PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Greetings From San Diego!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) I think SOS & SOV is this year and is relevant. We played a tougher schedule and fared better.
I think it's a little overrated as the Chargers' is brought down by playing the Raiders twice. I bet the median opponent and thereabouts, is more relevant and would be closer.

Regardless I think the Patriots would win for many of your other reasons.

I can stay in present day with present players and coaches.......

1) I think SOS & SOV is this year and is relevant. We played a tougher schedule and fared better, all things considered - especially injuries, look again, we are going to be as healthy as we have been all year as we kick off our next Superbowl run.

2) I also think comparing our coach to your coach - this year, this decade or throughout their careers is important. Advantage Patriots

3) You have a great running back - we have three very good ones.

4) You have a great tight end - we have three very good ones.

5) I'll take our defense over yours, hands down.

However - the bottom line in this entire discussion can be summed up in two words: TOM BRADY

The man will not be denied this year.

Brady has already been denied this year and rightfully so and our defense, like Miami's, consistently pressures the quarterback and yours does not.

And of course, the Marty question/issue will not be resolved this year until the play-offs. But I will tell you that since our Baltimore loss, Marty is no longer going to conservative play-calling in hopes of protecting small leads late in the game which in the past we inevitably lost in the closing minutes. To the contrary, he has been consistently aggressive in seeking to extend leads with TD's rather than settling for field position or field goals.

That is the major difference this year and I do not see him reverting to "MartyBall" at the inopportune time in the play-offs. But again it remains to be seen.

I have always given the Patriots credit even before and after my prediction last year on this board that your 23 game home victory streak would come to an end at the hands of Marty and the Chargers which it did. There was no doubt that we dominated you guys in that game on your field from start to finish.

And I have no doubt that we will dominate you again in San Diego if you guys make it past the first round which I expect you to do regardless of who you play.

I'd LOVE to see the Chargers try to win a Super Bowl with Rivers at the helm, he has been exploited the past 4-5 weeks and will continue to be, If the Chargers wanted to win it all they should of stuck with Brees. BTW Steroid boy still playing Linebacker for you?

Exploited to such great extent that the team has won 9 games in a row everyone of which include critical plays made by Rivers when they had to be made.:)

And yes, Merriman is still playing linebacker and unfortunately for Brady so is Shaun "the other guy" Phillips.:(

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom
Brady showed his true colors when we smoked the Pats at their house.

Rather than man up, and congratulate the team that had just handed his ass to him, he ran off the field without so much as a hand shake, a "good game", or a pat on the back to anyone.

The Golden Boy got owned, and ran off to pout. I'd love to have the Pats in San Diego as our first game.

Neither Bill B., Brady or the Pats want to play us and are even now contemplating their strategy on this week's game to possibly avoid the Bolts in the divisional round.;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chargertom
Brady showed his true colors when we smoked the Pats at their house.

Rather than man up, and congratulate the team that had just handed his ass to him, he ran off the field without so much as a hand shake, a "good game", or a pat on the back to anyone.

The Golden Boy got owned, and ran off to pout. I'd love to have the Pats in San Diego as our first game.

Neither Bill B., Brady or the Pats want to play us and are even now contemplating their strategy on this week's game to possibly avoid the Bolts in the divisional round.;)
You sound pretty ****y IMO.Your Bolts could get knocked out in the divisional round.There's no such thing as avoiding to play you guys in the playoffs.If everything goes as planned,we''ll eventually wound up playing you guys in the postseason.Which QB would you rather have in the playoffs with 1 game on the line (Brady or Rivers)?

The whole Brady-pouted thing kind of makes sense from the POV of a Chargers fan, since that organization's had so much more practice than the Pats of late in disappointment and being a gracious loser.

Please bear with Tom. He might not get those fine points down for years.

PFnV

You sound pretty ****y IMO.Your Bolts could get knocked out in the divisional round.There's no such thing as avoiding to play you guys in the playoffs.If everything goes as planned,we''ll eventually wound up playing you guys in the postseason.Which QB would you rather have in the playoffs with 1 game on the line (Brady or Rivers)?

Just trying to get you guy's focus on where it belongs.;)

And in answer to your question, I would want Brady but unfortunately for you it is the Pats vs Bolts and that is where our advantage lies.

The whole Brady-pouted thing kind of makes sense from the POV of a Chargers fan, since that organization's had so much more practice than the Pats of late in disappointment and being a gracious loser.

Please bear with Tom. He might not get those fine points down for years.

PFnV

We have and we are but as we both know regardless of Bolts and Pats Fans POV.........

All Good Things Must Come To An End!:singing:

We have and we are but as we both know regardless of Bolts and Pats Fans POV.........

All Good Things Must Come To An End!:singing:

Right you are and in your case that would be your hopes of a Championship. :eek:

Tom Brady will break your heart....:D

Right you are and in your case that would be your hopes of a Championship. :eek:

Tom Brady will break your heart....:D

HA HA.....the only thing we are hoping for at this moment is that you guys make it past the first round so that you can come visit us in San Diego for the 2nd Annual Brady Meltdown!:rocker:

HA HA.....the only thing we are hoping for at this moment is that you guys make it past the first round so that you can come visit us in San Diego for the 2nd Annual Brady Meltdown!:rocker:
2nd Annual Brady Meltdown??? Oh, brother! Are you guys planning on having the men in stripes play for you, too, as Denver did last year?

Trust me - that's the only way you'll be able to pull it off.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours!

2nd Annual Brady Meltdown??? Oh, brother! Are you guys planning on having the men in stripes play for you, too, as Denver did last year?

Trust me - that's the only way you'll be able to pull it off.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours!

Thanks and same to you and yours!:)

And no, we will not have the men in stripes play but we will have plenty of California cheese on hand to go along with the Bradywhine.;)

dude come on. Lets not overblow things. He had 2 bad games and will right himself this week against arizona. Thats why RIVERS is in the pro bowl over Tom Brady. The Commentators said last week. With 2 min left and no timeouts that Phillip Rivers will have his chance to prove he earned that pro bowl spot with this drive right here. What happened? Daggers down the field. 15 yarders to gates and Jackson and then the big 37 yard BOMB to the back of the end zone a perfect pass to Vincent Jackson. The Boy can play period! 3 dramatic comeback wins over quality teams: Denver Cincy Seattle Pro Bowl in his first season as a starter, Mvp of 5 bowl games in college...Super Bowl Champion soon to be added to the list. :rocker:

Boy I can't wait to see Rivers face as he comes out for his first snap ever in the playoffs, that will be a sight to watch. BTW the only reason Rivers made the Pro Bowl is because of the record of the team, everyone knows Brady had a much better season. I don't think the Pro Bowl really matters though. As 3 time Super Bowl winner Tom Brady said "I only have an interest in playing in 1 bowl, and it sure ain't the pro bowl" I will let you and your Charger fans brag about getting 10 guys in the pro bowl, but at the end of the day that will be the story of your season. It will end in defeat as Martyball fails again.

Boy I can't wait to see Rivers face as he comes out for his first snap ever in the playoffs, that will be a sight to watch. BTW the only reason Rivers made the Pro Bowl is because of the record of the team, everyone knows Brady had a much better season. I don't think the Pro Bowl really matters though. As 3 time Super Bowl winner Tom Brady said "I only have an interest in playing in 1 bowl, and it sure ain't the pro bowl" I will let you and your Charger fans brag about getting 10 guys in the pro bowl, but at the end of the day that will be the story of your season. It will end in defeat as Martyball fails again.

It is hilarious how the Pro-Bowl all of a sudden becomes totally unimportant when not many Pats are involved in it.;)

By the way, please get your facts straight as Rivers has had and is having a better season than Brady as evidenced by the fact that unlike your team the Bolts have not been shut-out this year.

And as far as Marty is concerned, sorry to tell you Marty owns Bill B.:)

It is hilarious how the Pro-Bowl all of a sudden becomes totally unimportant when not many Pats are involved in it.;)

By the way, please get your facts straight as Rivers has had and is having a better season than Brady as evidenced by the fact that unlike your team the Bolts have not been shut-out this year.

OK good, I hope you have convinced your self that there is no worry when you play the Pats.

Now, go away and we'll see you in a few weeks, just be sure to come on back as you dry your eyes following our visit.

I'll put my money where my mouth is dude....

There are never a lot of Pats in the Pro Bowl. That is why it's a perennial joke in NE. The only reason it's worthwhile is because it consistently allows the Patriots to play the disrespect card against paper tigers like the Chargers.

Like Brady said -- the only Bowl we care about is the Super Bowl.

OK good, I hope you have convinced your self that there is no worry when you play the Pats.

Now, go away and we'll see you in a few weeks, just be sure to come on back as you dry your eyes following our visit.

I'll put my money where my mouth is dude....

As evidence by past postings on this board, no new convincing is necessary as I was completely convinced both before and after last year's easy ending of your 21-game home winning streak:)

Actually our only hope is that you do not get side-tracked from your final destination. The Land of the Bolts will be rooting very hard for your team next week.

And of course my money is where my mouth is, as it has been this entire season, and both are doing quite well thank you very much.:D

Good Luck Tomorrow!

Tomlinson usually does well against you guys. He burned you for 217 yards in 02 I believe and his team beat the crap out of you last year. I ask you this do you think the Pats were better this year or last year?
This year's team is better. And if you compare this year's team to the team you faced last year it's dramatically better because the '05 team was shoddy on defense the first half of the year but got dramatically better when Bruschi returned, Vrabel went inside and Wilfork made big strides.

You had your run pats fans but now its time for a new one.
Your team should probably win a playoff game before you start talking about it's "run".

LOL, I don't think ole Marty is owning anyone come playoff time, everyone knows he is a regular season warrior who tightens up in big spots, he has taken teams much better than the 2006 Chargers and had them wilt in the playoffs, this season won't be much different.

BB's Career postseason record: 11-2 (.846)

"Big Game" Marty (According to you anyways) playoff record you might ask? I shouldn't have to tell a Chargers fan should I? Well anyways he comes in a whopping: 5-12 in the POSTSEASON, boy, he sure does own BB I'll tell ya !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST