PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Greetings From San Diego!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give me a rookie QB in the playoffs inside loud RCA anyday. Im pretty sure Dungy would put 8 in the box and force Rivers to chuck it.

i respect your opinion ryan but i dont know if the colts can stop the run that too LT with 8 men in the box this yr...that being said...its all on peyton...if he calls the right protection against the 3-4 he can make it work other wise he is going to get hit and sacked like the dallas game and everyone will blame the o line/protection problems....if peyton just ran the plays called from the sideline , he would have more sucesss...he tries to do it himself against all the D coordinators watching with all kinda cameras and gets overwhelmed in the playoffs

As a reminder to all
The Indy Colts are tied with the Lions and Browns for SB's won.

csfoster, I really like the bolts this year. They seem like a complete team with the exception of your HC. They are to be feared in the playoffs.

Ryan, you are right in not taken the Pats for granted. Even with Peyton having a MONSTER game against us you guys were able only to beat us by 7 points and the outcome of the game decided in the final minute. That says a lot about what COULD happen if we play just a little better.

These playoffs look like they are going to be really fun... ;)

csfoster, I really like the bolts this year. They seem like a complete team with the exception of your HC. They are to be feared in the playoffs.

Ryan, you are right in not taken the Pats for granted. Even with Peyton having a MONSTER game against us you guys were able only to beat us by 7 points and the outcome of the game decided in the final minute. That says a lot about what COULD happen if we play just a little better.

These playoffs look like they are going to be really fun... ;)

Perhaps Pats, Indy, and Bolts Fans can all agree that the play-offs will be a lot more fun without Baltimore having a home-field advantage in the second round. :)

Here's to Cincy winning tonight!

I'm so with you on this one.I'm sorry Colts fans but could you guys imagine your team trying to stop LT in the playoffs.The Colts have no answer what so ever for LT.I really don't know what's the fuss because none of us knows what the future holds.I can gaurentee you this,that in the end it will all come down to which team's defense steps up.Defense wins (I'm pretty sure you can finish this sentence)!

CHAMPIONSHIPS :rocker:

yeah, I agree with you here, the colts better hope they don't see LT in the playoffs...he'll rip 'em a new one.

Perhaps Pats, Indy, and Bolts Fans can all agree that the play-offs will be a lot more fun without Baltimore having a home-field advantage in the second round. :)

Here's to Cincy winning tonight!

I hear that. :)

CHAMPIONSHIPS :rocker:

yeah, I agree with you here, the colts better hope they don't see LT in the playoffs...he'll rip 'em a new one.

To be honest with you... I think LT would shred any defense in the playoffs. He's a machine. That being said, if Peyton runs the offense like he did against the Iggles on Sunday, LT won't see much of the field. Colts had the ball with what 10 minutes left in the 4th? Iggles never saw the football again until Addai finished his brilliant game-ending drive.

Ball control, Ball control, Ball control.

To be honest with you... I think LT would shred any defense in the playoffs. He's a machine. That being said, if Peyton runs the offense like he did against the Iggles on Sunday, LT won't see much of the field. Colts had the ball with what 10 minutes left in the 4th? Iggles never saw the football again until Addai finished his brilliant game-ending drive.

Ball control, Ball control, Ball control.
Addai would never have rushed like that against San Diego, nor will he rush like that against most of the AFC playoff teams. I guess you can dream tho.

Addai would never have rushed like that against San Diego, nor will he rush like that against most of the AFC playoff teams. I guess you can dream tho.

17 for 93 against DEN. 5.5AVG

Their defense is perty good if you ask me. Kids a part time player who's getting better as the season goes on. He would have cracked the 100 yard stat a good number of times if Rhodes stopped getting carries.

You can continue to dream if you'd like, though. Our rookie is better than yours. :)

Their defense is perty good if you ask me. Kids a part time player who's getting better as the season goes on. He would have cracked the 100 yard stat a good number of times if Rhodes stopped getting carries.

You can continue to dream if you'd like, though. Our rookie is better than yours. :)

He definitely was for one Sunday, which is what's important, evidently. But you know you wanted Maroney, and so did Shanny. Face it.

As for who matches up well against whom... I'm with those who would relish a Bolts/Colts game along the way, just to watch the laugh riot as the Colts' keystone kops rush D attempts to deal with LT.

What would be even more fun is watching the Colts stack the box, so LT can throw TDs against them... has anyone ever scored 2 receiving, 2 passing, and 2 running? This matchup holds out hope for such an outcome.

The Pats are in a good place right now, given the last couple of games, bouncing back from the scandalous 2-loss-in-a-row trough... but I currently don't put them above the Chargers, or -- surprise, surprise -- the Colts. I think it'll be a judgment you need to make after the game (against the Colts,) since they won the first. Whatever we like to say around here, Manning is a special QB, and will end up with a ring one day. Just not a day the Pats are still in it, please.

BUT- a Colts/Bolts game would be a circus of scoring, and I think it would end up with SD on top.

PS - in the usual rock-paper-scissors fashion, I think the Pats know how to eliminate a weapon of LT's nature, the one guy you remove and collapse an attack. So I like the Pats in a Pats/Bolts game.

The Rams had Warner, Holt, Bruce, yadda yadda yadda, but Belichick realized you could take away Faulk and it fell apart. I think much the same pertains to Rivers and Gates when you take away (or even significantly contain) LT. But that's hard for even a good D to do, and Indy's not up to the task.

PFnV

Please let this troll thread die, for the love of god! :rolleyes:

I mean, just move on to a better thread, folks!

Now we have a Chargers troll who you guys are feeding. When does it end?

Cincy on the verge of doing us all a big favor!!! 2 minutes to go and up 13-0 over the Ravens:singing:

Please let this troll thread die, for the love of god! :rolleyes:

I mean, just move on to a better thread, folks!

Now we have a Chargers troll who you guys are feeding. When does it end?

It is sadly apparent that a few will always feel threaten by intelligence and accordingly resort to simple name calling as their only line of defense.:(

The Bolts need to be ready for a snow game....,maybe a bit tougher...

Thanks for the kind words for our beloved PATS, however given that we are in the middle of the season I must respectfully say, as not to have nightmares and loose my sence of honor. WE WOULD STOMP THE CHARGERS! P-A-T-S.......... GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After the season please stop by again for some friendly conversation, I will post some pics of our new trophy and rings for you. :rocker: Thanks for visiting.

A Fortunate or Unfortunate Development for Pats and Indy Fans?.........

Baltimore's stumble means additional trouble for the Bills on Sunday.

Already excited with the suspended return of Merriman coupled with the injury return of 5 starters who missed last week's Oakland game, the Bolts, just like the Pats and Colts, have been given additional motivation to win on Sunday courtesy of the Bengals defeat of the Ravens on Thursday.

As of right now, the Bolts would be the 2nd seed in the AFC Play-offs and as such would enjoy a 1st round bye and a 2nd round home-field advantage which in effect could mean 1 less trip east on the way to the Superbowl.

The possible realization of this opportunity now makes Sunday a "must win game" from the Bolts perspective and likely provides them with an additional incentive against the Bills in Buffalo.

.......How Say You?:)

Last edited:

Idiot. Seriously, I dont know why anyone responds to Colts trolls. Their team is the most overrated and underachieviing team in NFL history. The fact they have an "AFC Finalist" banner tells me everything I need to know about that laughable franchise.

A Fortunate or Unfortunate Development for Pats and Indy Fans?.........

Baltimore's stumble means additional trouble for the Bills on Sunday.

Already excited with the suspended return of Merriman coupled with the injury return of 5 starters who missed last week's Oakland game, the Bolts, just like the Pats and Colts, have been given additional motivation to win on Sunday courtesy of the Bengals defeat of the Ravens on Thursday.

As of right now, the Bolts would be the 2nd seed in the AFC Play-offs and as such would enjoy a 1st round bye and a 2nd round home-field advantage which in effect could mean 1 less trip east on the way to the Superbowl.

The possible realization of this opportunity now makes Sunday a "must win game" from the Bolts perspective and likely provides them with an additional incentive against the Bills in Buffalo.

.......How Say You?:)

I think SD has big probems in Buffalo is that forecast is right. Besides, there's still the Schottenchoke factor too for those who are worried about them in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News