PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ha Ha A$ante $amuel$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Facts are the Jets have run circles round the patriots in the last few drafts. They couldn't sign any FA this year and came away with Cromartie and LT.

Replacing Chad Pennington with Brett Farve was a bad move? It's not Tannenbaum's fault the guys arm got injured, he had them at 8-3 up till the injury.

They're in great shape for the next decade due to the drafting and the hiring of Rex Ryan.

Mo got it right earlier. Assante was NEVER a shut down CB. He was a "big play" CB. A guy who could guess right and (after 3 years) make a play on the ball. He is a good CB, and I'd love to have him back with Pats, BUT he was NEVER worth the money he got from Philly.
The Pats D was perfect for him, especially with all the other guys who made the need his run support less impactfull. (BTW - I just read where Samuel had more missed tackles than any CB in the league....by far)

Boddin has proven to be a more well rounded CB who can press cover, and help in the run game. I wouldn't say he's a "better" CB than Samuel, because they have different skill sets. We should recognize that Samuel does SOME things as well as anyone in the league, but there are some holes in his game, and its THOSE holes that caused BB to refuse to pay top dollar for his services.

BOTTOM LINE, the original article about Samuel, just points out that like usual, BB was right about knowing the true value of players. He does make mistakes, like Thomas, but he wasn't wrong about NOT paying Samuel.

Do you hold Rodney Harrison to the same standard? If he hadn't 'choked' and had pried the ball off of Tyree's helmet like he was supposed to, we win the SB.

If you're going to define players' Patriot careers with dumb, knee-jerk reactions, at least be consistent with it.

Don't start bashing Rodney. Thats where I draw the line !

Facts are the Jets have run circles round the patriots in the last few drafts. They couldn't sign any FA this year and came away with Cromartie and LT

That's typical NY DELUSION. The Jets have won every "off season" Lombardi for the past 40 years. :rolleyes: And just what have the Jets gotten in your 2 highly touted FA acquisitions?

In Cromartie you have a tease, who looks the part, yet except for 9 games THREE seasons ago, has done NOTHING....even though he's had the chance to feast in the AFCW, where the only good team in the last 3 years has been his own. The stats have been published many times. Cromartie has been a fraud for the last 2 seasons, and SD was THRILLED to get rid of him....and get a 3rd/2nd.

BTW- the last time I heard Jet fans talk about how the signing of a former "all pro" CB would make their defense "invincible", just so happened to be last season, when you signed Lito Shepard.....and how did that work out for you. :rolleyes:

In LT you got EVEN LESS. Another "its all about me" player, like Cromartie, LT will take away snaps from Washington and Greene, and every time he does, it weakens the Jet offense.

So THANK YOU

Do you hold Rodney Harrison to the same standard? If he hadn't 'choked' and had pried the ball off of Tyree's helmet like he was supposed to, we win the SB.

If you're going to define players' Patriot careers with dumb, knee-jerk reactions, at least be consistent with it.

By the way thanks for the "dumb knee jerk reactions". Sticks and stones baby.

That's typical NY DELUSION. The Jets have won every "off season" Lombardi for the past 40 years. :rolleyes: And just what have the Jets gotten in your 2 highly touted FA acquisitions?

In Cromartie you have a tease, who looks the part, yet except for 9 games THREE seasons ago, has done NOTHING....even though he's had the chance to feast in the AFCW, where the only good team in the last 3 years has been his own. The stats have been published many times. Cromartie has been a fraud for the last 2 seasons, and SD was THRILLED to get rid of him....and get a 3rd/2nd.

BTW- the last time I heard Jet fans talk about how the signing of a former "all pro" CB would make their defense "invincible", just so happened to be last season, when you signed Lito Shepard.....and how did that work out for you. :rolleyes:

In LT you got EVEN LESS. Another "its all about me" player, like Cromartie, LT will take away snaps from Washington and Greene, and every time he does, it weakens the Jet offense.

So THANK YOU

The Jets were in the AFC championship, that's how well it worked out for them.

The Jets were in the AFC championship, that's how well it worked out for them.

And what does THAT mean. The Pats have been to the AFCCG 5 times this decade. I know its rarified strata to Jet fans, but while it was nice, what does it mean? You want a list of teams that have made it to a conference championship game, and then were never heard of again for a decade. The list is too long even to think about. Lets see the Jets win 11+ games in a regular season ONCE before we start calling them the team of the decade.

But not to worry, chowda, you have another 5 months where you can flap your gums and talk about the Jets going farther than the Pats in the playoffs before your team has to back up your words....and THEY may find it more difficult to it on the field than it is for you to do it in internet anonymity.

Last edited:
Replacing Chad Pennington with Brett Farve was a bad move? It's not Tannenbaum's fault the guys arm got injured, he had them at 8-3 up till the injury.
Neither of those particular QBs should be evaluated without regard to their injury risk.

Last edited:
And what does THAT mean. The Pats have been to the AFCCG 5 times this decade. I know its rarified strata to Jet fans, but while it was nice, what does it mean? You want a list of teams that have made it to a conference championship game, and then were never heard of again for a decade. The list is too long even to think about. Lets see the Jets win 11+ games in a regular season ONCE before we start calling them the team of the decade.

But not to worry, chowda, you have another 5 months where you can flap your gums and talk about the Jets going farther than the Pats in the playoffs before your team has to back up your words....and THEY may find it more difficult to it on the field than it is for you to do it in internet anonymity.

If you bother to take a few less sips of the kool-aid you'd would see that team is loaded with young talent, they're not going anywhere anytime soon.

Didn't you say last year they'd win maybe 6 games?

It's not 2003 anymore, there is no hot tub time machine for you to jump into.

Last edited:
Sounds like a guy who might miss an easy INT in a SuperBowl and cost you a 4th title and perfect season.......

So you would want James Sanders over Darren Sharper? That is essentially what you are saying.

Except that lil' Jimmy doesn't excel at tackling, either.

He excels at...ah...gimme a sec...ummm...I got nuthin.

Sounds like a guy who might miss an easy INT in a SuperBowl and cost you a 4th title and perfect season.......

a lot of people have said that the INT was makeable, but few have said it was "easy"...

Kudo's for Mangold, Harris, and Revis, but DBrick has been a solid but not quite elite LT, and that's not what you'd expect from a top 5 pick in the draft, and Keller did a sophmore disappearing job that was worthy of another one year wonder.

So stop touting Tanny like he's built a team for the ages. He built at team that was 9-7 and then went on a nice 2 game run in the playoffs. So what. Lets see how Tanny does keeping that team competitive over a decade.

Just like a typical Jet fan. One good season and you start posing your players for HOF busts. One good year on the field and everyone in NJ wants to make this guy EOY. He makes just as many bad decisions as everyone else. You want Kudos for Mangold and Harris, you'd better be prepared to take the brickbats for Gholston and Farve, or is Tanny in charge of only the decisions that work out well???????

Ease up just a bit, PFK. I hate the jesters & that embarassing slob Tubby Wrecks more than most, but Gunns is about the most thoughtful & deferential green beans poster here. And hey, when you're right, you're right.

Typical gangsta POS.

So Samuel being a ballhawk who doesn't like press coverage is news to Patriots fans, and the Eagles finding out that a Pro Bowl corner isn't big on contact is cause for joy?

If the Patriots traded for Samuel today, he'd step into the lineup as the team's undisputed CB1, so I'm not sure why the article is supposed to be a funny one. :confused2:
Leigh Bodden would have a bit to say about that.

What difference does it really make? How good do you guys think A$ante would be if played for the Pats now and their current state of pass-rushing abilities?

IIRC, Rodney also had an INT go through his hands on the last drive as did Meriweather.

Neither of those players left the team while demanding to be paid like a top player in their position either. The thing that makes Asante's screw up so bad to me is how in the ensuing off season he wanted to get paid like a superstar playmaker, when he had just choked when it really counted.

If Samuel was on our roster, he'd be our clear cut best CB. That's not funny, it's tragic.

Ha Ha Asante, you're rich and in the NFL! Take that, sucka!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News