PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Greetings From San Diego!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is hilarious how the Pro-Bowl all of a sudden becomes totally unimportant when not many Pats are involved in it.;)

By the way, please get your facts straight as Rivers has had and is having a better season than Brady as evidenced by the fact that unlike your team the Bolts have not been shut-out this year.

And as far as Marty is concerned, sorry to tell you Marty owns Bill B.:)

Search back and you'll see I, for one, have always been opposed to the Pro Bowl and don't want ANY Pats playing it.

Funny how you Sandy Eggos fans are sounding more and more like Dolt fans of the past. :rolleyes:

Search back and you'll see I, for one, have always been opposed to the Pro Bowl and don't want ANY Pats playing it.

Funny how you Sandy Eggos fans are sounding more and more like Dolt fans of the past. :rolleyes:

Except that we have a better record than the Colts do against you guys:)

LOL, I don't think ole Marty is owning anyone come playoff time, everyone knows he is a regular season warrior who tightens up in big spots, he has taken teams much better than the 2006 Chargers and had them wilt in the playoffs, this season won't be much different.

BB's Career postseason record: 11-2 (.846)

"Big Game" Marty (According to you anyways) playoff record you might ask? I shouldn't have to tell a Chargers fan should I? Well anyways he comes in a whopping: 5-12 in the POSTSEASON, boy, he sure does own BB I'll tell ya !!

Bill B. is 0-0 in the play-offs and 2-7 in the regular season against Marty.

There should be no doubt that across the board this Chargers team is the best Marty has ever coached and with that said anything less than a SuperBowl appearance, Marty will be history in San Diego.

And you guys keep forgetting about our contingency plan already in place to immediately remove Marty from the sidelines upon the first sighting of any tightening:bricks:

There should be no doubt that across the board this Chargers team is the best Marty has ever coached and with that said anything less than a SuperBowl appearance, Marty will be history in San Diego.

And you guys keep forgetting about our contingency plan already in place to immediately remove Marty from the sidelines upon the first sighting of any tightening:bricks:

BTW I wouldn't be so proud of your pro bowl entries with Shawne "Roidboy" Merriman as one of them. I lost all respect for the guy after he got caught red handed and suspended for just 4 games which is a mere slap on the wrist.

The Chargers are very talented on paper and LT is the best running back in the league right now, but the game isn't won on paper. Let's see how you guys do when the games really matter.

BTW I wouldn't be so proud of your pro bowl entries with Shawne "Roidboy" Merriman as one of them. I lost all respect for the guy after he got caught red handed and suspended for just 4 games which is a mere slap on the wrist.

The Chargers are very talented on paper and LT is the best running back in the league right now, but the game isn't won on paper. Let's see how you guys do when the games really matter.

As it is, the players, coaches and NFL Fans voted Merriman to the Pro-Bowl and did so before, during, and after his 4-game suspension.

My take on whether or not as a result of his suspension should he be eligible for the DPOY Award is that this issue and the possibility of such a situation occurring should have been dealt with by the league itself before the fact and not after the fact and since it was not then he is eligible. The NFL will likely amend its drug policy during the off-season to make such players ineligible for post-season awards and the Pro-Bowl without any opposition from the Players Union.

In regard to Merriman himself, it is a matter of whether there was a clear intent to cheat or was it an unfortunate mistake on his part as he has claimed. Should he ever fail another test, then obviously the intent to cheat becomes self-evident to everyone and he deserves ridicule by all. But until he does fail another test, he deserves the benefit of doubt which will likely remain for his entire career.

To all you Pats Fans who enjoy talking to Indy Fans, please take a moment and offer them some emotional support. They are not very optimistic (indeed they are overly pessimistic) that they will beat KC which if it were to happen would jeopardize your planned trip to Sunny San Diego to face the Bolts after you dispose the pesky Jets.

Thus, Indy Fans could use an encouraging word from you guys this week.:)

Congratulations on your easy victory Sunday and here's to your knocking down the Jets.:rocker:

Last edited:
As it is, the players, coaches and NFL Fans voted Merriman to the Pro-Bowl and did so before, during, and after his 4-game suspension.

My take on whether or not as a result of his suspension should he be eligible for the DPOY Award is that this issue and the possibility of such a situation occurring should have been dealt with by the league itself before the fact and not after the fact and since it was not then he is eligible. The NFL will likely amend its drug policy during the off-season to make such players ineligible for post-season awards and the Pro-Bowl without any opposition from the Players Union.

In regard to Merriman himself, it is a matter of whether there was a clear intent to cheat or was it an unfortunate mistake on his part as he has claimed. Should he ever fail another test, then obviously the intent to cheat becomes self-evident to everyone and he deserves ridicule by all. But until he does fail another test, he deserves the benefit of doubt which will likely remain for his entire career.

Three things:

First of all, glad to have you. Just keep your comments positive and knowledgeable (as they apparently have been to date) and you'll keep your welcome out here through the Playoffs.

Second, "the enemy of my enemy is my friend." Until we play you, I like the Chargers because every game you win is an indictment of Archie M-A-N-N-I-N-G who suckered the Giants into trading three Pro Bowlers to San Diego for Eli, the brother of Peyton.

Third, what's the local word on Rivers' condition after yesterday's game?

Last edited:
Three things:

First of all, glad to have you. Just keep your comments positive and knowledgeable (as they apparently have been to date) and you'll keep your welcome out here through the Playoffs.

Second, "the enemy of my enemy is my friend." Until we play you, I like the Chargers because every game you win is an indictment of Archie M-A-N-N-I-N-G who suckered the Giants into trading three Pro Bowlers to San Diego for Eli, the brother of Peyton.

Third, what's the local word on Rivers' condition after yesterday's game?

Well thank you for your welcoming endorsement although I will note that I have posted on this board since January of 2005 starting with my at the time rather famous infamous "I Hate the Word Dynasty" first post.:)

Second, in regard to the Mannings, I have always had great respect for Peyton but will likely never have any respect for Eli or Archie even though I like many have many times thank them for the results of their disrepect paid to our team.:mad:

And as far as Rivers, as evidenced by the link below he will be flowing much to the great dismay of any opponent in the play-offs.:D

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20070101/news_lz1s1poster.html

Last edited:
Well thank you for your welcoming endorsement although I will note that I have posted on this board since January of 2005 starting with my at the time rather famous infamous "I Hate the Word Dynasty" first post.:)

Second, in regard to the Mannings, I have always had great respect for Peyton but will likely never have any respect for Eli or Archie even though I like many have many times thank them for the results of their disrepect paid to our team.:mad:

And as far as Rivers, as evidenced by the link below he will be flowing much to the great dismay of any opponent in the play-offs.:D

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20070101/news_lz1s1poster.html

Sorry I missed your earlier posts.

I respect Peyton, I just don't like him; but we have common ground on the familial dis of the Chargers.

I'm actually glad to hear that Rivers is well. I would look forward to seeing how he deals with a BB defense in a Playoff game.

Sorry I missed your earlier posts.

I respect Peyton, I just don't like him; but we have common ground on the familial dis of the Chargers.

I'm actually glad to hear that Rivers is well. I would look forward to seeing how he deals with a BB defense in a Playoff game.

I must admit I both respect and like Peyton just not the rest of his family:) :mad:

As documented in this thread, I have been calling for our Bolts to play the Pats in the Divisional round for the last 4 weeks and my only concern now is that this showdown in San Diego may be pre-empted by KC beating Indy and hence my call for all Pats Fans to offer Indy Fans some encouragement this week:eek:

And given that it is January, please find below my very first post on this board (1/25/05) which still has great relevance today even though it came to naught the year it was written.;)

----------------
Dear Pats Fans,

Just so you know, I hate the word "Dynasty"! Just do not like it. Never have since it has never applied to any of the Chargers teams I have grown old rooting for. Indeed, I was quickly reminded of my long-standing great distaste for this word immediately following Sunday's AFC Championship game.

Yet, no doubt I will be hearing, seeing, and reading this demeaning word repeatedly ad nauseum for the next several days leading up to the Superbowl. As in every time I listen to sports radio, in everything I watch on ESPN, and in every NFL sports article I read in newspapers and magazines published across the land.

Can anyone blame me for not rooting for the Patriots on Superbowl Sunday? If the Pats win, I will not even be able to turn around without getting bombarded by this ugly word day in day out until next year's Superbowl at minimum. It would not even surprise me to see that old TV show "Dynasty" suddenly reappear on prime time on several stations.

Nope, no way, no how. Thus, for the very first time as a forever AFL/AFC guy, I find myself rooting for the other side. So Please...Please...Philly, for the sake of my very sanity, Please...Please beat those Dynastic Patriots for me.

Do it so I will not be constantly reminded that we Bolts Fans have no rights to use that word. But of course, when we do have the right, I will fall deeply in love with it.

I Hate the Word "Dynasty"!

Sincerely and All in Serious Fun,

Caryl

Last edited:
Tomlinson usually does well against you guys. He burned you for 217 yards in 02 I believe and his team beat the crap out of you last year. I ask you this do you think the Pats were better this year or last year? and do you think the Chargers are better this year or last year. Fact is the Chargers are the better team in both years. And would roll the pats if they come into san diego in a playoff game... 9 Pro bowlers coming at you with likely 12 or 13 when its all said and done in their careers. Merriman Castillo Williams Phillips McCree Jammer thats just the defense... ha L.T. Neal, Rivers, Parker, Gates, Jackson McCardell. We can hit you with anyone at any time and they are ALL good. All catch the bal and Rivers rarely turns it over. Chargers are destined for the super bowl and the Pats are just a speed bump on our way to glory. You had your run pats fans but now its time for a new one.

last year ? what the hell does last year have to do with this year ? that was brees and caldwell. they are gone now. the pats have had a thirty year win streak against your charger girls. that's gone now. the pats are looking for their 4th sb victory in 6 years. what do you got ? nothing. you got marty's balls.

To all you Pats Fans who enjoy talking to Indy Fans, please take a moment and offer them some emotional support. They are not very optimistic (indeed they are overly pessimistic) that they will beat KC which if it were to happen would jeopardize your planned trip to Sunny San Diego to face the Bolts after you dispose the pesky Jets.

Thus, Indy Fans could use an encouraging word from you guys this week.:)

Congratulations on your easy victory Sunday and here's to your knocking down the Jets.:rocker:

So if Indy loses then you have to face KC? Isn't that what you would want?

So if Indy loses then you have to face KC? Isn't that what you would want?

Absolutely not and it has nothing to do with KC. To coin an old phrase......

Give Me the Patriots or Give Me Death!:D

Last edited:

The two best teams are the Bolts and Pats from a stats standpoint. Its only RIGHT that they meet in the REAL Superbowl, ... the AFCCG!:D

(Marty needs a tune up and a victory before he is put to the REAL test.):(

I could not care less whether we play you or not...matter of fact - I would prefer not, as then we very well may have the AFCCG right here in Foxboro.

Either way - Pats will win as they are Miami bound, sorry to rain(reign) on your parade!

I could not care less whether we play you or not...matter of fact - I would prefer not, as then we very well may have the AFCCG right here in Foxboro.

Either way - Pats will win as they are Miami bound, sorry to rain(reign) on your parade!

After you hopefully get by the Jets in the first round and if necessary (due a KC win) beat Baltimore in the divisional round, all lingering thoughts of a Pats reign will completely dry up in Sunny San Diego.:)

I would *love* to drive down to SD to catch a divisional round Pats/Chargers game. I don't think that's going to happen, though (the drive, not the matchup).

csfoster: Regarding your sig...your future vision includes moving The Murph to the waterfront? I'm sure an architect could come up with a much better stadium design. ;)

Regards,
Chris

I would *love* to drive down to SD to catch a divisional round Pats/Chargers game. I don't think that's going to happen, though (the drive, not the matchup).

csfoster: Regarding your sig...your future vision includes moving The Murph to the waterfront? I'm sure an architect could come up with a much better stadium design. ;)

Regards,
Chris

Chris of Sunnyvale,

My apologies, neither an architect nor a graphic artist am I.:eek:

A review of any one of the countless posts and articles written by me on the critical issue of keeping the Chargers the San Diego Chargers would document my consistent view that the existing Qualcomm site in Mission Valley is the most viable site for a new stadium.

Since it proved difficult to imaginatively capture a future vision of the Chargers in a world-class City of San Diego using a picture of Mission Valley, I chose instead to juxtapose an image of the existing stadium with an identifiable image of the San Diego downtown skyline. :)

Caryl

Last edited:
After you hopefully get by the Jets in the first round and if necessary (due a KC win) beat Baltimore in the divisional round, all lingering thoughts of a Pats reign will completely dry up in Sunny San Diego.:)

Thoughs of a Pats reign??
Let me help you to understand: REIGN: the time during which one reigns.

Now, did you just wake up and miss the decade so far?? In case you missed it let me remind you of our three Superbowl wins so far this decade. Now let's take a quick peek at your team - hmmm - not very much success at all since your last very impressive 49-26 trouncing you took during your one and only Superbowl appearance.

San Diego may be sunny and OB is very cool, but your football team is truly pathetic - all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back