Status
Not open for further replies.

Gwedd

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I know it's slightly O/T, but this short interview of Tiquan Underwood is very revealing. Shows he has an excellent head on his shoulders, understands the business nature of the NFL and is putting his lessons learned top good use in Tampa Bay.

Underwood grateful for time in New England - Extra Points - Boston.com

I especially like this comment:

Tampa Bay is installing a new offense, and to hear Underwood talk, it sounds as though it has some similarities to the Patriots' offense.

"You have to be on point to play in New England, and that’s the way it is here. Have to be on the same page as the quarterback as a receiver here, and I like that. A smarter player is a better player. Everyone knows that’s what New England is known for, and that’s what we’re trying to do here," he said.

"In this offense it’s all about timing and seeing the same thing. It’s going to take a little bit of time, but we’re working on it, day by day."

Last edited:
Underwood is a class act. His comments when left out of the Super Bowl game were also very classy. He is a smart guy with a level head on his shoulders. I wish him the best.

He is a smart guy with a level head on his shoulders.

I appreciate your thoughts, but was that crack about his head necessary? Does seem level, though

Tiquan-Underwood-in-happier-days.jpg

258504_lg.jpg

What I liked about Underwood was one word, speed. He's fast in two ways, speed on the field, and he learned the playbook very fast. He came in as a late signee, and was on the field more than Ocho Stinko (and obviously learned the playbook faster). Two things I'm not too sure about him, was his hands and ball awareness. I do like how classy he is, and I wish him all the luck (except against us).

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST