us. We need a team full of Logan Mankins'.

Well sorry your manhood has been insulted. I'm sure if next time it happens you run on to the field and take some of those bullies out you'll feel a lot better.

This thread is moronic. Out of all the problems last night, the fact the Patriots didn't tear the crap out of some punk that Brady pretty much LOLed at is your biggest concern? We could be focusing on the shaky O-line, the turnovers, the lack of anyone competent playing safety besides Devin McCourty- you know, actual football- but instead you want to make a big stink about NEEDIN TO SHOW WHOS BOSS GRRRRAWWWRRRR BECAUSE THIS WORKED ON MY HIGH SCHOOL HOCKEY TEAM AND BELICHICK SHOULD TRY IT TOOOO

There's a difference between being more 'physical' and giving a **** about jr high spats. The Patriots lost to the Ravens last year partially because they got outmuscled I guess- but there's a lot of technical football things that went wrong too, that chalking up to something some primitive-cave man would conclude, "WE NEED TO SHOW WE CANT BE PUSHED AROUND," is idiotic. Should we have asked Hernandez to try to execute Ray Lewis on field (oh man)? Or maybe the team just needs better players and better execution?

I disagree that their is no harm to the team. You are sending a message to the rest of the league that our team is easy to push around and intimidate. And that's exactly what that jackass was trying to do. It's nice to show restraint and let the other team get the penalties. But this is TOM FRIGGEN BRADY ! You can't allow that to happen. There is NOTHING wrong with showing some passion and sticking up for your teammate. You think our SB winning teams would have allowed that, no friggen way.

I'd suggest that it is a basic, entry-level responsibility of a professional athlete, in any sport, to do the personal emotional growth work that allows him to not have his mindset and concentration affected by the behavior of other players.

And, I'd suggest that the Patriots players and coaches don't care what the other teams think of them. They don't care if they think they are "easy to push around." Reality shows up on the playing field, and the Patriots aren't going to play differently because of the state of mind of another team. And any team that gets a false sense of confidence because of what your refer to is actually being set up for a surprise on the field, which works in the Patriot's favor.

When you say, "you can't allow that to happen" I hear weakness, not strength.

Amen ! We need an enforcer badly. Personal foul, taking the high road .. yada yada yada.. this is a f**** preseason game Mr Brady, just rip the guys throat out.. grow a pair :mad:

Couldn't have said it better myself :)

At the end, when the kid goes to the sideline and is admonished, he looks surprised at the reaction, as if he thought punk and bullying behavior is what was expected of him. He's looking around as if to say, "Hey, you guys are abandoning me now?" What is the culture of the Lion's team that would lead a rookie to believe that? Wow.

I think Adrian Wilson has the potential to play the role of enforcer.

Clearly we're a soft team that scores a bunch of points by avoiding contact and smoothly letting defenders evade us.

Rookie and 2nd year players getting in a Future HOF player's face aren't a sign of us being soft. It's a sign of the newest generation of NFL players having no respect for the greats that came before them.

Those of us fans that are day dreaming about us having an "enforcer" are trapped in the NFL of old. Enforcers don't exist anymore because the rules of hitting have changed. Your best shot at an enforcer is a Safety that came from the other side of the field full speed and blows up a WR.

Some 7th round draft pick Lions stiff got in Brady's face last night (and quickly benched, to Schwartz's credit).

That got me thinking about the comments in the game thread last night that teams know this team won't physically retaliate anymore for this crap and that's too bad... and the book is out on Brady to try and intimidate him.

They have to get nastier or teams will keep trying to push us around.

tom-brady.gif
The coaches will tell the offensive linemen to keep their eyes open for crap like that. They protect the QB in more ways than one. But it's tough to defend against something so random, out of the blue and totally uncalled for.

If you let another person's behavior dictate yours, even allow it to be a distraction, you are allowing them to determine the field of play and the terms of engagement.

The only thing that matters in a football game is having a higher score at the end (and avoiding injuries and anything else that will harm your ability to have a higher score in games going forward). There's no artistic merit medal, or macho metric.

There was no harm done to our football team's efforts at having a higher score by this guy's behavior. If the ref hadn't seen it, it would have had no impact on the game, unless the Patriots decide to let it have that impact.

Being embarrassed by that is a choice, and a loss of focus.
If you don't think that intimidation and exerting yourself on others isn't a large part of what goes on on the field, and impacts the final result, you've got another thing coming. Plays like this cannot and will not be tolerated.

That's hard to watch, but retaliating is not the right thing to do. As we saw with Antonio Smith (although in a pretty extreme example), Goodell is willing to suspend guys during the regular season for something that happens during the preseason. So if Mankins takes out Young and starts a brawl with punches being thrown, it's not absurd to think that there could be regular season ramifications. There's no reason to risk that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents