PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Guys its not over lets stand strong THIS IS A CHAMPIONSHIP SEASON

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's over. Remember 2013? Yeah...this is a disaster. The best TE in football is gone and a major blow to this offense. Add in with a very average defense with no pass rushers expect a loss in the Divisional game. I will root all year but losing Gronk is like if the Sox lost Ortiz in 2004.
If I had a dollar for every time you've posted "It's over", I wouldn't have to save for retirement anymore.

I would have felt better if i knew our defense could get off the field. Now this news put's pressure on the defense as well to perform if the offense struggles. They have to step up!!!!

For those comparing this to the 2013 season:

2013 vs. 2016

Running backs
22 Stevan Ridley < Dion Lewis
34 Shane Vereen = James White
29 LeGarrette Blount = LeGarrette Blount
38 Brandon Bolden = Brandon Bolden
46 James Develin = James Develin

Wide receivers
11 Julian Edelman = Julian Edelman
80 Danny Amendola = Danny Amendola
85 Kenbrell Thompkins < Chris Hogan
10 Austin Collie < Malcolm Mitchell
18 Matthew Slater = Matthew Slater

Tight ends
47 Michael Hoomanawanui < Martellus Bennett
88 Matthew Mulligan = Matt Lengel

I see four upgrades and what I'll call a wash between Vereen/White and Mulligan/Lengel.
2013 Edelman and Amendola are better than 2016 Edelman and Amendola

We haven't lost Brady, Hightower, or Butler for the year. This isn't good any way you look at it, but it could be worse. Let's keep rolling on and see what happens.

For those who think the season is over, I refer them back to 2001 and what happened there and to the first 4 games of this season. The Patriots won without Brady and Gronk. Heck, even last year, the offense was more banged up then now and the Patriots still came very close to going to another SB.

Anyone who isn't rainbows and sunshine about this team 24/7 is a chicken little apparently. Something I've noticed.

Explain what the point of crying and quitting is? I'm a fan and this is a good team with or without Gronk, and in case you have forgotten they still have the greatest player in football history and he is playing like it. Many patriot fans have turned into complete *****es, they cry if there's any adversity and call players soft for getting hurt but miss the irony altogether that they are the ones who have really become soft. Sh.t happens and the team that deals with it best wins in the end. My money for the team best equipped to deal with the sh.t that happens is still on the Patriots. Anyone who wants to is welcome to quit on them but they certainly shouldn't be b.tching that others won't follow them.

So I'm supposed to ignore losing a top 5 TE in history, an average defensive team, and a hurt TB12 with his knee? Who am I kidding? Everything is so beautiful in this world. Let's frolic through the flowers and sing about how happy we are.

No, I don't expect you to ignore the loss of Gronkowski. But 200+ posts into your time here, and I'm still waiting to see you post something that would lead me to believe you even enjoy being a fan. Yes, I'm certainly guilty of a doom and gloom mentality at times. But if that's all there is, why even bother?

Hell yes! This season is far from over! The glass is still half full for me, for those with a glass half empty feeling,um....have fun?

Losers are always going to take adversity tough and cry about it. They are all about what is bad and quitting. That is what losers do and we have a contingent of them on this forum. They are losers so just laugh at them.

And NO you dont have to be positive about everything or not concerned or frustated about things. But there is a big difference between worry and being a ****y *****.

But 200+ posts into your time here, and I'm still waiting to see you post something that would lead me to believe you even enjoy being a fan.
He is a whiny *****.

Losers are always going to take adversity tough and cry about it. They are all about what is bad and quitting. That is what losers do and we have a contingent of them on this forum. They are losers so just laugh at them.

And NO you dont have to be positive about everything or not concerned or frustated about things. But there is a big difference between worry and being a ****y *****.

...you're mad?

Wait wasn't the OP just yesterday was full on doom-and-gloom about the Pats chances this season based on the practice report from a Wednesday practice?

Wait wasn't the OP just yesterday was full on doom-and-gloom about the Pats chances this season based on the practice report from a Wednesday practice?

I'm pretty sure he had a manic breakdown in the last game thread about how the season was over too.

The Patriots have gone 5-1 pretty much without Gronk this season. Four of those weeks, Brady was also out. It's not ideal, but I have faith. Why shouldn't I with the GOAT HC and QB of the NEP at the helm?

And for those who say the Pats are "CURSED"...a leading winning percentage and these......
sb-exhibit2.jpg

....beg to differ with you.

You can't sugarcoat the lost. This team need's home field advantage more than ever now.

You are a broken record. We get it, you think they need home field, you've made that clear all season. Think at this point every other post from you is you saying something about having home field.

You are a broken record. We get it, you think they need home field, you've made that clear all season. Think at this point every other post from you is you whining about having to have home field.

Well at least he is not repeating over and over how much the D sucks. So we got that going for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents