PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ha Ha A$ante $amuel$

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Asante played fantastic football his final year in NE. I'm disappointed that he didn't make a play with the biggest opportunity of his career in the SB, but I can't disrespect how well he played for us for that entire season. I would love to see Asante back in a Pat's jersey, but I know he hasn't played all that well for the Iggles, especially considering his paycheck.

Last edited:
BB made the right call on this guy.
----------------------------------------
Samuel called out

While Pats fans continue to rue the loss of Asante Samuel [stats], there are people in Philadelphia who aren't completely enamored with the Pro Bowl cornerback.

Apparently, following the playoff loss to the Cowboys, first-year defensive coordinator Sean McDermott expressed exasperation over Samuel's refusal to play press coverage, along with his unwillingness to tackle.

Under smoke screen, Patriots eye USC players - BostonHerald.com

[Mod edit] Please keep copyrighted material to a couple of lines.

I don't rue his loss; I think there were times we could've used him for sure but I've never seen him as shutdown. Stats aside he missed some key plays during his tenure here and he's basically been a Zero since he left.

I don't think he deserves the mourning he gets. That said maybe his experience in Philly will humble him and give him some perspective. I'd take him back on a prove-it contract and at the rate he's going he should be grateful to get it.

He's joining the "couldn't succeed outside the Patriots' scheme" ranks and that's a label which seems to stick.

Rightfully so, too ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes