PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Half Time Show: Tom Petty What song fits us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
d%#*!@t i have the same avatar as Jax Pats.

Now i gotta change it.

No don't. I'll said I was going to update it after Sunday, lol. JK. I can change, no prob.

Done bro.:D

Lol i appreciate it but im also going to change mine after sunday as well.

Hopefully to something even better.

Thank you though for your kind gesture.:D

Agree. Tom Petty sucks and is now old. :)
He may be old - but he doesn't suck. In fact I think I'll put the Let Me Up (I've had enogh) CD on right now :rocker:

He may be old - but he doesn't suck. In fact I think I'll put the Let Me Up (I've had enogh) CD on right now :rocker:

His latest album "Highway Companion" is very good as well, on my workout playlist on my Ipod.

Plus, if BB likes him, I like him!

Last edited:
His latest album "Highway Companion" is very good as well, on my workout playlist on my Ipod.

Plus, if BB likes him, I like him!
I never listened to HC too much, I have it though. It deserves more listens. I liked TP mostly through about Let Me Up, he softened up a little on his CDs after that.

Too bad they don't have Bon Jovi - stuff like "It's My Life" and, of course, "Bounce" would be perfect.

"Won't Back Down"

Which is one of the 5 Tom Petty songs I know of.

That's a great tune, but if you don't know the rest of his catalog you will be impressed as his signature is consistent and would be similar to Back Down.

I like to think of him as a non-shred-guitarists'-guitarist. He's got a very guitar driven sound with very catchy rhythms. His stuff is fun to play without being overly technical.

dedicated to Plaxico "Rebel without a Clue"

Appropriate Petty songs for this game:

For the Pats - "It's Good to be King"
For the Giants - "Blue Sunday"

I haven't read the whole thread, so I apologize if this has been posted before, but, I gotta go with Tom Petty's "It's Good to Be King".

edit - lol, post right above mine, of course -- I jumped from Page 1. :bricks:

Last edited:
When it comes to the refs and the Pats, the choice is obvious - "Don't Do Me Like That".

When it comes to the Giants super bowl appearance "Even the Losers Get Lucky Sometime"

I just hope he plays old stuff instead of some new song no one has heard or cares about.

I just hope he plays old stuff instead of some new song no one has heard or cares about.

I have his latest album, and have to say it's VERY good. I agree, old standards will go over better, but if you haven't heard "Highway Companion" well, don't knock it till you've tried it.

"She said Daddy, you've been a mother to me."

Am I the only one pissed that Tom Petty is the halftime show? I hope I'm wrong but I think it's going to be lame. Stupid Janet and her nipple.

Am I the only one pissed that Tom Petty is the halftime show? I hope I'm wrong but I think it's going to be lame. Stupid Janet and her nipple.

Maybe it's cause I'm older than you, but (obviously from previous post) I'm a fan and think he'll be good. Not U2, but good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back